KLS | Page 2 | The Boneyard

KLS

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I am not arguing whether or not Samuelson WILL play, I am arguing whether or not Samuelson SHOULD play.
Man you're just doubling and tripling down on this. How is not having her play supposed to help her or the team if she's good to go?

Reaction Score
What I proposed may be deemed overly cautious but certainly not monumentally dumb! Monumentally dumb would be getting talked into playing a kid that is not 100%, having her further injure herself, and then miss a significant number of games.

Possible impact of my proposition = 1 missed game
Possible impact of playing her while not 100% = ??? missed games

Simple math!

Based on your philosophy, UConn should never play any key players because they might get hurt and "then miss a significant number of games."

KLS has been cleared by the UConn doctors and trainers. I would guess they know a LOT more about her situation and the risks than you do. She had a minor twisted ankle - not anything significant.

Reaction Score
100% is not coming out of your previous 2 games because of injury. 100% is not missing 2x as many games as you have played in. 100% is not walking around in a walking boot. 100% is not having to miss practice time..

Wrong. 100% is measured by where a player is CURRENTLY (per the evaluation of doctors and trainers) - not where a player was last week or the week before. And the injury last game was minor. Nothing to prevent her from playing in the next game.

Reaction Score
No Battouli ....migraine problems for gabby...ankle woes for Lou ... Depth has already become a problem...need to get a couple of freshmen game ready or we will be facing the same situation as last year

Reaction Score
Based on your philosophy, UConn should never play any key players because they might get hurt and "then miss a significant number of games."

KLS has been cleared by the UConn doctors and trainers. I would guess they know a LOT more about her situation and the risks than you do. She had a minor twisted ankle - not anything significant.

You really don't understand that the reason I feel Coach Auriemma should be cautious with Samuelson is because she is coming off getting injured in her previous 2 games?

We don't know this yet. She was cleared to participate in PART of practice, but also was held out of part of it. She has a "minor twisted ankle" that, although not the exact same injury as her previous midfoot sprain, aggravated the same area according to Samuelson.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
No Battouli ....migraine problems for gabby...ankle woes for Lou ... Depth has already become a problem...need to get a couple of freshmen game ready or we will be facing the same situation as last year
I promise, we won't. First, when everyone is healthy, we go a legit 7 deep at this time. Second, there are only a few games left that should be competitive. That's not to insult other teams, but just the reality. Geno will be able to play starters 20-25 MPG and let the bench finish the rest of the games (even if we bemoan how they "lose big leads" etc etc)... ;)

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score

The doctors and trainers do know a lot more than all of us about Lou's situation. However, I think it would come as news to them that they have cleared Lou. She is a game time decision per Hartford Courant article today. (Maybe it is ultimately Geno deciding with medical input, but let's not point too fine a point on it.)

The ankle has been a recurring occurrence (per Lou) and she sprained the same foot on November 17. If that is minor, I would prefer it to be "minorer".

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
In the neighborhood of KLS's home in Huntington Beach this morning. The fire didnt grow that quick and was put out.

Reaction Score
You really don't understand that the reason I feel Coach Auriemma should be cautious with Samuelson is because she is coming off getting injured in her previous 2 games?

We don't know this yet. She was cleared to participate in PART of practice, but also was held out of part of it. She has a "minor twisted ankle" that, although not the exact same injury as her previous midfoot sprain, aggravated the same area according to Samuelson.

Nah. I get what you are trying to say "she can get hurt . . ." But then maybe she should never play again? Let's face it-- on the UCONN - ND thread you packed it in and said they were going to lose, didn't you? That's not bad- -- you were wrong big deal we all are at times. . Just sayin'. But on many of the game treads, let's be honest, you focus on "what could go wrong," rather than "what might go right." Don't you? Not saying that attitude is wrong -- but when it comes to playing someone who has been previously hurt, we have different views. No offense to you but imo you see dark clouds eventually forming on a sunny all-blue day. You're always going to focus on the eventual storm, aren't you? You do that on that on the game threads , don't you? You point out all the things that aren't going great much, much. much. much more than point out what they are doing well? Even last year when they beat ND at ND, right?

It's how you're wired. Anyways, you and I aren't doctors. If she plays (I don't know if she should. But if cleared and doing well in practices . . .) - some of us will enjoy the things she does on the court that makes her great. I just hope you and others won't be too focused on "what if something goes wrong" that you can't enjoy how each of the player's perform. But hey -- - whatever.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

This is a joke, right?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
If Samuelson is good to go and Auriemma sits her for rest or as a precaution I guarantee you that she would see it as some sort of punishment.

If she says she's OK and the Docs say she's OK and Auriemma says she's OK there is zero reason to sit her.

Reaction Score
Man you're just doubling and tripling down on this. How is not having her play supposed to help her or the team if she's good to go?

Good call Meyers, I think you were spot on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom