MD Pregame Pressers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

MD Pregame Pressers

Reaction Score
I think Geno was pretty clear: the loss was because of a lack of will to win, not because of a lack of speed or height. This is a coache’s perspective: you teach people how to put out the effort required to win. That’s what matters most.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I’ve never seen Geno so layed back.
He didn't seem that worked up during the loss, either. Maybe he thought a loss would wake them up, and as he says, "it's still early in the season."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Geno previously said "STFU & just win" but now he says it doesn't matter rif they win in November or not.
Previously Ice was touted as being an "old school player" & now Geno says that she's trying to find herself.
All of the starters were upperclassmen but he says you never know where the defensive weakness are going to be until after the game is played & then he makes adjustments for the next game.
He didn't seem to want to admit that UConn was beat by a better & more talented opponent & didn't seem to take responsibility for it because winning or losing in November doesn't matter.
But he didn't begin the season by saying "STFU & just lose."
The media doesn't presssure Geno to answer hard questions, & when they do he deflects by talking about nostalgia.
He used profanity again refering to Cheli's recruitment which IMO is crass.
I wonder if that's a turnoff or a warning sign for players & recruits who come from a devout background, espcially from the southern US.
Geno is an Italian from Philly, he's gonna use profanity. And I know it may come as a shock to some posters on here, but probably 90% of the "girls" do too. If players/recruits can't handle some profanity, they are not gonna fit in at UCONN, or probably most colleges.

Besides swearing has benefits. We should all do it more often.

Reaction Score
Geno is an Italian from Philly, he's gonna use profanity. And I know it may come as a shock to some posters on here, but probably 90% of the "girls" do too. If players/recruits can't handle some profanity, they are not gonna fit in at UCONN, or probably most colleges.

Besides swearing has benefits. We should all do it more often.

Only 90%? Not only do they swear they learn the choice words and phrases in the primary language of each of their teammates.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Only 90%? Not only do they swear they learn the choice words and phrases in the primary language of each of their teammates.
I just hope the refs don't learn those choice words and phrases or there may be some Technical fouls called.;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom