2023 Recruiting: - Matt Curtis | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Matt Curtis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I grew up east of the Connecticut River and I swear I don't think I've ever been to Ellington. What's there? Is there a downtown area with restaurants, etc.? Or is it just very rural?
They got their first Dunkin within the last couple years so that's kind of a big deal.

Reaction Score
It had been VERY rural up until about 2000 it became more suburban. There are a couple plazas along a drag of rt 83 but nothing resembling a downtown. Hidden Still is a nice pub and there’s another restaurant, Cold Creek Tavern, and a couple pizza places (it’s still CT after all). The old Ellington Supermarket is now a Big Y. Housing prices are crazy and there’s a few nice upscale condos.
I moved out of CT in 1996 so that probably explains it. Well maybe on my way down to see my parents one day I'll stop by the Hidden Still or Cold Creek Tavern for a beer.

Reaction Score
It had been VERY rural up until about 2000 it became more suburban. There are a couple plazas along a drag of rt 83 but nothing resembling a downtown. Hidden Still is a nice pub and there’s another restaurant, Cold Creek Tavern, and a couple pizza places (it’s still CT after all). The old Ellington Supermarket is now a Big Y. Housing prices are crazy and there’s a few nice upscale condos.
My neighbor own the Hidden Still, good dude.

Reaction Score
I grew up east of the Connecticut River and I swear I don't think I've ever been to Ellington. What's there? Is there a downtown area with restaurants, etc.? Or is it just very rural?
As others have mentioned, Klotter Farms makes incredible furniture and barns, quality through the roof. We are more suburban now, but we still have more cows than people. There is a big population of Swiss (Klotter, Mosers, Luginbuhls lee's auto ranch) and they are kinda similar to the Omish, sort of. One of the Mosers had his barn built by the Pennsylvania Omish in like 3 days and it's huge. Did it with no nails and it's big enough for a basketball court and a class A RV on one side. The other side is a rec area, it's beautiful. On the farm side it's open space and cows, it's fun to ride my bike through that area. The cows sometimes come to the fences to say hello.as I ride past. The most traffic you see is when a tractor crosses from one field to another. Quiet town, super conservative, which butts heads with the new people to town. I'm on Crystal Lake, it's a typical lake area, old time Ellington and new professional ppl

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
As others have mentioned, Klotter Farms makes incredible furniture and barns, quality through the roof. We are more suburban now, but we still have more cows than people. There is a big population of Swiss (Klotter, Mosers, Luginbuhls lee's auto ranch) and they are kinda similar to the Omish, sort of. One of the Mosers had his barn built by the Pennsylvania Omish in like 3 days and it's huge. Did it with no nails and it's big enough for a basketball court and a class A RV on one side. The other side is a rec area, it's beautiful. On the farm side it's open space and cows, it's fun to ride my bike through that area. The cows sometimes come to the fences to say hello.as I ride past. The most traffic you see is when a tractor crosses from one field to another. Quiet town, super conservative, which butts heads with the new people to town. I'm on Crystal Lake, it's a typical lake area, old time Ellington and new professional ppl

good to see these new age idiots can take away the literally one good thing about the town.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Same Mosers who used to own the farm in Ellington? I think that was the name of the farm that had a petting farm and some great ice cream in the summer. Think it was around Butcher Rd and West Rd.

Reaction Score
Same Mosers who used to own the farm in Ellington? I think that was the name of the farm that had a petting farm and some great ice cream in the summer. Think it was around Butcher Rd and West Rd.
Yeah, if you lived east of the river you probably had Moser Milk. They closed that business, but they are doing well. The best I've cream here in town is either Dzen or Kloter. Really good ice cream iyam.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah, if you lived east of the river you probably had Moser Milk. They closed that business, but they are doing well. The best I've cream here in town is either Dzen or Kloter. Really good ice cream iyam.

Yeah, my memories of that are from late 70's or early 80's. Undoubtedly the best part of going to Moser's for ice cream was dad, without fail ever, always pulling over to the side of the road to "Moooooooooo" at the cows.
Also those areas in Ellington used to have great corn you could get roadside.

Reaction Score
Not ranked by 247 or Rivals. Offers from Bryant, Fairfield, Hartford, UMaaaaaaaaaaaaasss and Rutgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom