Kristy Wallace Injury | The Boneyard

Kristy Wallace Injury

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
What appears to be a season ending injury, and a weekly occurrence in WCBB, sadly occurred to Wallace during the game against West Virginia yesterday.

Our hopes, sympathies and thoughts go out to this gritty, thoughtful, talented young woman.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
What appears to be a season ending injury, and a weekly occurrence in WCBB, sadly occurred to Wallace during the game against West Virginia yesterday.

Our hopes, sympathies and thoughts go out to this gritty, thoughtful, talented young woman.

Noooooo. Baylor has had their share of injuries and sorrow this season. I want Baylor at their best this time of year. This is terrible news. Her injury will deeply affect the team's performance going forward. Who replaces her? :(

Last edited by a moderator:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Will this injury likely cement Baylor as a 2 seed? The committee does take injuries into account during the seeding process.

Reaction Score
Morris is AWESOME and Landrum is talented too. Not shabby depth. Morris will be a star. Wallace was having a terrific year. I remember how well she played knocking out L’ville by 33 points in tourney last year. Next game Itty Bitty’s speed ate up Wallace to the point Mulkey was screaming at Wallace and pulled her.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Noooooo. Baylor has had their share of injuries and sorrow this season. I want Baylor at their best this time of year. This is terrible news. Her injury will deeply affect the team's performance going forward. Who replaces her? :(

No one replaces Kristy! She was having a great season. Last night, Juicy Landrum (Soph) stepped in as PG and played well, however, I think the "next up" will be Morris (Fresh) at PG. This is a tough time of year to throw a freshman to the wolves, but Morris has the potential to be great. She just needs to get out of her own head. Big blow to Baylor and even bigger to Wallace. I, as well, wanted to see how far Baylor could go.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Will this injury likely cement Baylor as a 2 seed? The committee does take injuries into account during the seeding process.

Depends on what Baylor can prove in the Big 12 Tourney. If they are able to pull off the win, I say the injury won't hurt the seeding.

Reaction Score
This is not going to open the middle of their offense or help them in any way. Kristy cannot be replaced.
Wasnt suggesting that at all! Why would it Wallace is a guard! Never know if somebody steps up! An injury helped SC win!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Wasnt suggesting that at all! Why would it Wallace is a guard! Never know if somebody steps up! An injury helped SC win!
The problem is forwards are important, but the road to an NCAA championship runs through experienced, effective guard play. That chip was unfortunately taken from Baylor. Yes, this injury severely hurts their chances, even to make the FF.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Maybe, just maybe, she'll be back before the NCAA Tournament starts. cbraarj, I don't think Baylor's other guards will be any more effective than Wallace was. SC's style of play changed after Coates was injured and that actually helped, along with UCONN getting upset. I don't believe Wallace's injury will change Baylor's style of play and make them better.

Reaction Score
Well, the only important thing is how is she.

But watching the video, it seems as if she slipped on a wet floor (someone's perspiration?). The foot just went out from her so quickly and usually sneakers offer some resistance.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Huge bummer, I hope she's okay. That would be so disappointing if that's how her career ends at Baylor. She's had an outstanding senior year and has been a major reason for Baylor's fantastic season. Fingers crossed that it's not as bad as it looks.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
it seems as if she slipped on a wet floor

Nope. The foot if anything was too firmly planted and her knee was quite flexed and her upper leg rotated inward. It didn't look all that severe, but you never know with these things. Kim is one of the worst (or best depending on your view) on revealing injuries, but maybe we'll know tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Ouch, really to bad, will hurt Baylor, and it will also hurt her WNBA draft status, this could also cause some chemistry issues heading in to next season, with them having to start a new point guard, and HSG on her way in.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
No one replaces Kristy! She was having a great season. Last night, Juicy Landrum (Soph) stepped in as PG and played well, however, I think the "next up" will be Morris (Fresh) at PG. This is a tough time of year to throw a freshman to the wolves, but Morris has the potential to be great. She just needs to get out of her own head. Big blow to Baylor and even bigger to Wallace. I, as well, wanted to see how far Baylor could go.
Wallace was playing great and is/was the catalyst for them. She is to Baylor what Kia is to the Huskies. She has a great competitive fire, doing whatever it takes to win a game. The best compliment you can give is she’s a player you dislike as an opponent BUT LOVE as that teams fan. I will keep my fingers crossed....

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I've watched a number of Baylor games the last two years and have been struck with Wallace's almost dogged improvement in virtually every area. Her fitness was always top rate and that's even improved...she never looks winded. Her outside shooting has improved and without question she is the field general of this team, both tacitly and emotionally. On top of all that, she looks like playing hoops is exactly what she wants to be doing and wants to do it well. Very well. It's no wonder her coach adores her. And I'm sure other coaches would tell you she's the kind of player they'd want on their team.

Here's hoping for the best, whatever that translates to, and that Kristy doggedly addresses whatever next steps are necessary.
God's speed, mate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom