LSU and Louisville Lose to Unranked Teams (merged) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

LSU and Louisville Lose to Unranked Teams (merged)

Reaction Score
Michigan loses by three! Go Big Red!

Maryland loses by 11 to Indiana! Go Hoosiers!
Our High School boys basketball team took on the #1 ranked team in the State of Indiana small schools in the sectional semi-finals tonight. 17 lead changes happened in the last 6 minutes of the fourth quarter, had the score tied with 8.5 seconds to go and we had the ball with a time out to advance the ball. Senior 6' 3" point guard drives the lane, does a 360 turn to clear his defender as a second defender crashes into both of them enough to cause the shot to come off the rim. Our freshman 5' 11" shooting guard sprints from 14 feet out to jump to 14" of the rim tipping the ball toward the backboard with his hand above the rim - the ball leaves his fingertips with the clock down to 0.2 seconds on the clock. As the ball kisses off the backboard, the horn sounds with the clock at 0.00, and the ball hits the near side of the rim (to him) goes up in the air about 20" and lands in the net to win 62-60. Even sweeter, this #1 ranked team, knocked out our guys for the past three years. On to the sectional finals....

Dominos falling is a national event tonight. Might need to order some pizza....from Dominos, of course!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
What a day!

UConn obviously needs to take care of business this weekend, but things are setting up nicely for them to end up the #2 seed in Bridgeport when all is said and done as long as they win the BET.
We should have known this was going to be a kooky day when Georgetown upset Providence.....by 13 no less. :eek:

Reaction Score
Even with these loses, even if UConn wins out with big victories in the BE tournament, I think UConn still needs Iowa State to lose early in the BIG 12 tournament for a chance at a 2 seed. Just sayin'.
I think UConn has a good shot at taking Iowa State #2 spot in the Bridgeport bracket. The seedings were announced before Baylor blew them out. They still have 1 game left against West Virginia tomorrow before the Big 12 tournament next week.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it’s a little bit too early for victory lap. Let’s just take care of business tomorrow.
It's never too early for a victory lap. I routinely do victory laps before my Academic teams compete. Some say I easily get lost going to these contests, but the victories keep stacking up. I am blessed with tremendous students who love learning college level material in a very short amount of time.

My Math, Science and Interdisciplinary Captain is headed to the Military Academy at West Point this summer for example of the caliber of students I have the pleasure of teaching dual credit calculus-based physics, and dual credit chemistry...

Reaction Score
Whew! Breathed a big sigh of relief to see that St Johns took care of one of our old rivals, Duquesne.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
What's the difference between a 2 or a 3 seed?

Is there an example of UConn not being seeded in a CT regional? ( When there is one.)

Reaction Score
That should put Baylor in Wichita, and have NC State in Bridgeport. #2 for UCONN in Wichita might not be so bad, as it would put UCONN on the opposite side of the bracket from SC, if the dominos falling do not launch UCONN into the #1 "orbit" in Brideport.

I like UCONN's chances in the National finals versus SC ==> Geno goes to 12-0 in the finals!!!!
Could also put Louisville as the #2 in Greensboro to see how they do against Dawn's team in the Regional finals, after UCONN goes to Wichita...

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It's never too early for a victory lap. I routinely do victory laps before my Academic teams compete. Some say I easily get lost going to these contests, but the victories keep stacking up. I am blessed with tremendous students who love learning college level material in a very short amount of time.

My Math, Science and Interdisciplinary Captain is headed to the Military Academy at West Point this summer for example of the caliber of students I have the pleasure of teaching dual credit calculus-based physics, and dual credit chemistry...
How did you let one of your students go to West Point? I can't believe that you didn't try to guide them to Annapolis!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Hard to imagine a better day for UConn... with 2 projected #2 seeds losing, making a better case for us as a 2 seed (if we take care of business in the BE tournament). Of course, Tenn losing would have made it even better, as always... :)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Here's a look at the top 16, from 2/28 prior to conf tourneys, through last night. Five teams lost in quarterfinals. IMHO, that should weigh more than a top team losing in a close game in the finals, especially a 1 v 2 game.

Oklahoma, Iowa State and Texas play today, and Baylor plays tomorrow in final reg season conf games. The B12 tourney bracket still not final.

1646476070481.png

Reaction Score
If you want a bit of entertainment, go online and watch Mulkey's technical. If there was ever a reason to throw a coach out of the game, this is it. If Geno said and did what Mulkey did, it would be the led story on most news shows.

Reaction Score
If you want a bit of entertainment, go online and watch Mulkey's technical. If there was ever a reason to throw a coach out of the game, this is it. If Geno said and did what Mulkey did, it would be the led story on most news shows.
Mulkey was hot. She did say something of interest in the press conference about Kentucky. She said "they have all their parts back, everyone is healthy. They've been on a run. They're on fire." Those words could also describe a team from Storrs.

Reaction Score
We were watching Louisville/Kentucky last night. Louisville was in control to start the 4th quarter. My wife went to bed and I took the dogs out, then I was putzing around. I went to shut the TV off and I saw the Miami coach being interviewed and she was happy. ????
I re-wound it and watched from 8:00 with L up by 16. Louisville stopped running offense and was just running clock. Give a lot of credit to Miami defense, but Engstler and Van Lith did nothing down the stretch. Miami cut it to 10 with a 3 just under 4 when Walz called time out. You could hear Walz loud and clear "what the hell are you doing" He didn't settle his team down, he didn't get them to run offense, he just added to their chaos. Poor coaching by a very good coach caused a big part of the 17-0 Miami run.
Great game for Destiny Harden. She won the game, then airplaned around the court, then down the tunnel and gone with the whole team behind her. Great scene. Watch it if you can.

Reaction Score
You forgot Iowa State's blowout loss to Baylor after this was released. :)

If we take care of business handily, I don't see how Bridgeport isn't NC State as #1 and UConn as #2. Geno needs to keep his foot on the gas pedal this weekend. I might not have to burn my tickets after all.

1646483504457.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom