LOL Pats Fans - it never ends | Page 7 | The Boneyard

LOL Pats Fans - it never ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
They are incapable of objective thought on the subject of Boston sports.
BTW, I am not a Giants, Knicks, Rangers fan or any other NY team other than the Yanks.
No Homerism here. But I do enjoy watching Boston fans twist in circles trying to rearrange reality to defend their skewed view of Boston sports. Maybe I enjoy it too much
I love the city of Boston, kinda like the Bruins, used to like the Pats, greatly respect the Celts and rooted for them when Ray was there. I usually like a good hunk of the Sox team, Not a hater of the players

Reaction Score
It's f$#3ing 1966, Its funny how you will want all those Celtic championships to count before that year.

Yeah, it's funny how half of the Celtics titles came pre-1966, when there were 9 teams overall in the league.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it's funny how half of the Celtics titles came pre-1966, when there were 9 teams overall in the league.

Guess we should call those all Helm's Trophies too.;)

Reaction Score
You know what they say once a cheater always a cheater. Brady should be suspended for several games for lying and saying he had no clue when clearly he did and breaking the rule in the first place trying to get an unfair advantage.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Where in that post did i mention anything about ARod, Manny or Ortiz? My argument from the beginning is that Boston and NY fans both think they're sh#t don't stink. I root for 2 NY teams and 2 Boston teams so i get a kick out of each side throwing stones.

By my count you brought up A-Rod 6 times in word and/or pictures. Of course you didn't bring up Manny or Ortiz, Sox fans never do when they bash A-Rod's PED use. That IS the bias. (Also the hypocrisy of Boston going after A-Rod for more money, then holding him up as a symbol of Yankee largesse.

Yes you did bring up that both sets of fans are the same while you went after A-Rod. But it is not true. Yankee fans can be obnoxious, but we never feel like victims. On the whole, while Yankee fans have a strong desire to beat the Sox, we are not obsessed with the Sox the way Sox fans are with the Yankees. And unlike CL82, there are no NY fans I know of that think all our teams are in the GOAT discussion.

Reaction Score
How many years has this been going on? I don't think Bradshaw and Montana cheated so even though the title stays, his and the teams legacy always is stained. And when the comparisons begin it will be like Bonds and Ruth. They have 2 not 1 cheating incident on their card. No coincedences.

Reaction Score
Not a single Giants fan thinks this and Every NE fan does? LOL
No elitism from Ranger fans? As an Islander fan....SUPER LOL and we have as many Cups!
You haven't watched this season huh? Or in the '09 postseason? Give me a break

Ask a Boston fan what he thinks of a NY fan and he describes exactly how you would describe a Boston fan. It's comical.

Red Sox and Pats fans are double what you think Yanks and Giants fans are since 2004, I mean you have a fn NATION now! That's comical......

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
You know what they say once a cheater always a cheater. Brady should be suspended for several games for lying and saying he had no clue when clearly he did and breaking the rule in the first place trying to get an unfair advantage.

Brady should be suspended because somebody THINKS he lied and cheated?

not one shred of substantive evidence, not one statement, not one video, not one smoking gun, just a ten second sound bite the haters swallow whole without reflex

Reaction Score

not one shred of substantive evidence, not one statement, not one video, not one smoking gun, just a ten second sound bite the haters swallow whole without reflex

Nothing on Papi either! LOL

Reaction Score

The circumstantial evidence is very clear. Are you waiting for Brady to admit he cheated? That likely won't happen, but this will follow his legacy.

Reaction Score
So what where the employees talking about then?

Have you thought it possible that they are deflating balls prior to the game so that they are right at the lowest acceptable level?

Reaction Score
How many years has this been going on? I don't think Bradshaw and Montana cheated so even though the title stays, his and the teams legacy always is stained. And when the comparisons begin it will be like Bonds and Ruth. They have 2 not 1 cheating incident on their card. No coincedences.
Lol at including Bradshaw in the discussion for GOAT.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
CL82, you basically said Boston had a claim to greatest of all-time in every sport and now you are just deflecting. You said a stupid thing and people have proven that Boston has a claim in basketball and have nothing close to a claim in the other three sports. You said a dumb thing and are just digging a bigger hole, let it go.
Reread the thread, John and quote where "I basically said Boston had a claim to greatest of all-time in every sport." This thread predictably devolved into an I hate all Boston sport fan hate-fest. Someone else said all Boston fans believe that all Boston pro-teams are the GOAT in their respective sports. My reply was that they are in the conversation and that there are a whole lot of championships for Boston sports teams. There are. I said that given those championships Boston is in the discussion for greatest sport city of all time. It's definitely in the conversation. Do you disagree with that?

I love the "I hate everything Boston" crowd. They are pretty easy to bait. You guys should give props where they are due and move on.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I guess Joe Montana's legacy is stained. Jerry Rice has admitted to using an illegal (stickum) substance to help him catch balls.
No, that stains Jerry Rice.

Reaction Score
1) The "more likely than not" / "more probable than not" is the standard used in the league rule that was violated (it's also called "preponderance of the evidence" or the legal standard used in civil cases). It's explained extremely clearly in the first footnote and the first page after the introduction. It's not used because the Paul Weiss lawyers "weren't sure" if there was wrongdoing. They found that there was wrongdoing based on the standard that the rule used.

2) The report found that the Patriots DID NOT fully cooperate in the investigation, which is also a rule violation. Brady refused to turn over his texts and emails (and it could not have been for personal reasons because Paul Weiss said his lawyers only needed to turn over information related to the lawsuit). And the Pats didn't let the lawyers interview McNally a second time per request. Either of these may have lead to even more damaging information. So the report didn't exonerate the Pats at all.

Did the underinflated balls matter? Almost certainly not. They were the better team throughout the postseason, and their win in the Super Bowl was deserved. But would it kill Boston sports fans to admit that maybe their team did something they shouldn't have done? I know A-Rod cheated, and I still like A-Rod (particularly because of how much he pisses off the loathsome Yankee front office). Ultra-competitive people sometimes will look for that extra edge. It's pretty clear that the Brady did that here, despite the fact that he didn't need to. Give him his slap on the wrist, and let's all move on. By going through this ridiculous charade, Patriots supporters are only prolonging this nonsense.

Reaction Score
Even if a Patriots fan says what you want them to say, others will continue to not say that, and those prolonging this (non-OT?) thread will just pretend that the fans are of one opinion.

Reaction Score

Ever held a job before?

If I think an employee is stealing and there are texts to suggest that is certainly the case, I am firing him tomorrow.

This is not a court of law.

Reaction Score
The equipment manager was nicknamed "The Deflator" and was rewarded by Brady (directly) with autographed footballs and a game worn jersey.

At his presser in January, he said "I have no knowledge of wrongdoing" and "I don't know what happened over the course of the process with the footballs. I was preparing for my own job, doing what I needed to do".

Spin it however you'd like to spin it. Spin it just like you did with Papi and Manny. It's okay. We're used to that.

August_West

Reaction Score
1) But would it kill Boston sports fans to admit that maybe their team did something they shouldn't have done?

As evidenced by this thread I believe the answer is................ Yes, yes it would kill them.

August_West

Reaction Score
The equipment manager was nicknamed "The Deflator" and was rewarded by Brady (directly) with autographed footballs and a game worn jersey.

At his presser in January, he said "I have no knowledge of wrongdoing" and "I don't know what happened over the course of the process with the footballs. I was preparing for my own job, doing what I needed to do".

Spin it however you'd like to spin it. Spin it just like you did with Papi and Manny. It's okay. We're used to that.

You're just a jealous hater. :eek:

Reaction Score
McNally was interviewed 4 times. The Pats wouldn't let him be interviewed a 5th. Weiss only stated the Pats wouldn't agree to a f/u interview. He forgot to mentioned he already interview McNally 4 times!!!

Reaction Score
Reread the thread, John and quote where "I basically said Boston had a claim to greatest of all-time in every sport." This thread predictably devolved into an I hate all Boston sport fan hate-fest. Someone else said all Boston fans believe that all Boston pro-teams are the GOAT in their respective sports. My reply was that they are in the conversation and that there are a whole lot of championships for Boston sports teams. There are. I said that given those championships Boston is in the discussion for greatest sport city of all time. It's definitely in the conversation. Do you disagree with that?

I love the "I hate everything Boston" crowd. They are pretty easy to bait. You guys should give props where they are due and move on.
You answered your own question. You think all the Boston teams are in the conversation for greatest of all-time. It's been pointed out to you many times how incredibly stupid this is. The Celtics are the only team that has a legitimate claim to greatest of all-time in their sport, the other Boston teams can't even come close to being in the conversation. You seem to not understand what you said.

Reaction Score
Lol at including Bradshaw in the discussion for GOAT.
4 super bowl win QB's. It's kinda the way people don't count all of AROD's or Bond's homers. Brady in the same boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom