LSU and Louisville Lose to Unranked Teams (merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

LSU and Louisville Lose to Unranked Teams (merged)

Reaction Score
What a day!

UConn obviously needs to take care of business this weekend, but things are setting up nicely for them to end up the #2 seed in Bridgeport when all is said and done as long as they win the BET.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nebraska takes down Michigan...

D O M I N O E S....... F A L L I N G...... all over WBB...

GO HUSKIES

Attachments

• 1646452469281.png
    1646452469281.png
    851.5 KB · Views: 80
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme is claiming that LSU & Louisville will not be affected by their early losses to unranked teams. Charlie is only concluding that the selection committee is already set on the top seedings & they will not budge from their stubborn, erratic decisions. He has been critical of their brackets, but his job is to project the committee bracketology.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Even with these loses, even if UConn wins out with big victories in the BE tournament, I think UConn still needs Iowa State to lose early in the BIG 12 tournament for a chance at a 2 seed. Just sayin'.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Not deleting my Bridgeport tickets. Sitting nice and safe in my Apple wallet.

These are really bad losses by the teams ahead of us. Michigan, Louisville, LSU. All losses to UNRANKED teams.

And it was only four or five days ago that Iowa State got blown out by 25. At home. And they do not pass the eye test, they are slow, can`t defend, unimpressive, and athletic teams blow right by them.

Let`s go out and crush everybody at Mohegan Sun and see what happens.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Isn't it more important for UCONN to be a #3 in Bridgeport than to be a #2 in another region?
Would be nice, although exactly how does that happen?

Jds

Reaction Score
Isn't it more important for UCONN to be a #3 in Bridgeport than to be a #2 in another region?
I think there’s a better chance of being in Bridgeport as a 2. If you apply the S curve to the NCAA top 16 we are the highest 3 seed. If the 2 seeds have bad losses then shouldn’t we move ahead of them. If we are first or second 2 seed the odds of being in Bridgeport are very good. Losing to unranked teams in your conference tournament is not good.

Reaction Score
Every team ranked ahead of us that loses to an unranked team in their conference tournament improves our chances of being a 2 seed if we win our tournament. I think it’s easier to put us in Bridgeport as a 2 seed.
If Baylor can lose to Texas Tech, and another unranked Big 12 team early in the conference tournament, and Iowa State do the same loss to unranked team in the conference tourney.....

Let the dominos outside the Big East keep falling!

Reaction Score
Does Baylor now overtake Louisville for the last 1 seed if they win the Big 12 tourney?
That should put Baylor in Wichita, and have NC State in Bridgeport. #2 for UCONN in Wichita might not be so bad, as it would put UCONN on the opposite side of the bracket from SC, if the dominos falling do not launch UCONN into the #1 "orbit" in Brideport.

I like UCONN's chances in the National finals versus SC ==> Geno goes to 12-0 in the finals!!!!

Reaction Score
This is why March Madness ( and Tourney time) are my FAVORITE Sporting Events.
Always a big scramble- both Women’s and Men’s.
You can keep the NBA.
Pure competition here
Last hurrah for many played that want to keep on playing.
Love it!!
UCONN has to stay on their toes.
Upsets in the air.

Reaction Score
At the end of the LSU/ Kentucky game, Carolyn Peck said Creme stated that LSU's loss would not affect their seeding.
He also said that Indiana should have been dropped farther (out of the top 16) in the last bracket. That teams like N. Carolina and Notre Dame had a better resume than they did. Evidently the Selection Committee noticed that Indiana played Iowa twice and Maryland in the last week and evidently took that into consideration. Today they beat Maryland. On the flip side, I don't know how they could watch LSU play and have them a No. 2 seed, or have watched Arizona play and have them in the top 16. But they did. Is it a fascination with certain coaches? We'll see.

Reaction Score
I see Baylor replacing Louisville as the final #1, and being in Wichita. With Michigan and LSU losing i see us moving up to a 2 seed--but maybe not far enough to escape Stanford/SC. If we win handily, a case can be made to move us in front of ISU, LSU and Michigan.--putting us in Bridgeport with NC state.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom