Lady Vols fall again to Alabama | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lady Vols fall again to Alabama

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Losing Green should not have affected them this much. She should not be the reason that they're down 20 to Alabama in the 4th quarter. Mentally, they've got issues.

Now losing Jordan? That's a different story. That will be a hard loss to overcome: leading scorer, rebounder, assists. I think they'll have moments against the right teams, but this will be a looooooong end to the season for us LV fans unfortunately...
The "flow" of the game goes through certain players. The flow gets disrupted during the game when substitutions are made but the flow resets after those core players come back on the floor. This is a disruption (Green's loss) for the whole game....and beyond. You seem to discount the "flow" vs the scoring or rebounding of an individual player.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
Horston out for the rest of the season with a fractured arm.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So sorry to hear this for her. She'd been having a great season. She's barely begun to realize her potential, and her future is bright. Get well soon Jordan.

Reaction Score
That makes me sad, hate to see anyone get hurt. Very good player and was fun to watch. Heal quickly Jordan

Reaction Score
Not that it really matters..but I didn’t see the game…did the injury occur early in the game?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not that it really matters..but I didn’t see the game…did the injury occur early in the game?
No. It was with less than 2 minutes to play. Tennessee was down by 12 at the time.

Reaction Score
The "flow" of the game goes through certain players. The flow gets disrupted during the game when substitutions are made but the flow resets after those core players come back on the floor. This is a disruption (Green's loss) for the whole game....and beyond. You seem to discount the "flow" vs the scoring or rebounding of an individual player.
I've said in previous posts that losing Keyen hurts them because Tamari doesn't have a dependable backup, and it's impacting her defensive intensity for what appears to be fear of fouling. Green was always good for a few points and rebounds while Tamari was on the bench.

Having said that, if losing Keyen is that catastrophic to Tennessee that they can't recover without her, then they were walking on ice the whole season. Are Striplin and Saunders really THAT bad that they couldn't come in and provide 5 min/half for Tamari?

Reaction Score
At the end, when Tennessee was trying to climb out of a big hole. The worst part is that the game was pretty much over. If Tennessee had showed up for the first 35 min, then heroics wouldn't have been needed to try to give them a chance at the W.

Reaction Score
If the flow rests on a certain player, then they shouldn't be a bench player. If it does, then IMO that's a strange coaching strategy.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
If the flow rests on a certain player, then they shouldn't be a bench player. If it does, then IMO that's a strange coaching strategy.
It's the reality of the game. The flow of the game goes through the players who control that part of the game. Some players just play better off the bench but are not a part of the starting 5 because they are not someone who can control the flow. They are just a sparkplug in the moment and those are important players also. If you remove one of those players the flow changes. If it's just a sub...it comes back as soon as the sub leaves.....if it's for the game no matter which one of those players it is....it changes the team. I don't know why that is so hard to understand.

Reaction Score
It's the reality of the game. The flow of the game goes through the players who control that part of the game. Some players just play better off the bench but are not a part of the starting 5 because they are not someone who can control the flow. They are just a sparkplug in the moment and those are important players also. If you remove one of those players the flow changes. If it's just a sub...it comes back as soon as the sub leaves.....if it's for the game no matter which one of those players it is....it changes the team. I don't know why that is so hard to understand.
YOU SAID...the flow gets reset once the core players reenter the game and that the flow is disrupted by substitutions. Not disputing that certain players off the bench can bring different assets. But every team has some form of offensive and or defensive identity and all I'm saying is if someone is part of that core...more than likely they would be a starter. Maybe I don't understand what you're saying, but I can read what you wrote.

The loss of a player can certainly impact a team on either or both ends of the floor. And there are different ways to measure that loss because...they aren't all equal. I have the utmost respect for these kids, but let's be honest it's hard for most people to believe that her absence would just cause a downward spiral in any top 25 team...and beyond. If you could win without Suarez or Burrell, then why would anyone remotely accept that Green's loss was so critical? In the event that she was as critical as being asserted, then I apologize. I honestly thought that her role was to go in for Key who couldn't stay out of foul trouble.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
YOU SAID...the flow gets reset once the core players reenter the game and that the flow is disrupted by substitutions. Not disputing that certain players off the bench can bring different assets. But every team has some form of offensive and or defensive identity and all I'm saying is if someone is part of that core...more than likely they would be a starter. Maybe I don't understand what you're saying, but I can read what you wrote.

The loss of a player can certainly impact a team on either or both ends of the floor. And there are different ways to measure that loss because...they aren't all equal. I have the utmost respect for these kids, but let's be honest it's hard for most people to believe that her absence would just cause a downward spiral in any top 25 team...and beyond. If you could win without Suarez or Burrell, then why would anyone remotely accept that Green's loss was so critical? In the event that she was as critical as being asserted, then I apologize. I honestly thought that her role was to go in for Key who couldn't stay out of foul trouble.
It's the overall effect of losing different players at different times. It's not just losing one player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom