Marquette annihilates Providence | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Marquette annihilates Providence

Reaction Score
I’m not referring to Duke, I’m well aware he’s a good player. I’m referring to Providence as a team...
I write in another post this is what Cooley teams do......
Start slow, better late.

Reaction Score
My fault, Indiana is a tourney team right now and will get their fair share of wins in the Big 10 vs the top tier teams. I can say the same about UConn.....you only beat the bottom feeders so far and was down 18 to Marquette a middle of the pack BE that can catch fire and easily finish top 3. It's still early.
You mean we beat, by double digits, the Marquette team you lost to by double digits? And we beat, by double digits, the Butler team you lost to? Your obession with being down at one pint in the game is odd. You know games last 40 mins, right? Further, I assume based on your statement PC is a bottom feeder as well since they have the same record as Marquette and lost to Butler?

Reaction Score
You mean we beat, by double digits, the Marquette team you lost to by double digits? And we beat, by double digits, the Butler team you lost to? Your obession with being down at one pint in the game is odd. You know games last 40 mins, right? Further, I assume based on your statement PC is a bottom feeder as well since they have the same record as Marquette and lost to Butler?
No, right now PC is middle of the pack with marquette and Xavier.......they don't get their ish together at the end of these games they will be a bottom feeder......the whole who beat who by how many points is pointless we beat SH at the buzzer, they killed Xavier and Xavier beat us at the buzzer. You said Indiana beat 12th,13th and 14th and will get top tiers wins in the conference. UConn beat 11th twice,9th and Marquette and will get your fair share of top tier wins.....In BE case Creighton and Nova......SH trending up

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No, right now PC is middle of the pack with marquette and Xavier.......they don't get their ish together at the end of these games they will be a bottom feeder......the whole who beat who by how many points is pointless we beat SH at the buzzer, they killed Xavier and Xavier beat us at the buzzer. You said Indiana beat 12th,13th and 14th and will get top tiers wins in the conference. UConn beat 11th twice,9th and Marquette and will get your fair share of top tier wins.....In BE case Creighton and Nova......SH trending up
You know what is even more pointless than who beat who? The score at a random point in the middle of the game.

Reaction Score
My fault, Indiana is a tourney team right now and will get their fair share of wins in the Big 10 vs the top tier teams.
The same team that is 8-6 overall, and 3-4 in the conference, after losing at home by 12 to Purdue tonight? I'm not saying they won't end up being an NCAA Tournament team, but they certainly don't look it right now.

Reaction Score
Watching the PC / Marquette game the other night was illuminating because I think the athletic talent of both teams was on clear display. So too was the inconsistency of both teams. Marquette may be more talented than UCONN at this point. PC is probably just as talented as UCONN . They are both less disciplined than UCONN on the defensive end and that is the difference.

With UCONN back in the Big East, I think that hurts PC a little bit. There is sufficient talent in the Northeast for both programs, but assuming we win more than our fair share of recruiting battles, Cooley has to figure out how to get his guys playing better together earlier in order to remain a consistent tourney team.

Reaction Score
Watching the PC / Marquette game the other night was illuminating because I think the athletic talent of both teams was on clear display. So too was the inconsistency of both teams. Marquette may be more talented than UCONN at this point. PC is probably just as talented as UCONN . They are both less disciplined than UCONN on the defensive end and that is the difference.

With UCONN back in the Big East, I think that hurts PC a little bit. There is sufficient talent in the Northeast for both programs, but assuming we win more than our fair share of recruiting battles, Cooley has to figure out how to get his guys playing better together earlier in order to remain a consistent tourney team.
Marquette is not more talented than UConn

Reaction Score

Not really PC recruits the DMV area hard

Reaction Score
What team have you been watching, Reeves is a shooter and attack the paint with aggression and Duke will dunk in you and kill you from deep.
I’ll split the difference on here. Duke is a player. Real good and will be 1st team BE. Your Reeves take would be like me saying RJ is on pace to get his numbers in the rafters. Dudes like 33% from the field & 31% from deep, averagi single digits.

Reaction Score
Marquette is not more talented than UConn
Maybe I am overcompensating for bias. It is also possible that you are projecting what you think AJ and Gaffney (and Akok) will be and not what they have shown so far.

Either way I think we agree that UCONN is presently better than both (assuming Bouk returns to form).

Reaction Score
Not really PC recruits the DMV area hard
I was considering Maryland part of the NE for the purposes of my post. Your high end talent will likely be diminished so you won’t have the luxury of struggling until February any longer. That is fixable for a good coach.

Long term you can increase the size of the recruiting pool if you start winning some tourney games.

Reaction Score
I’ll split the difference on here. Duke is a player. Real good and will be 1st team BE. Your Reeves take would be like me saying RJ is on pace to get his numbers in the rafters. Dudes like 33% from the field & 31% from deep, averagi single digits.
Reeves numbers are down, but he hits timely and clutch shots/buzzer beaters in key moments of the game, seems like every game since his freshman year.

Reaction Score
Reeves numbers are down, but he hits timely and clutch shots/buzzer beaters in key moments of the game, seems like every game since his freshman year.
You obviously watch more Providence hoops than I, so I won’t argue with you about him hitting timely shots, etc. I just reserve labels like “Shooter” for guys who put the ball in the hoop with regularity.

Reaction Score
I keep seeing this thread and asking myself if the whole point was to troll our PC friends. It was actually a close game. Annihilate seems like a stretch.

Reaction Score
I keep seeing this thread and asking myself if the whole point was to troll our PC friends. It was actually a close game. Annihilate seems like a stretch.
Annihilate has become a local Boneyard meme for basically any victory by any margin whatsoever.

But the answer to your self question is still yes.

Reaction Score
Annihilate has become a local Boneyard meme for basically any victory by any margin whatsoever.

But the answer to your self question is still yes.
Nice. This sounds fun. Gunna give it a try. Here goes.

Yo @PChoops what's up with your squad yo? You all got annihilated hard against lousy Marquette. Thought you were good. What gives?!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can't close these close ones out, that's all.
Kidding of course. Hopefully that was obvious. Happy to be back in the league with you guys. Never like losing to you, but always root for you in the tournament. Watching you beat Duke a couple decades ago is a fond memory.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom