Kristy Wallace Injury | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kristy Wallace Injury

Reaction Score
Nope. The foot if anything was too firmly planted and her knee was quite flexed and her upper leg rotated inward. It didn't look all that severe, but you never know with these things. Kim is one of the worst (or best depending on your view) on revealing injuries, but maybe we'll know tomorrow.
I think that you and bags27 are talking about different legs. It appears to me that Wallace's left foot skidded along the court as if she had hit a wet spot. Her right knee then hyperflexed and her upper leg rotated, just as you described. What I find most bizarre about the injury is that the right foot did not appear to make injury with the ground. Perhaps the damage was done on the preceding step.

All of that to the side, I truly feel for Wallace.

Reaction Score
Prior to being apprised of this horrible news, I was convinced that Baylor posed, by far, the biggest potential obstacle to UConn's NC chances this year. And, I was truly looking forward to the prospect of these two teams meeting in the final game, with both at their best. Wallace is just a great kid, and the balance her contributions provided and added to Baylor's formidable inside game made them a very tough matchup problem for the Huskies. This just stinks...part of the game, sure, but awful!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
That's a tough injury for Baylor. Best wishes for her long term recovery. They are deep but she came up huge this year. Big loss.

Reaction Score
a bit off topic but from what I have read it seems the two freshmen guards Morris and Richards were held out of last night's game for disciplinary reasons..................................sounds familiar.............

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm glad to see all the posts comparing Kristy to Kia. She plays hard every single play, sprints up the floor has an almost otherworldly toughness (for sure a quality in other Aussies), she stretches defenses, plays great D herself. . . I just love watching her play.

I really hope she's okay. Didn't look like an ACL to me, but one really can't conclude anything from the video. Whatever it was obviously hurt like hell, 'cause that Aussie doesn't scream like that because something was tweaked. It's really impressive that she hopped off the court.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
always viewed Wallace as a player Geno would love to coach.....as someone said earlier she is Baylor's Kia Nurse and if she is unable to play again this season that is a very sad thing indeed
Et tu Brute’? “as someone said earlier”, ouch...so much for me thinking I was memorable and being friends, thanks Chuck.:(

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is not going to open the middle of their offense or help them in any way. Kristy cannot be replaced.
I’m very excited to see how Morris and Landrum do with this opportunity. Give credit to Mulkey for the amount of talent she has stockpiled at pg.

Reaction Score
Maybe, just maybe, she'll be back before the NCAA Tournament starts. cbraarj, I don't think Baylor's other guards will be any more effective than Wallace was. SC's style of play changed after Coates was injured and that actually helped, along with UCONN getting upset. I don't believe Wallace's injury will change Baylor's style of play and make them better.
You never know is what I been trying to imply. None of us know what will happen. I said SC play changed for the better after the injury. Actually I said 3 years ago that Coates hurt SC more than helped offensively! Maybe Morris doesnt look over her shoulder to see if she is being subbed for and gives Baylor a solid replacement. Nobody knows until Baylor plays the games.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Et tu Brute’? “as someone said earlier”, ouch...so much for me thinking I was memorable and being friends, thanks Chuck.:(
Lack of attribution is close to plagiarism. It is a slippery slope on which to navigate. And it hurts people's feelings! :rolleyes:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
You never know is what I been trying to imply. None of us know what will happen. I said SC play changed for the better after the injury. Actually I said 3 years ago that Coates hurt SC more than helped offensively! Maybe Morris doesnt look over her shoulder to see if she is being subbed for and gives Baylor a solid replacement. Nobody knows until Baylor plays the games.
When life gives you lemons...

Reaction Score

sorry no insult intended.......... just too lazy to scroll back and reread who wrote what

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
a bit off topic but from what I have read it seems the two freshmen guards Morris and Richards were held out of last night's game for disciplinary reasons.........sounds familiar...

I mentioned it in the game thread.

Kinda ironic from Kim given this shot she took at Texas and, presumably, Rellah Booth after the Feb 19 Texas game:

"These kids don't come to Baylor to win games, they come to win championships. They don't run their mouths about how many championships they're going to win, they just go out and play hard. The most enjoyable part of all is that these kids like each other, they have great team chemistry. I don't have to suspend or bench them."

Well, I guess you do. Typical Mulkey.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Terrible! Hate seeing this kind of news. She is such an important player for Baylor. Best of luck on her recovery

Reaction Score
I mentioned it in the game thread.

Kinda ironic from Kim given this shot she took at Texas and, presumably, Rellah Booth after the Feb 19 Texas game:

"These kids don't come to Baylor to win games, they come to win championships. They don't run their mouths about how many championships they're going to win, they just go out and play hard. The most enjoyable part of all is that these kids like each other, they have great team chemistry. I don't have to suspend or bench them."

Well, I guess you do. Typical Mulkey.

She has had a lot of discipline problems in the past with certain players. Even Princess Odyssey sat out a a few quarters and I believe a game or two for discipline problems. Last year Alyssa Dry got in trouble a lot. Also, if listened to the post game she says that she sat the Freshman for a reason that most Coaches wouldn't. She said she wanted to prove a point. Probably like Geno does to his. They are both old school and know if you don't get the respect early you wont have it.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She has had a lot of discipline problems in the past with certain players. Even Princess Odyssey sat out a a few quarters and I believe a game or two for discipline problems. Last year Alyssa Dry got in trouble a lot. Also, if listened to the post game she says that she sat the Freshman for a reason that most Coaches wouldn't. She said she wanted to prove a point. Probably like Geno does to his. They are both old school and know if you don't get the respect early you wont have it.

I have no problem with what she did. That's her call. I was merely pointing to her comments made after the Texas game which appeared to take a shot at Booth, who has been benched/suspended, while saying she doesn't have to take that step with her players. Then, a week later, she takes that step. But what she did no other coach would do. It's just Kim.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
One, I wish Wallace good news
Two, these are kids who have a huge spotlight on them. Kim’s comments about Texas were unfortunate and probably should not have been said regardless on how a question was worded to her
Three, at least Kim did what she felt needed to be done to redraw the line of what is acceptable and what isn’t. Hopefully, they learn.

We all make mistakes and accountability needs to be learned.

Reaction Score
I have no problem with what she did. That's her call. I was merely pointing to her comments made after the Texas game which appeared to take a shot at Booth, who has been benched/suspended, while saying she doesn't have to take that step with her players. Then, a week later, she takes that step. But what she did no other coach would do. It's just Kim.

What did she do that no other coach would do? Did you ask Kim if she was referring to Boothe?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom