OT: - LiAngelo Ball, two other UCLA players arrested in China for shoplifting | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: LiAngelo Ball, two other UCLA players arrested in China for shoplifting

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
The NCAA could learn a thing or two from the Chinese. Too bad this wasn't the UNC team. Of course I'm sure the UNC players have a better understanding of foreign countries with the new and improved African Studies courses they are taking.

Can't believe someone wrote this incident is an embarrassment to Trump!

Loved the interchange between @whaler11 and @Hans Sprungfeld. Whale's position: idiot adults should know foreign countries are tough on crime, players are idiots with no understanding of things and will do something criminal so therefore these games should never be scheduled. Hans calls him out and whaler is shocked someone would do that. I guess The Boneyard falls under the category alien world.

@boba is correct about "stupid not having an age limit with The Boneyard proving it". At the top of my bucket list is living to 100 and making a death bed post in this forum. I promise you it will be a doozy.

Never been to China. And yet @WestCoastHusky, I knew pretty much everything you wrote. I must be pretty psychic.

But not as psychic as @whaler11 or @Da_Aisijimo_Gou who prior to Jalen's incident kind of had psychic hits. Whale as I indicated above and Da with this paragraph:

"As I suggested above, UCLA's 3 fools may benefit from President Trump's visit and shared desire by Chinese authorities to conveniently make the issue (them) go away. Not that I'm a gambler, but I'd put some of whaler's money on Beijing pressuring local Hangzhou law enforcement to continue holding the 3 Stooges for a few days in their lakeside hotel. Or, they may be quietly scooted over to UCLA's Shanghai hotel."

Too bad UConn's idiots didn't scoot quietly.

USER=1556]@boba[/USER] is correct about "stupid not having an age limit with The Boneyard proving it". At the top of my bucket list is living to 100 and making a death bed post in this forum. I promise you it will be a doozy.

LOL

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
FWIW @Hans Sprungfeld didn’t really call me out. He made passive aggressive comments that would lead one to believe he disagreed but never actually challenged what I actually posted.

He was much more interested in lecturing about how the tone of posts can create positive change in the world.

Had he called out the opinion rather than discussing grammar and misunderstanding the definition of the word ‘merely’ it would have made a lot more sense.

Sure they ended up leaving 3 players behind with legal issues in China for the sake of playing a game in front of less than 4k people. What a huge success - let the towel snapping begin at UCLA! Bonuses for the athletic department! What a great idea and flawless execution!

Maybe next year they can take the football team to North Korea. What could go wrong?
"Ahh, where to start?"
"Don't"

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
"Ahh, where to start?"
"Don't"

Blah blah blah adults blah blah blah opportunity blah blah blah responsibility.

Save it for people who haven’t been close to major college basketball and football programs in other parts of the country.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprisef if Trump told the chinese officials to throw the book at them. He like to take a hard stance against law breakers.

Reaction Score
Shoplifting as a college student is stupid.
Shoplifting when you are 6'4" is really stupid.
Shoplifting when you are 6'4" and physically stand out is every possible way is beyond stupid
Shoplifting when you are 6'4", stand out in every physical way possible, and have media coverage........too stupid to be free.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Blah blah blah adults blah blah blah opportunity blah blah blah responsibility.

Save it for people who haven’t been close to major college basketball and football programs in other parts of the country.
?

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprisef if Trump told the chinese officials to throw the book at them. He like to take a hard stance against law breakers.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Directly contrary to Chinese juvenile criminal law, wonder how much Hangzhou police initially illegally jailing the 17 year old Hill helped all 3 Stooges eventually get off? Regardless, the jack arses are extremely lucky.

Now, about financially significant benefits received in direct contrast to NCAA regs? High end Hyatt room & board, pricy bilingual legal counsel, last minute PVG-LAX return flight, etc. Given the 3 fools had to endure a &#₩@£*? China Eastern flight, meals, passengers, etc., maybe the lucky barstads get some benefit of the doubt.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I wonder if Trump had to agree to pay them an extra percentage point of interest on our debt to China to get them outta there? :rolleyes:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Trump sold China rights to mine shale anywhere in western Wyoming. Unreal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom