March Recruiting Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

March Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Big East Tournament is becoming a recruiting tool why bigs should go to UConn. With skilled, high basketball IQ guards, the offense goes through the bigs who get the ball in great locations. No accident that Edwards and Dorka have been double double machines most of the year.

Reaction Score

This kid is growing on me. Her shooting other than FTs needs work and her shots around the paint are unorthodox but she finds a way to get it in the hole. But her defensive reactions, quickness to the ball, and willingness to bang and effort level are really good. Being 6-2 and able to really get off the floor, she's going to be a serious problem on both boards and to play against on defense. At UConn I think she'd be one of those "winning" players every team needs and a nice 3rd or 4th in the bigs rotation. Plus I think she'll be a kid who really works hard to improve and you can't have too many of those.

Reaction Score

Fournier has good handles, quick hands, long arms, and is quick off the dribble for someone that size. She'd be more a wing than a big by D1 standards if she was a better perimeter shooter. But she could fill the sort of role Siegrist plays for Villanova, occasionally filling in at the 4, and slashing from the wing. She could succeed at UConn, though she'd be competing directly with Q.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/4

SAN ANTONIO — With a raucous crowd of over 3,000 rocking the Alamodome and Lubbock Cooper in the midst of a frantic comeback, Frisco Liberty turned to a freshman to deliver a state championship Saturday.

Jacy Abii, facing enormous pressure in her first state tournament, tuned out the noise and calmly put her team on her back in the final two minutes with one critical basket after another. The final one, a fastbreak layup with 25 seconds remaining, gave Liberty a five-point cushion and the celebration could finally begin after rallying from an 11-point first-quarter deficit.

With Abii scoring the team’s final six points, Liberty fulfilled its preseason expectation of winning a state title and put away Cooper 57-52 in the Class 5A championship game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Kennedy Holman 2026/ 5'7 / PG / HSE

KK had an outstanding July while playing at the 15U level and she continued that high level of play into the showcase as she displayed a mature and skilled game from the point. She handled it against pressure, made good decisions with the ball and repeatedly set up teammates and put herself into position for efficient play. She has nice athleticism, skill and toughness in her game. She is another prospect that plays in high level programs that will advance her game quickly. KK was selected to the All-Showcase team, with her smooth consistent play throughout the event.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kennedy Holman 2026/ 5'7 / PG / HSE

KK had an outstanding July while playing at the 15U level and she continued that high level of play into the showcase as she displayed a mature and skilled game from the point. She handled it against pressure, made good decisions with the ball and repeatedly set up teammates and put herself into position for efficient play. She has nice athleticism, skill and toughness in her game. She is another prospect that plays in high level programs that will advance her game quickly. KK was selected to the All-Showcase team, with her smooth consistent play throughout the event.

Can we get a team full of KKs? :D

Reaction Score
Fournier has good handles, quick hands, long arms, and is quick off the dribble for someone that size. She'd be more a wing than a big by D1 standards if she was a better perimeter shooter. But she could fill the sort of role Siegrist plays for Villanova, occasionally filling in at the 4, and slashing from the wing. She could succeed at UConn, though she'd be competing directly with Q.
I’m tired of players that can’t shoot. There are so many players men and women who make it to the pro level and can’t shoot. How does that happen? If you’re practicing basketball the number one thing you can work on is shooting when you’re alone. She looks like she would be great for rebounding and defense but I’m starting to get picky in my old age, if I’m a recruiter, you better be able to shoot. It’s ok if you’re not lights out but you can’t be scared to shoot the ball if you’re open. That as a basketball player makes no sense to me and I’m tired of players who have not shot. Give me a fundamentally solid big who can shoot like the the centers in the big ten over Toby any day. I’m not wowed by her athleticism as I get older because I know a solid good shooting center would outplay her.

Reaction Score
Give me a fundamentally solid big who can shoot like the the centers in the big ten over Toby any day. I’m not wowed by her athleticism as I get older because I know a solid good shooting center would outplay her.
I doubt she'd be matched up against opposing centers. She's 6'2" with long arms, a leaper who can dunk with ease. She isn't bulky, which is why I compared her to Siegrist, but Aubrey is another similar player. Fournier has better post moves.

Plus she has a decent mid range shot. Just not a consistent perimeter shot.

Reaction Score
I’m tired of players that can’t shoot. There are so many players men and women who make it to the pro level and can’t shoot. How does that happen? If you’re practicing basketball the number one thing you can work on is shooting when you’re alone. She looks like she would be great for rebounding and defense but I’m starting to get picky in my old age, if I’m a recruiter, you better be able to shoot. It’s ok if you’re not lights out but you can’t be scared to shoot the ball if you’re open. That as a basketball player makes no sense to me and I’m tired of players who have not shot. Give me a fundamentally solid big who can shoot like the the centers in the big ten over Toby any day. I’m not wowed by her athleticism as I get older because I know a solid good shooting center would outplay her.
I'm old too. I'll take Fournier since you don't want her.

This could turn into a Geno v Dawn recruiting philosophy debate real fast but I don't wanna' get Nan POed atme, so I'll shut down here.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Everyone scour Twitter and Instagram for the next ten days; Geno and staff are going back on the recruiting trail. From the postgame presser:

And it ended, that book ended the right way. It had a lot of acts and a lot of tragedies and a lot of ups and downs, a lot of stuff, but the book ended the right way. And now it's time for a new one.

And that's always exciting. These next 10 days we've got to go recruiting. We've got to still do our job. We can't just sit around and stare at our trophies. But for the next couple days, I think we're just going to take a deep breath and let it all come out. Holding a lot in.

Reaction Score
This kid is growing on me. Her shooting other than FTs needs work and her shots around the paint are unorthodox but she finds a way to get it in the hole. But her defensive reactions, quickness to the ball, and willingness to bang and effort level are really good. Being 6-2 and able to really get off the floor, she's going to be a serious problem on both boards and to play against on defense. At UConn I think she'd be one of those "winning" players every team needs and a nice 3rd or 4th in the bigs rotation. Plus I think she'll be a kid who really works hard to improve and you can't have too many of those.
Hopefully she'll expand her shooting range over the summer during AAU and FIBA play. I know she's part of the Kia Nurse Elite team again this year. Should be an interesting summer for her.

Reaction Score
I doubt she'd be matched up against opposing centers. She's 6'2" with long arms, a leaper who can dunk with ease. She isn't bulky, which is why I compared her to Siegrist, but Aubrey is another similar player. Fournier has better post moves.

Plus she has a decent mid range shot. Just not a consistent perimeter shot.
Unless her name is Katy Lou Samuelson, I like my 6'2" players to have strong inside moves and a solid mid-range game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Well this continues to feel foreboding:

College coaches won’t be allowed to contact Johnson directly until June 15. But Johnson can reach out to coaches, as she did last summer when South Carolina coach Dawn Staley made a scholarship offer.

“Being able to talk to her, I was shocked at first,” Johnson said. “I was like, ‘I’m really on the phone with one of the best coaches that’s ever done it.’ That did show me how good I’ve become, but I have a lot more work to do.”

Johnson has no set timetable for narrowing her college choices, though she likely will make a few visits this summer. She expects to wait until the summer before her senior season to announce a commitment.

Reaction Score
I’d like to be a spectator in the gym this summer the first time she pulls out that crossover and jump step on the UConn guards in a pickup game. There’s gonna be some interesting competition going on there.
KK also brings energy on the same level as Bird, Jefferson, and Nika. Too early to compare her skills to some of the UConn greats, but as we have seen with Kika, determination and energy go a long way in determining success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom