Marquette Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One of the best civic center crowds in recent memory. Hat tip to the women singing the national anthem who screwed it up and then the crowd cheering her on Mo Cheeks style. Wonderful Mojo.
Hartford had it tonight

Mrs. Edmund Saunders anthem got the building going!!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Marquette’s board is highly upset about Donny Marshall calling these games. Says he has a massive bias lol.
I loved that one time Al McGuire did a UConn game!

Reaction Score
are they still funneling everyone thru one or two entrances? Why is it so empty 5 min prior to tip

Reaction Score
So Hurley knows how to coach now? And the amateur athletes know how to play now? And the ebbs and flows of a CBB season happen now? Asking for a friend
Amazing how wonderful Hurley coaches when Hawkins, Polley and Cole make 3 pointers and Whaley and Sanogo don’t get into foul trouble in the 1st 5 minutes

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My gripe is Polley didn't get the rock in the 2nd half. He was open several times when the pass went elsewhere. And the shot

Waq I am afraid to say something similar because it’s a good win. But I am disappointed that neither Polley or Hawkins got looks in the 2nd half after warm first halves. I mean a focus should be to run something to get them looks. I’m sure Shaka made it tough as well but hot shooters need looks!

Reaction Score
Love how Hawkins and Polley combined for 16 points on only eight shots. Both efficient. Sadly though, I think they are our only two options off the bench moving forward. Unfortunately, the Gaffney regression continues. Both turnovers in his four minutes of play were cringeworthy.
Add in the missed layup that Sanogo saved with a tip-in. Kid just needs to get under control. Do what you can, not more.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Waq I am afraid to say something similar because it’s a good win. But I am disappointed that neither Polley or Hawkins got looks in the 2nd half after warm first halves. I mean a focus should be to run something to get them looks. I’m sure Shaka made it tough as well but hot shooters need looks!

I mentioned this in @RichZ Thoughtz thread.

Jackson had a nice drive and kick out to Cole in the corner for an open 3. Ball was halfway down but popped out. Jackson is the only UConn player who can penetrate and kick. When Cole penetrates he's looking to shoot or make an interior pass. Martin isn't passing to anyone once he starts his drive.

In the halfcourt, Polley and Hawkins are only getting shots if the weave and screens get them open. Better coaches know how to mitigate that.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Maybe this should be its own thread, but how could it have gotten so bad? It makes no sense. He’s a junior with a lot of experience.
People here have stopped cheering for him. If you think that cheering helps the team, then cheer for him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Like I said previously: we are a bad matchup for Marquette. Unfortunately, Creighton and Villanova are bad matchups for us.
Nova is definitely a horrible matchup for us. Creighton isn't, we just played like dog poop against them.

Marquette has no answer for Sanogo.

Reaction Score
He has solved this dilemma by just playing Gaff less than 5 minutes a game.

Not possible in a game where Cole gets in foul trouble.

I think at this point we're probably stuck with Gaff. I'm sure if he could redo the season Hurley would try to prepare Diggins more for the backup role

Reaction Score
Great win. UConn needed that one. Sanogo and Rese with a great game. Lets get the next one Huskies!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
i didn't say they avoided a brutal loss. I said they refused to allow themselves to lose.
A rare instance of something like this being pointed out and me seeing that I'd read it wrong.

Reaction Score
We’ve only seen Rahsool play with Hurley Jr and co. Not a fair comparison. We need a competent backup and I hope it’s him, being a freshman assuming more upside

Reaction Score
I thought we played great defense on Lewis most of the night and had Morsell out of rhythm. The guy who impressed me the most from Marquette was Prosper. 7-8 for 18 points. Tripled his season average. I could see him being a handful consistently in a year or two.

Reaction Score
I thought we played great defense on Lewis most of the night and had Morsell out of rhythm. The guy who impressed me the most from Marquette was Prosper. 7-8 for 18 points. Tripled his season average. I could see him being a handful consistently in a year or two.
All-time great name, too. Both his full name and nickname are spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom