Marquette Hiring Shaka Smart | The Boneyard

Marquette Hiring Shaka Smart

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Whoa, that seems like a great hire. How did they lure him away from a good gig at Texas?

I’m so confused buy this. Seems like a huge pay cut? Another good coach for the conference so i’m happy about it
He was on the hot seat before this year and the loss to ACU definitely didn't help given the team they have. I'm guessing both sides were ready for a split and he's from Madison which gets him close to home. Still a great hire for Marquette IMO. Need to get used to his hair now.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
That's a great hire. Gonna be great in the regular season but I'm not worried about him beating us in the tournament lol

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Would be a good hire but I don’t know if I pull the trigger unless you’re not sure you can get Moser.

Texas opening up, along with the Indiana search, would certainly add a good bit of intrigue to the coaching carousel.

Reaction Score
BTW, Chris Beard is a Texas alum and it's been rumored to be his dream job forever. If I were a Tech fan, I would scared out of my mind right now lol
There has also been rumors of Beads to Indiana so yeah they are probably nervous. The Texas job is a HUGE opening i’m curious to see who ends up there.

Reaction Score
smart had the same number of ncaa tournament wins at texas as wojo had at marquette...

(0)

Reaction Score
FWIW there's been rumors of a wave of transfers from Texas Tech coming this week, which would line up with that
Do you know any names? I haven’t seen anything about that yet, but makes perfect sense. Crazy stuff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom