OT: - Looking for a new sectional couch | The Boneyard

OT: Looking for a new sectional couch

Reaction Score
Anyone have any recommendations? I’ll consider a wide range of prices so don’t hold back

Reaction Score
Anyone have any recommendations? I’ll consider a wide range of prices so don’t hold back
I bought this one from Ashley about a year ago, it’s held up really well and I like it a lot. Good value and it’s huge. I watch all the games on it and take lots of naps on it as well. Pretty reasonable price and they deliver for $100, no way I was lugging that thing up to a third floor apartment with no elevator...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Fishy's kidding. Buy this:

1586640672318.png

You know that you want to.

Linky

Reaction Score
I've been in the commercial furniture business for over 40 years and although different from household furniture I am sure the same important features apply. First off big box stores offer very limited selections and fabric finish options. If your looking for a certain color or material then you need a quality store which offers options in materials. Cheshire furniture Barn used to be a good source but went down. I believe Saybrook furniture offers both manufacturer options and the multiple sources of fabric. I would suggest a supplier that has a showroom with different mfg selections and fabric options. I do not like Ashley, Bobs, Puritans (once were a good source no more). Also the interior construction should be hardwood with 8 way hand tired springs if possible. Cheap price usual means cheap product. Be careful of internet stuff unless you have seen the product in the flesh and know exactly what your getting.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
+1 on love sac. There’s a store in Westport that may reopen one day
Also if you are a teacher or medical professional there’s an extra 10% off

Reaction Score

They have a full sectional, too. My wife has a history of purchasing furniture that looks as uncomfortable as it feels. This is the one thing she has selected that is comfortable. And it is crazy comfortable.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I am a Room and Board fan. Well made...nice style.

Reaction Score
I sold a too expensive leather couch when I realized it wasn't comfortable and bought a microfiber sectional a few years ago from Ashley instead. It's incredibly comfortable, really affordable, has held up great, and is pretty huge. Just measured it (yes I'm bored.) The couch end I almost always lay on watching games, movies, reading is 7 and a half feet, the middle couch is over 12 feet and the chaise end is 5 feet.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
I collect vintage furniture (mainly MCM) and have quite a few couches and sectionals. I would approach the furniture game as an investment and buy something with a collector base. Vladimir Kagan/Directional is hot right now, as is Milo Baughman/Thayer Coggin. Though any design/art goes through periods of ups and downs, you should always be able to get your money back (and more) if you are wise. The other benefit is that this furniture is typically regarded as high quality and truly built to last....while Ashley will end up in a landfill in 10.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I sold a too expensive leather couch when I realized it wasn't comfortable and bought a microfiber sectional a few years ago from Ashley instead. It's incredibly comfortable, really affordable, has held up great, and is pretty huge. Just measured it (yes I'm bored.) The couch end I almost always lay on watching games, movies, reading is 7 and a half feet, the middle couch is over 12 feet and the chaise end is 5 feet.
I collect vintage furniture (mainly MCM) and have quite a few couches and sectionals. I would approach the furniture game as an investment and buy something with a collector base. Vladimir Kagan/Directional is hot right now, as is Milo Baughman/Thayer Coggin. Though any design/art goes through periods of ups and downs, you should always be able to get your money back (and more) if you are wise. The other benefit is that this furniture is typically regarded as high quality and truly built to last....while Ashley will end up in a landfill in 10.
Peak Boneyard

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Consider cushion slippage. My favorite spot on our sectional has a severe case. Id give up on flipping cushions for velcro to prevent the creep.

Totally OT - 2001 - moving into hunting lodge we hit a tag sale on the way and bought a 12 piece sectional. It was filthy but fit the space perfect and could seat 10 and sleep 3. I miss that couch. I loved the lodge.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing he isn't trying to buy a couch as a future investment but people don't really know where to park their money right now. A really comfortable couch he can watch games from and looks pretty good is probably more up his alley than some minimalist Danish modern sofa.

Reaction Score
You know the ones with the speakers, cup holders, coolers and USB plugs in them?

Don’t get one of those.
Lol even if I did want one of those, I think the better half would have made it my permanent bed, so I’ll pass.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing he isn't trying to buy a couch as a future investment but people don't really know where to park their money right now. A really comfortable couch he can watch games from and looks pretty good is probably more up his alley than some minimalist Danish modern sofa.
Since my 401K is tanking, you just gave me a great idea. I’m gonna dump my $$ in couches. Sounds like a wise investment, but do I need to cover it in plastic like my late Italian grandma, can I even sit on it or do I need to just keep it in temperature and humidity controlled storage?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom