Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley

Reaction Score
We’d be extremely young. I think he definitely adds another vet in the back court

I agree, as good as McNeeley is, I think Stewie and ball would start and he’d be a 6-7th man.

Curious to hear what everyone thinks on adding a shooter like brea/hausen or someone who is more combo guard/facilitator. This would be even if you assume McNeeley comes, still think an experienced 2 would be a target. Believe we have two more scholarships to add players?

Reaction Score
I agree, as good as McNeeley is, I think Stewie and ball would start and he’d be a 6-7th man.

Curious to hear what everyone thinks on adding a shooter like brea/hausen or someone who is more combo guard/facilitator. This would be even if you assume McNeeley comes, still think an experienced 2 would be a target. Believe we have two more scholarships to add players?

I think we add a wing and a pure shooter. Seems to be the two types we're after.

Reaction Score
They can, but there are only so many spots in the rotation. I'm guessing we only bring in one guard/wing that gets significant minutes, otherwise one of Stewie/Solo will get squeezed out of minutes. If Karaban leaves then maybe it'll be fine, although by the time he decides I doubt McNeeley and Brea are still on the board.
I feel like we'd be able to fit both, even with Karaban. Plenty of minutes at the 2 through 4 spots

2: Ball 25 Brea 15
3: Stewart 15 McNeely 20 Brea 5
4: Karaban 30 Stewart 10

Reaction Score
I feel like we'd be able to fit both, even with Karaban. Plenty of minutes at the 2 through 4 spots

If we get NcNeeley another guy with real point guard/combo skills would be more important than another shooter. We need another guy who can really handle the rock.

Reaction Score
I think we may as well wait for Tuesday late night next week. Think if they can close Liam that will be it. I could be wrong!

Reaction Score
If we get NcNeeley another guy with real point guard/combo skills would be more important than another shooter. We need another guy who can really handle the rock.
That would be nice but is anyone of significance gonna come in to play behind Diarra and Nowell?

Reaction Score
Or a guy who can do both. Maybe a Joey C level transfer

Reaction Score
He is not coming here. Dad forced him to go in portal. He’s a strong KU from what I have heard from someone familiar with the Flyers.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
If we get McNeeley another point guard/combo makes more sense, someone who can really handle. We would be loaded with 6'7 wing skill guys in Karaban, McNeeley, Jaylin, Ross, Abraham.

I agree - let’s do a Mahaney/McNeeley duo and add a little handles, passing, definitely shooting along with some good Irish vibes.

Couldn’t hurt with our staff.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Or a guy who can do both. Maybe a Joey C level transfer

1713408542618.jpeg

Reaction Score
I agree - let’s do a Mahaney/McNeeley duo and add a little handles, passing, definitely shooting along with some good Irish vibes.

I like Irish people/Irish Americans and I like really good basketball players.

These Irish eyes would be smiling.

Reaction Score
That would be nice but is anyone of significance gonna come in to play behind Diarra and Nowell?
could be an SG with handles eg Spencer that would compete more with Ball for minutes

Reaction Score
Doesn’t need to be a third string PG what about an off guard with handles (like Spencer) that would compete more with Ball for minutes
Then you're back to where I was in my original post of squeezing guys in at the 2-4 positions. I think it's possible but that seems to be a minority opinion

Reaction Score
Here we go. Scheyer seems to have no plan except collecting all the shiny objects out there.
I guess we'll find out soon enough just how much Brea wants to work, develop further as a player and win championships or just get adulation from the kids in Cameron.......

Reaction Score
Then you're back to where I was in my original post of squeezing guys in at the 2-4 positions. I think it's possible but that seems to be a minority opinion
Well I agree there are no more minutes at the 1. Let’s say Karaban gets 30 at the 4. That leaves 90 minutes at 2-4 between Ball, Transfer, McNeeley and Stew. If split evenly that’s 22.5 mpg each. That’s plenty.

Reaction Score

Blurb earlier today from On3 about Kentucky recruiting:

Aidan Mahaney (Saint Mary’s) So. G | 6-3, 180

• Kentucky is one of many schools to reach out to Saint Mary’s transfer guard Aidan Mahaney, according to Recruits Zone. The likes of Duke, UConn, Florida, Alabama, Arkansas, St. John’s, and plenty more have done the same. Mahaney officially entered the portal late Tuesday night. He holds a strong connection to Michigan’s new assistant coach Justin Joyner, who was previously at Saint Mary’s with Mahaney.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I disagree. I don't see Brea coming here to play 20 minutes a game. I also don't see Hurley boxing Abraham and Ross out of minutes like that.

caw

Reaction Score
Here we go. Scheyer seems to have no plan except collecting all the shiny objects out there.
I guess we'll find out soon enough just how much Brea wants to work, develop further as a player and win championships or just get adulation from the kids in Cameron.......

Duke has some pretty insane turnover this year. They are losing their top four scorers (Filipowski, McCain, Roach, Mitchell). Two of them to transfer. They retain five (Proctor) and six (Foster), eight (Stewart), nine (Power). Then they lose seven (Young) to graduation. They pretty much lose everyone past that also to transfer (Reeves, Schutt, Blakes), or graduation (Begovich). So they lost 9/13 players.

And still they don't have PT if they want to keep the incoming freshmen happy but they have Maliq Brown (7-19 from three career) and perhaps Mason Gillis coming in also for visits. I just don't get those two. Someone is going to angry about PT if they pick up one of those two. Brea I kind of understand as he can fit in at the two for them off the bench.

Seriously where is the PT for Brown or Gillis though. Neither is anything but a 3 or a 4.

PG: Proctor
SG: Foster
SF: Evans, Knueppel, Harris
PF: Flagg, Power
C: Maluach, Stewart, Ngongba

If anything they need a backup PG/SG

Reaction Score
Well I agree there are no more minutes at the 1. Let’s say Karaban gets 30 at the 4. That leaves 90 minutes at 2-4 between Ball, Transfer, McNeeley and Stew. If split evenly that’s 22.5 mpg each. That’s plenty.
Like I said, I agree with that but the consensus appears to be there's not room since Abraham or Ross will need minutes too

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I see bold declarations on the boneyard are still being tossed around
And you are surprised by that? It's like you don't know us at all anymore.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom