Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley

BCF

Reaction Score
I lived in Willi as of 4 years ago. I visit friends there at least twice a month. There are no Dominican food spots. The general Latin grocery store is the best you're going to do. I don't know what to tell you man; good effort, but this is a rather stupid thing to dig your heels in about. People in Willi go to Hartford on New London for decent Dominican food.

This is a silly, inconsequential point anyways. He's committing to play basketball and make money. Not because of local food choices. He lives in Dayton--f%*^ing--Ohio for God's sake.
Basketball and money are available everywhere. It matters but so does comfort. Why would players leave Kentucky to go play at Arkansas? When everything is equal. Because of things like being close to home do matter. And you realize that after living in Dayton-f%*^ing Ohio for 4 years

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Southbridge, MA is farther from Storrs than Hartford. If you count 9 hours on foot as "walking distance" then we're in the clear.
It was basically a joke, but.....

Reaction Score
Basketball and money are available everywhere. It matters but so does comfort. Why would players leave Kentucky to go play at Arkansas? When everything is equal. Because of things like being close to home do matter. And you realize that after living in Dayton-f%*^ing Ohio for 4 years

Players are going from Kentucky to Arkansas because Cal and the Arkansas donors are paying them a bunch of money to play basketball. It has nothing to do with being close to home or comfort... at all. What are you talking about? This is entirely contradictory to the point you're trying to make.

You seem to think I'm arguing with you. I'm not. If the kid wants Dominican food, he can drive to Hartford in the car one of our boosters leases him. I'm sure he's well aware of the demographics of our campus if that's something he cares about.

Reaction Score
Man what an incredibly stupid turn this thread took lol

Congrats (and god bless) @BCF on marrying a Dominican chick from the Bronx but to generalize her interests to a 22 year old college kid looking to live his best basketball life is insane

Let’s see if he transfers to SJU or Miami lol

Reaction Score
this guy seems like McNeeley's plan B. skill sets overlap too much to bring in both.

Reaction Score
That's a NCAA violation, unless, of course, you hire him for NIL purposes, then you can buy him a car every week, if you want.
Now that's outside the box thinking. Very well done.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don't see Kansas or Kentucky as a threat this time. As someone who is married to a Dominican from the Bronx. She can't go 3 days without Dominican food. CT has around 60k Dominicans living here. After 4 years in Ohio. I know he wants to be closer to the Bronx. Add in the basketball side and what uconn has done with transfers I think we are in a good position. SJU worries me more than Kansas. View attachment 99724
Unreal

Since 2020 Census there hasn't been at least 1 person from the Dominican Republic who has walked across the border and settled in Kansas or taken a red eye under the radar flight to Kansas.:p:cool: ?

TBH - if he wants to play at the highest levels, I doubt it will make much of a difference to this player. Ive seen him play quite a few times and while he is not anywhere as emotional as Cam, the kid can certainly score and is not just 3pt exclusive. I would be extremely happy to have him at UConn

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Go watch the tape- he has been a negative in every other aspect besides his shooting- reason on a borderline NCAA Tournament team over the 4 years he rarely ever started- also in a non power conference that hasn’t been as good as it usually as of late. I’ve seen the kid play over thirty times over the years- he only shoots- nothing else well. McNeely is going to be a high level PRO- it’s not even comparable- I enjoy your point in the age difference & it obviously has strength- but even with that said the kid McNeely is way ahead of his time. People comparing Brea to Spencer on this board is also outlandish- Spencer coming to UConn was a very smart intelligent defender who averaged over 2 steals per game & was also a playmaker at times & could create his own shot.

With all that said, we agree to disagree- I respect your opinion.
If you watched him play over 30 times you wouldn't say such negative things about him.
Cam had the worst man on defense on the UConn team - Tristen being a close 2nd.
I'll take either player but you are way off on Brea - calling him a negative is ridiculous.
He was sixth man of the year in the conference twice and led the nation in 3 pt shooting last season at a 49,8% clip (208 taken).
He probably will not be an all NBE player but he can score the ball.

Reaction Score
Best shooter in the country? My interest is officially piqued ; could this kid fit in our rotation with Hausen in the fold too? I almost think they both will be fighting for the same slot. Maybe Hausen is ok as a bench piece? Exciting stuff no less

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Solo > Brea

If Brea comes here and starts, we’re not very good. There’s a reason that he’s come off the bench for four years.
He played 29 minutes per game.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Solo > Brea

If Brea comes here and starts, we’re not very good. There’s a reason that he’s come off the bench for four years.
This is like when Joey California transferred here and people said if he gets any real minutes this team won’t be as good as we think it is lmao.

We all know how wrong that sentiment was…

That being said, Solo is a elite athlete in addition to his basketball skills so I’d assume he’d have the inside track to the starting spot if he can improve his defense a bit this offseason…

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
given how folks got embarrassed after the Gaffney/Diggins->Newton fallout you would think it might humble them but I see bold declarations on the boneyard are still being tossed around
It’s what happens when we are anonymous and there aren’t negative consequences to statements which end up being wrong.

I used to write “imo”, “possibly”, “probably”, “likely”, “unlikely”, “maybe”. I don’t bother anymore because time is ticking. But when you see a declarative from me it’s more than likely I’m getting lazy in my old age. Maybe a little cantankerous as well.

But I’m not on Facebook!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stop it. This his actually put up numbers against good competition.
I dont want to be the contrarian here but i think it needs to be asked, if hes such a skilled player who can shoot lights out why is it that in 113 games hes averaging under 10 ppg in the A10?

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
this guy shooting open 3s from Hurley's scheme that'd be SOOOOOO cool, that 53-56% probably could be 60

Reaction Score
I dont want to be the contrarian here but i think it needs to be asked, if hes such a skilled player who can shoot lights out why is it that in 113 games hes averaging under 10 ppg in the A10?
Because despite the high percentages, he doesn't shoot the ball a lot. He averaged 7.5 FGA per game this year and had a 16% usage rate. For reference Cam Spencer was 10 FGA per game this season and a 19% usage rate, and even at Rutgers was at 10 FGA and a 25% usage rate.

Reaction Score
Diarra/Nowell
Ball/Brea/Ross
Stewart/McNeeley
Karaban/Roumoglou/Abraham
Johnson/Reed/Singare

That would be the deepest team in the country and a bonafide contender. Sign me up.
Wow..legitimate contenders once again...wow...
Work doesn't feel like work, when I sneak online and see this!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom