OT: - May is National Hamburger Month | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: May is National Hamburger Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Five Guys is the chain of choice in my area.
Five Guys is good, but I loooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeee Smash Burgers. Juiciest hamburger I've ever had.:p:p:p

Reaction Score
The reason Five Guys is so good:

1) Although this article only says their fries are worse for you than any other fries, I have a book which shows them on the cover and says they are the worst for you of ANY chain restaurant food - not just fries.

2) Their bacon cheeseburger makes the top 10 worst-for-you burgers list with 920 calories, 62 grams of fat and 1310 milligrams of sodium.

Reaction Score
Cheeseburger with chili and a side of fries at Hanks in Plainfield. It is my reason for being in the summer.

Their fried clams are to die for. I try to get there at least once a summer.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Looks at your avatar.... looks at my avatar...... Oh It's on :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Fried Clams? My ears are perking up and I'll be in NYC and New England next month.

Reaction Score
I’m doing a month long burger tour of Providence and surrounding area. I paid $20 and for the month of May there are 25 different restaurants I can go to and get a burger. So far good but I’ll be sick of them by June.

I've been away but started burger month again today. I noticed they jacked up the price to $25. Couple of my favorite places from last year are gone but some new interesting places are now included. I was rushed today so I picked Red Robin. I have never been really enjoyed their A.1. Peppercorn burger.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Bring it you bunch of jerks ;)

IMG_20190508_141522.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Earlier in the week I was having a serious dilemma. Whether to get my first burger of the month from a fast food establishment (cookout) or get a burger from one of the burger hot spots in town. Alas.... I succumbed to the sight and smells coming from Cook Out.... and ordered the Big Double with cheese .. Cook Out style. Which is topped with mustard, chili, slaw, and onions. I hadnt had one that style in years...... it was sooooooooooooooooooooooo good. Soooooooooooooo good that I went back the next day and got me another :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That's actually cool!

Care to make a friendly avatar wager on this series? The Bruins win.... I'll switch to a Bruin avatar for the rest of the NHL season...... if the Canes win..... you switch to a Cane avatar
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ok..... well tomorrow the 28th is the official National Hamburger Day. So eat your salad and granola tonight.... and go chow down on a nice big burger Tuesday.

The top burger place in town... and one of the top places in the country has a featured burger of the week that that they post on their instagram account every monday. This weeks selection :eek::eek::eek::eek:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Ok..... well tomorrow the 28th is the official National Hamburger Day. So eat your salad and granola tonight.... and go chow down on a nice big burger Tuesday.

The top burger place in town... and one of the top places in the country has a featured burger of the week that that they post on their instagram account every monday. This weeks selection :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yuck! Mint and mango on a burger? That's an atrocity. Throw it in the garbage!

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Anybody remember the District Attorney played by William Talman on the Perry Mason Show?

Hamilton Burger. Ham Burger, for short. :D

Worst DA in the history of the world. You never saw him win a case. Conversely, "Mason" was the best defense attorney in the world. He never lost a case.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
We just had char-broiled burgers cooked on the grill...not a mango or mint leaf in sight. Just extra sharp cheddar cheese, cayenne pepper, ground black pepper, Montreal steak seasoning, brisket rub, shredded lettuce, sliced tomato and Vidalia onion, ketchup, hot sauce and jalapeno mustard, all served on butter toasted, whole wheat, bakery hamburger rolls.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Piedmontese beef is the only way to go. Being a 25,000 year old Italian breed I suspect Geno would approve.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A burger with lobster, smoked duck egg and caviar. Just plain silly excess, like dropping gold dust on food. Yeah, that too.

sacrilegious mish mosh of foods for the sake of splash. I'm guessing the camera turned off and he headed for the slop bucket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom