Lady Vols fall again to Alabama | The Boneyard

Lady Vols fall again to Alabama

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Lady Vols lost again to a Bama team that did enough to hang on for a W. And Jordan Horston was injured to make the loss more painful. Not sure what Bama has over Tennessee, but they have a streak going for sure. Hope Ms Horston is not badly injured, but it did not look good.

Reaction Score
Bama is coming along. I thought shea/ Vanderbilt would have beat bama last weekend. Candy had a chance to win in regulation but lost on ot. Very hard for candy to finish at .500 now

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
1645208119531.gif

Reaction Score
well the good news is that at least for one day, they did not have to have the what if we hired Kara Lawson hire, as she lost to 0-14 Uva conference play. Sorry my friend triad :(

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
They got hit hard with the injury bug......this is not the same team that it was a month ago.

Reaction Score
They got hit hard with the injury bug......this is not the same team that it was a month ago.
Losing Green should not have affected them this much. She should not be the reason that they're down 20 to Alabama in the 4th quarter. Mentally, they've got issues.

Now losing Jordan? That's a different story. That will be a hard loss to overcome: leading scorer, rebounder, assists. I think they'll have moments against the right teams, but this will be a looooooong end to the season for us LV fans unfortunately...

Reaction Score
If it wasn't apparent a while back it should be now: the Vols are substantially over rated.
The rating apparently is for individual players, not the record. Never the less, I still like Evina, she is OUR Volunteer!!

Reaction Score
Losing Green should not have affected them this much. She should not be the reason that they're down 20 to Alabama in the 4th quarter. Mentally, they've got issues.

Now losing Jordan? That's a different story. That will be a hard loss to overcome: leading scorer, rebounder, assists. I think they'll have moments against the right teams, but this will be a looooooong end to the season for us LV fans unfortunately...
The Bold letters above: When you say that, is that a player issue or Coaching problem?

Reaction Score
well the good news is that at least for one day, they did not have to have the what if we hired Kara Lawson hire, as she lost to 0-14 Uva conference play. Sorry my friend triad :(
Just shows what former Huskie can do for a team, MER!!!

Reaction Score
Oh my!

Perhaps I should be more mature but I am losing my battle with a huge SMILE.

Reaction Score
Certainly a possibility, I like your video. One of things I liked about Harry Truman --"the buck stops here". To me, the coach is responsible for (among the thing she can control) what the players do. Including mental state. Doesn't mean she can control it, but she must work on it.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Last night's loss was not good. However if Horston is lost for the rest of the season that is brutal. She is their main cog. Not sure they can recover and reset in a short period of time.

Reaction Score
Certainly a possibility, I like your video. One of things I liked about Harry Truman --"the buck stops here". To me, the coach is responsible for (among the thing she can control) what the players do. Including mental state. Doesn't mean she can control it, but she must work on it.
I don't know what to make of Tennessee right now. For most of the year they did really well but this back end of the season reminds me of Holly Warlick, losing to some really bad teams, and losing games in pretty large margins as well. Losing Horston unfortunately would be a giant blow and impact their outlook for post season.

Reaction Score
I don't know what to make of Tennessee right now. For most of the year they did really well but this back end of the season reminds me of Holly Warlick, losing to some really bad teams, and losing games in pretty large margins as well. Losing Horston unfortunately would be a giant blow and impact their outlook for post season.

I feel like this is who they are. They had a bunch of close wins that have now turned into really bad ones.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

Was it her wrist or arm? Any update on the severity and how long she might be out?

Reaction Score
Bama is coming along. I thought shea/ Vanderbilt would have beat bama last weekend. Candy had a chance to win in regulation but lost on ot. Very hard for candy to finish at .500 now
I like candy

Reaction Score
I feel like this is who they are. They had a bunch of close wins that have now turned into really bad ones.
I agree. Seems to me that they had numerous games earlier this season where the fell behind to pretty poor teams. In those games they recovered to win. Not recently though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom