OT: - Looking for a new sectional couch | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Looking for a new sectional couch

Reaction Score
I work in the furniture industry, but I don't think it's the sectionals you're looking for. Very high end that I'm surprised people even buy

Reaction Score
You know the ones with the speakers, cup holders, coolers and USB plugs in them?

Don’t get one of those.
Also, keep small, incontinent dogs away from it. Lest you feel the wrath.

Reaction Score
I work in the furniture industry, but I don't think it's the sectionals you're looking for. Very high end that I'm surprised people even buy
You mean just go sofa and love seat?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Lol even if I did want one of those, I think the better half would have made it my permanent bed, so I’ll pass.
Friends of mine (Guy I went to high school with, actually) retired to Florida 8 or 9 years ago. When we visited there last, they had one of those. Two of the sections recline and vibrate, and there's a little baby refrigerator between those two sections. I'm not sure he ever gets his geometrically increasing mass off (or is it out) of it.

Reaction Score
Raymour & Flanigan if price isn't a concern. Will last for years and if you get protection plan it covers anything that happens (rips, stains, unnatural wear and tear) you can also call to have someone come out and professionally clean it as often as you like

Reaction Score
Fishy's kidding. Buy this:

View attachment 52965

You know that you want to.

Linky
Ours is similar, minus the 2 console sections, but do have a smaller console between the 2 recliners on that side. It's enough to hide all the individual device remotes. We use a single programmable remote for all the devices. The console on the other side is replaced by a non-reclining armless chair. Bought from Raymour and Flanigan a few years ago. I'm starting to wear down the foam in my chosen seat with the left arm, but it's still ok.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score

They have a full sectional, too. My wife has a history of purchasing furniture that looks as uncomfortable as it feels. This is the one thing she has selected that is comfortable. And it is crazy comfortable.
We have that exact couch in our family room! It's comfortable but deep, so I slouch diagonally across it!

Reaction Score
We have that exact couch in our family room! It's comfortable but deep, so I slouch diagonally across it!

totally. Not a great couch for sitting upright with company; rather a great lounging couch.

Reaction Score
How is furniture from Ashley furniture? Quality, price, warranty, etc? I am also looking for sectional, but live in Indiana.

Not sure of those pure online stores. Like to see pieces in person before buying.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
How is furniture from Ashley furniture? Quality, price, warranty, etc?

I bought this one from Ashley about a year ago, it’s held up really well and I like it a lot. Good value and it’s huge. I watch all the games on it and take lots of naps on it as well. Pretty reasonable price and they deliver for $100, no way I was lugging that thing up to a third floor apartment with no elevator...
I've been in the commercial furniture business for over 40 years and although different from household furniture I am sure the same important features apply.

I do not like Ashley, Bobs, Puritans (once were a good source no more). Also the interior construction should be hardwood with 8 way hand tired springs if possible. Cheap price usual means cheap product. Be careful of internet stuff unless you have seen the product in the flesh and know exactly what your getting.
I sold a too expensive leather couch when I realized it wasn't comfortable and bought a microfiber sectional a few years ago from Ashley instead. It's incredibly comfortable, really affordable, has held up great, and is pretty huge. Just measured it (yes I'm bored.) The couch end I almost always lay on watching games, movies, reading is 7 and a half feet, the middle couch is over 12 feet and the chaise end is 5 feet.
....while Ashley will end up in a landfill in 10.

Reaction Score
I'm pleased with our sectional from Jordan's. It's huge and comfortable with plenty of support. They have a wide range of fabrics and you can customize most configurations/arrangements but you'll have to wait to get it. We ordered a custom fabric and custom configuration and they told us it'd be 12 weeks; it wound up being 9. I assume the timeframe depends on how many other similar orders they get across the country.

The sales guy said as long as you don't have young kids treating it like a jungle gym you should get 12-15 years out of it. My wife spilled a full glass of red wine on it and the stain came right out with some Oxy Clean. They always have 0% APR for 5-7 years, granted most popular furniture stores do as well.

Reaction Score
Can confirm that the Crate n Barrel "Lounge II" is one of the best out there. Most comfortable couch I've ever sat on and looks very nice as well. Many different pieces to choose from to fit your room. We also have the matching ottoman so when you push it into the corner of the sectional is pretty much becomes a queen bed.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They always have 0% APR for 5-7 years, granted most popular furniture stores do as well.
And they'll always give you a much better price if you pay now instead. Rest assured, that "0%" comes at a price.

Reaction Score
And they'll always give you a much better price if you pay now instead. Rest assured, that "0%" comes at a price.

Interesting. I asked our sales rep if they'd give us a discount if we paid upfront and he said no, it's the same price. Either he was lying to us to get us to finance it or he was an idiot.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Interesting. I asked our sales rep if they'd give us a discount if we paid upfront and he said no, it's the same price. Either he was lying to us to get us to finance it or he was an idiot.
Well guess I shouldn't have said "always." I just assumed that was always the case based on my one experience at Raymour & Flanagan around 20 years ago. They had the same 0% for 5-7 years deal then and when I asked our salesman about it he said it was basically a sucker deal and that he would give us a better price if we paid then instead of financing. We spent a couple hours with guy, picking out fabrics and styles, and he did give us a pretty nice price, but then we decided to go with a set we saw at Saybrook Country Barn (now Saybrook Home) that we liked better and was only a little more expensive. That set has held up pretty well but it's now in a room that is not used as much.

When we put on an addition we decided to get a sleeper sofa that was genuinely comfortable and we went with a great set from American Leather, which we purchased at Fairhaven Furniture in New Haven. It wasn't cheap, but the quality is excellent and both the manufacturer and the store have stood behind the products with very impressive in-home customer service (once for a mechanical/fabric issue and once to replace a part on my recliner).

Reaction Score
Can confirm that the Crate n Barrel "Lounge II" is one of the best out there. Most comfortable couch I've ever sat on and looks very nice as well. Many different pieces to choose from to fit your room. We also have the matching ottoman so when you push it into the corner of the sectional is pretty much becomes a queen bed.

Nothing I've ever sat on is as comfortable as the cloud line from restoration hardware. It's insanely comfortable its mystifying

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom