OT: - May is National Hamburger Month | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: May is National Hamburger Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I apologize for being a few days late.... but I guess this coronavirus stuff has me all discombobulated :confused:

Support your local restaurant and order takeout of at least one burger per week for the rest of the month :cool:

la-lucha-burger_zsxljj.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I got an order from Omaha Steaks a couple of weeks ago. I think I'll be dining in. Thanks for the reminder!

Reaction Score
Finally a meaty topic for the BY....but the possibility of a beef shortage will probably cook this thread.....

Reaction Score
Oddly, though I didn't know it was hamburger month, I ate more burgers this month than I had for a long time. Had a half pounder today. Learned how to make real good ones from watching Bobby Flay. His burger place is great at the Mohegan Sun if you haven't been there. But the key to my great burgers is pulling the meat all apart and putting it back together as lightly as I can and then searing them at about 600 degrees for about 3 mins a side. Even though I cook them all the way through, they are juicy as can be. Of course it all starts with good meat though. And then I put a slice of tomato about a 1/2 inch thick in there. And often A-1 steak sauce or heinz ketchup. Did I make you hungry?
Roger, Fuddruckers at Foxwoods also makes a great burger and they let you put on your own toppings.

Reaction Score
Just did a cookout on the grille. Mixed the hamburg with egg, onion, some shredded bread crumbs and cheddar cheese. Topped it with pickles, lettuce and tomato. God loves us.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I got a big pack of 80-20 ground beef yesterday. Next warm day I'm grilling some up.

Reaction Score
Ha! My favorite quote from Popeye! Use it all the time as a joke in our fam! Wonder if he ever paid-up all those burgers! Ha!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Last week of the month bump. I know the price of burgers have increased.... but go out and support your local restaurant and get a few burgers.... i know they would appreciate the business.

Imma have to end this month in style with the North Carolinian burger from Hops Burger Bar. 8 oz of angus beef topped with applewood smoked bacon, a fried egg, pimento cheese, a fried green tomato, and lettuce.... with a side of garlic and rosemary fries.... and perhaps some fried crab balls with a cajun remoulade sauce and asiago cheese to start off. I would have to WALK to Cameron Indoor to walk off all the calories

Hops-Burger-Bar-4.jpg

Reaction Score
If any of you Boneyarders ever get to Pittsburgh try and make it to Max & Erma's for a "Garbageburger" Cheddar & pepper jack, jalapeños & tortilla strips. Served with lettuce, tomato & onion on a toasted brioche bun with a small side of award-winning Tortilla Soup for dunking. And wash it down with an ice cold Rolling Rock. As an added attraction you can make your own sundae with all the fixings and ice cream in a bathtub.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
As I advance in age, my memory fades and fades and fades, and I forget important dates/months in American History. I apologize for the late bump. :oops::oops::oops: Please go out and enjoy as many burgers as you can in the last few days of this month.

Sadly, my favorite burger place in Greensboro has closed permanently after almost 60 years in Business. :(:(:(:(:(

Screen-Shot-2017-07-17-at-2.26.30-PM.png

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Daughter's having a burger this evening. Wife and I are having grilled mushroom towers. Three portobella caps, with bell pepper, caramelized onion (supposed to be ramps, but I don't have a source), cheese sandwiched between each pair, and a raspberry-balsamic reduction over it all. It's one of the things that make life good.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
As I advance in age, my memory fades and fades and fades, and I forget important dates/months in American History. I apologize for the late bump. :oops::oops::oops: Please go out and enjoy as many burgers as you can in the last few days of this month.

Sadly, my favorite burger place in Greensboro has closed permanently after almost 60 years in Business. :(:(:(:(:(

View attachment 67566
Unfortunately many businesses have closed over the past year.:(

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Daughter's having a burger this evening. Wife and I are having grilled mushroom towers. Three portobella caps, with bell pepper, caramelized onion (supposed to be ramps, but I don't have a source), cheese sandwiched between each pair, and a raspberry-balsamic reduction over it all. It's one of the things that make life good.
Mmmm, that sounds good!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Unfortunately many businesses have closed over the past year.:(

Sadly, the business was still thriving, but the owner is very ill and is in the hospital.

Reaction Score
Somebody help me out here. The best burger place I remember from growing up on Long Island in the 50s and 60s was a place called Dave Shores (not certain of the spelling) somewhere in the middle of Nassau County. Does anyone else remember this place?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
You are doing life right!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
A fair number of good burgers out in Tucson, I think. But a place called "Divine Bovine" opened near us not long before the pandemic and continued throughout. Have done some takeout recently (we went once pre) - the burgers are delicious, you can basically get either the burger or chicken "your way" although they have combinations pre-listed as well. They were doing Bison burgers as well, but I think not anymore.

BUT - We get Homemade Tater-Tots there. Words fail me. And for some reason they have Brussel Sprouts on the menu. These are the best Brussel Sprouts I have ever had.

This is the first local restaurant I have filled out a review for on-line. Not because I don't like lots of places, but because I don't (as a rule) do reviews.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Had a burger at a restaurant in Colorado one time, don't remember exactly where. West of Denver, we were heading toward Steamboat Springs, I think it was somewhere along a main highway, before we turned north.

Anyway, the burger was pretty good, but what set it apart was that it had fried cactus on it. Never seen that before or since. It was lightly breaded and fried. It was sorta like a pickle, but different. Really enjoyed that. Would like to have that again some time. Not even sure what kind of cactus, maybe prickly pear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom