Looks like louisville going going... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Looks like louisville going going...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would rather play in a low level local non BCS football conference than an awkward abomination with schools from all over the country thrown together. Hell I'd rather be independent than that.

So it's ACC, B1G or bust as far as I'm concerned. The Big 12 is not merging with BE so we can forget that.

Reaction Score
It's all about markets. UConn and Rutgers or UConn and ND or UConn, Rutgers and ND solidify the northeast market for any conference that wants it. BC, Cuse and Pitt don't come close to solidfiying the Northeast. If the Big 10 decided on UConn, Rutgers and ND (assuming they would join), they would crush the ACC in that market. Who are people going to watch - Michigan @ UConn or Florida @ Cuse if they are on at the same time? Miami at Pitt @ Purdue @ ND? If the ACC locks up UConn and Rutgers, they eliminate the Big 10 from ever getting into that market. There are no other programs to choose from that do that for either conference. And while football drives the bus, every conference understands the financial significance of Duke @ UConn or Mich St @ UConn. While it doesn't make as much - awesome bball is still lucrative and makes a difference.
Jeff this all very confusing stuff you've written. "Miami at Pitt @ Purdue @ ND?" what does that mean? Is the ACC going to arrest UConn and Rutgers? I'm not sure what you're trying to say. I'm sorry.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Jeff this all very confusing stuff you've written. "Miami at Pitt @ Purdue @ ND?" what does that mean? Is the ACC going to arrest UConn and Rutgers? I'm not sure what you're trying to say. I'm sorry.
Sorry - should read: Miami @ Pitt or Purdue @ ND?

Of course the previous question should have explanified that for you. And I think 'locks up UConn and Rutgers' is pretty obvious to anyone with a GED.

Reaction Score
The only way to expand the football league quickly is to form an alliance with the Mountain West for football only. That way our basketball schools can't block the expansion. Do that and add Temple and one other school for all sports and Navy for football only. At that point it wouldn't matter if Louisville and West Virginia were picked off by another conference, the football league would be deep enough to survive.

The Mountain West would be agreeable to this as they are discussing an alliance with C USA.

I call this the survive and advance solution.

Reaction Score
Sorry - should read: Miami @ Pitt or Purdue @ ND?

Of course the previous question should have explanified that for you. And I think 'locks up UConn and Rutgers' is pretty obvious to anyone with a GED.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
the big east is going to do whatever it can to grow and survive. if that means L'ville and anyone else leaves, then they will leave. the conference will try to add other schools and maintain what it can. i think most of us hope that UCONN gets the hell out of Dodge sooner rather than later, but that won't happen unless someone else wants us. i hope there is no future where RU, WVU and L'ville leave the BE while UCONN is stuck left in the conference. that would seem to be worst case scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom