OT: - Metro Storrs staycation food recommendations? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Metro Storrs staycation food recommendations?

Reaction Score
If kids think they're "overworked" in college, wait until they get a real job. And yes, i'm including the kids working while going to school.
Disagree. Working and going to school is harder than just working. I have a "real job" for 40 hours/week and then get to do whatever I want the rest of the time.

Reaction Score
Disagree. Working and going to school is harder than just working. I have a "real job" for 40 hours/week and then get to do whatever I want the rest of the time.
Got kids?

Reaction Score
Thats a bit of a non sequitor
I should have mentioned it in my original post, but it's not a non-sequitor. Raising kids and working full-time is far more tiring than going to school. If you've got a full time job, and go to school full-time (which is not the majority of kids in college) then you've got a point. Part-time job and full time school? If you can't handle that, at 20, then God help you when you have a full time job, and a kid or three.

Reaction Score
I should have mentioned it in my original post, but it's not a non-sequitor. Raising kids and working full-time is far more tiring than going to school. If you've got a full time job, and go to school full-time (which is not the majority of kids in college) then you've got a point. Part-time job and full time school? If you can't handle that, at 20, then God help you when you have a full time job, and a kid or three.
No it's a non sequitor because you didn't mention anything about it in the first place. I don't disagree but it wasn't your argument.

Reaction Score
No it's a non sequitor because you didn't mention anything about it in the first place. I don't disagree but it wasn't your argument.
See first line of my response which states: "I should have mentioned it in my original post". I'm speaking from experience. A "real job" is raising a family. 40 hours/week at one job could equal the amount of work someone else does in 20 at another job, both are equally "real".

Reaction Score
No he doesn’t. Some woman broke his heart a few years back and got engaged to some jackass
Every time.

ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gif-15.gif

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
If kids think they're "overworked" in college, wait until they get a real job. And yes, i'm including the kids working while going to school.
I worked harder in college than I do now and I'm working 50-60 hours a week.

Reaction Score
I have one child, a three year old, and it's the freakin' hardest I've ever worked in my life.

Reaction Score
I worked harder in college than I do now and I'm working 50-60 hours a week.

All that hard work paid off. You are one of the small minority on this board that use “than” instead of “then” appropriately.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Thank you for helping me see the light guys. Because parenting is hard it's definitely true that college kids never feel overworked. Boy do I have egg on my face.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom