OT: - Metro Storrs staycation food recommendations? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Metro Storrs staycation food recommendations?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It's not gourmet but Toasted in Storrs Center has a nice selection of grilled panini sandwiches that travel well. It's not a chain, it's a mom-and-pop.
Toasted

Unfortunately, they closed several months ago.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Are insomnia cookies and the candy store still open? I never thought they'd make it

Insomnia is definitely still there. I don't think candy is though.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

That’s pretty surprising. They’re one of the better places that was out there. Storrs center is a strange collection of places

Reaction Score
Bummer. They're my client. Nice kids, I designed their stores. They still have downtown Hartford across from Max and their food truck does all the UConn football games at the Rent.

Reaction Score
I don't understand how a cookie delivery service is a viable business plan but good for them I guess

It's actually a very strong national brand.

It's in college towns across the country.

Reaction Score
It's actually a very strong national brand.

It's in college towns across the country.
I have heard, and I don't understand at all. 90% of their business must be school related functions and their margins must be pretty high

Reaction Score
I have heard, and I don't understand at all. 90% of their business must be school related functions and their margins must be pretty high

Ha, yeah man...

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If their customers are getting cookies delivered at 2am, it's not just the margins that are pretty high.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Try, "Eat's." If that's not open try, "Eat's and Drink's."

The apostrophes are intentional.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I'm thinking Lady Hans would sooner stop for Wethersfield Pizza chicken parm on the way up more so than a calzone, but she might be curious about downtown Storrs. Given what else we're doing, would that be a good side trip w/dairy bar desert?

Btw, we liked both Fire & Spice and El Nuevo Sarape last weekend when we took the train to Hartford & walked to Trinity's Cinestudio to see 2001; A Space Odyssey. We enjoyed our trip to Hartford enough to go back the following week.
Was it an evening showing? That's quite a harrowing walk.
Oh, and Dog Lane Cafe is good for sandwiches/salads/soups/coffee.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Was it an evening showing? That's quite a harrowing walk.
Oh, and Dog Lane Cafe is good for sandwiches/salads/soups/coffee.
Sunny afternoon matinee: Asylum to Broad to Capitol to Park Terrace to Summit to Zion to Summit. Quite doable, with some hidden delights like Gallaudet Square & Columbia St (and, sadly, too much trash) along the way.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Sunny afternoon matinee: Asylum to Broad to Capitol to Park Terrace to Summit to Zion to Summit. Quite doable, with some hidden delights like Gallaudet Square & Columbia St (and, sadly, too much trash) along the way.
I had to walk that exact area last summer picking up trash for community service. There’s so much of it that you could work forever.

Reaction Score
Saturday Airbnb overnight booked, with Dairy Bar, Mansfield Drive-in movie & Sunday Flea Market, and Coventry Farmers Market before heading to Bushnell Park for Hartford Jazz Festival if it isn't too rainy on Sunday. #stillrevolutionary
#Hartfordhasit
#dontshootwerefromnewhaven

Where should we get suitable, tasty, cheap eats, or food to bring to the movies?
Papas pizza and roast beef are right down the street from the drive in located west main st. Willimantic. Last I had them the salami grinders (toasted) were good and the wings were plump and tasty. Stop there and bring them into the drive in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom