LOL | Page 2 | The Boneyard

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
They snuffed the program out when they moved to the Big EAst. The only open question is when they will admit it. Combine this with the other thread that folks here are surprised there aren't more scheduling announcements since the move.

Program was dead man walking after the ACC took Louisville. The AAC was never going to work long term in my opinion.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why don't they try this one on for size:

1. Charge less for the season tickets.
2. Don't give away tickets for free, weeks after other people have paid for option #1.
Agree with #1, #2 is just a fact of life. Should offer the STHs first though.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Agree with #1, #2 is just a fact of life. Should offer the STHs first though.

lol #2 is reality if you are run by incompetent losers

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
lol #2 is reality if you are run by incompetent losers
I guess 90% of college sports programs (and likely 100%) are run by incompetent losers because freebies to corporate sponsors are kind of a thing, but you already knew that right?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I guess 90% of college sports programs (and likely 100%) are run by incompetent losers because freebies to corporate sponsors are kind of a thing, but you already knew that right?

lol you dont even get what this is.

id suggest you should stop embarrassing yourself but clearly based on your posts that isn’t an emotion you can feel.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I see your point, but I'd much rather have a full(er) stadium than continue to play in an empty one. They just need to make things right for the STHs. How they do that, I don't know.
If that's the case, put asses in the seats, I am content keeping my money in my wallet and they can send me 6 season tix for free.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This is pretty much .

I absolutely agree with doing what you can to get butts into seats, because playing at a funeral home sucks for fans and players alike.

But my God, at least charge $5! If people are going to go, the $5 is no different than being free. And at least it is money. It's still insulting, but it's not "ha ha ha ha ha" insulting like the free tickets thing is. Unreal...

Reaction Score
we dropped ours after last season season, really nice seats too - felt guilty about doing so, but with moves like today's, let's just say I don't feel quite as guilty now. They've been taking STHs for granted in all sports for years.
We got rid of our great seats in 241 2 season ago. Now in the cheapest seats. But after doing stuff like this, there is no value in being a season ticket holder at the lowest level. They do nothing for us. No special events, no special offers. Nothing. All they do is give our seats that we pay decent money for away.

Plus with the cost of basketball seat donations, I'd rather spend my money there.

Reaction Score
We got rid of our great seats in 241 2 season ago. Now in the cheapest seats. But after doing stuff like this, there is no value in being a season ticket holder at the lowest level. They do nothing for us. No special events, no special offers. Nothing. All they do is give our seats that we pay decent money for away.

Plus with the cost of basketball seat donations, I'd rather spend my money there.
don't get me started. They've on the bb season ticket holders for years too.

Reaction Score
If they were honest, they would treat games like some museums, ask for a "suggested donation" of $10 for kids and $15-20 for adults and have it be general admission. Better than giving away up to 8 free lower level tickets per person for the biggest game on the schedule.

Only sell the seatbacks as season tickets/assigned seating.

Reaction Score
They officially gave up on ever selling another ticket.

They might be snuffing the program out folks.

I hate to say that you're right, as I enjoy following the team, however you're probably right. Just another sign post denoting a failing system. As soon as it was announced that the school was going back to the Big East I cringed, even though I understood there was some merit to doing it. However as soon as it was announced that the team would be playing an independent schedule the program officially went on life support IMO. I can see the AD using scheduling difficulties and nebulous "increased costs" as the cover to eventually kill it.

Very sad IMO as the program accomplished some really nice things in a short period of time. Unfortunately history will probably note that UConn was 20 years too late to the party to really establish the program as a fixture at The FBS Level. Pride may keep the program going for a few years, before it potentially transitions back to the FCS Level. I suppose if it goes to the 65+/- Scholarships allotted at The FCS Level Suzie Lax can finally get to see the dream of scholarship Men's Lacrosse at UConn come to fruition. Go Huskies?

Reaction Score
moving forward, why would anyone decide that purchasing season tickets is a good idea when the marquee game on the schedule is a freebie?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
moving forward, why would anyone decide that purchasing season tickets is a good idea when the marquee game on the schedule is a freebie?

And when they shutter it "the demand for season tickets wasn't there".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom