KLS | The Boneyard

KLS

Reaction Score
Are there any Katie Lou sightings at practice or updates if she will play on Friday against DePaul?

Reaction Score
Are there any Katie Lou sightings at practice or updates if she will play on Friday against DePaul?
I hope she only starts and is out in 4 minutes--she needs loads of rest.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I thought that the word was that she had tweaked her ankle and it was not related to her earlier injury. If that's the case there is no need to rest her.

Reaction Score
What? :confused: She just had a couple weeks off. She needs reps, get back into game shape.
You may be right--I was thinking recovery. But my thoughts were not of a medical nature as much as a compassionate one for Katie Lou---when she came back into the ND game --she wasn't ready--her job wasn't KLS's job --but to hold the line until Z could return.
Don't sue me if I go overboard for Katie Lou--until she graduates, that will be me.

Reaction Score
She came in specifically to make the inbound pass if both free throws were made.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You may be right--I was thinking recovery. But my thoughts were not of a medical nature as much as a compassionate one for Katie Lou---when she came back into the ND game --she wasn't ready--her job wasn't KLS's job --but to hold the line until Z could return.
Don't sue me if I go overboard for Katie Lou--until she graduates, that will be me.

I'm with you Braoaway, but Katie Lou is decidedly of a different mind:

"She was pretty animated in the game and got knocked around quite a few times," Auriemma said. "She doesn't look like it, but Lou is a fighter. She is a tough kid, and right now it's really getting her angry that she can't play. It's starting to get to her a little bit. She's getting a little aggravated, because she wants to play so bad."

Happy returns for Samuelson, top-ranked Huskies

Reaction Score
I'm with you Braoaway, but Katie Lou is decidedly of a different mind:

"She was pretty animated in the game and got knocked around quite a few times," Auriemma said. "She doesn't look like it, but Lou is a fighter. She is a tough kid, and right now it's really getting her angry that she can't play. It's starting to get to her a little bit. She's getting a little aggravated, because she wants to play so bad."

Happy returns for Samuelson, top-ranked Huskies
I have never doubted Katie lou was a fighter--even fighters get hurt and need recovery--it's a dead horse ; she and Geno will do as they see fit, as I have always known, obviously, my words are whistling in the wind--and I don't have to like her quick return, or even accepting it Again nothing about ANY of this team is within my area of authority to change. Just words!!

Reaction Score
Hopefully they are smart and at the least rest Samuelson for the Depaul game. At this point they can take advantage of the schedule and give her 16 days off by just missing the Depaul game. She is just too important to the team to risk a season long injury for a game in December.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
What? :confused: She just had a couple weeks off. She needs reps, get back into game shape.
I would send her to the gym, the WORKOUT GYM. Build up her strength+muscle.
Get strong on the court, and throw a few elbows now and then....remember BG at Baylor....she was tripled-teamed, and banged around quite a bit. Well, one night, she punched someone in the face.........things changed.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I would send her to the gym, the WORKOUT GYM. Build up her strength+muscle.
Get strong on the court, and throw a few elbows now and then....remember BG at Baylor....she was tripled-teamed, and banged around quite a bit. Well, one night, she punched someone in the face....things changed.
I'm pretty sure KLS does plenty of work in the gym.

I'm not sure who or what some of you think KLS is, but if you have watched her UCONN career to date, you should start to realize she is not a delicate flower.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hopefully they are smart and at the least rest Samuelson for the Depaul game. At this point they can take advantage of the schedule and give her 16 days off by just missing the Depaul game. She is just too important to the team to risk a season long injury for a game in December.
IF KLS is good to go (and I suspect she will be), it would be really, really dumb not to play her against Depaul. Just monumentally dumb.

Reaction Score
IF KLS is good to go (and I suspect she will be), it would be really, really dumb not to play her against Depaul. Just monumentally dumb.

What I proposed may be deemed overly cautious but certainly not monumentally dumb! Monumentally dumb would be getting talked into playing a kid that is not 100%, having her further injure herself, and then miss a significant number of games.

Possible impact of my proposition = 1 missed game
Possible impact of playing her while not 100% = ??? missed games

Simple math!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
What I proposed may be deemed overly cautious but certainly not monumentally dumb! Monumentally dumb would be getting talked into playing a kid that is not 100%, having her further injure herself, and then miss a significant number of games.

Possible impact of my proposition = 1 missed game
Possible impact of playing her while not 100% = ??? missed games

Simple math!
What's 100%? I doubt very few players are 100% during the season. They usually have little nigglings throughout the year. She's either good to go or not. I'm not that great with words so maybe monumentally dumb wasn't accurate. Something so dumb it defies description would probably be more accurate. Like on the level of Bizarro's Collier won't start.

Reaction Score
What's 100%? I doubt very few players are 100% during the season. They usually have little nigglings throughout the year. She's either good to go or not. I'm not that great with words so maybe monumentally dumb wasn't accurate. Something so dumb it defies description would probably be more accurate. Like on the level of Bizarro's Collier won't start.

100% is not coming out of your previous 2 games because of injury. 100% is not missing 2x as many games as you have played in. 100% is not walking around in a walking boot. 100% is not having to miss practice time. If you think that being overly cautious, thinking of the big picture, and holding a player out of 1 game is "so dumb it defies description" then I don't know what to tell you.

Reaction Score
Anyone remember Mo being in a boot for some considerable time while playing and then winning a national championship?

Reaction Score
100% is not coming out of your previous 2 games because of injury. 100% is not missing 2x as many games as you have played in. 100% is not walking around in a walking boot. 100% is not having to miss practice time. If you think that being overly cautious, thinking of the big picture, and holding a player out of 1 game is "so dumb it defies description" then I don't know what to tell you.
Lou says she sprains that particular ankle a lot which implies it is something she has dealt with for a long time, and goes on to say that when she sprains it Geno and the trainers know that it's fine and she can play on. She may have problems with that foot for the rest of her life and will never truly be 100% like many career athletes.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure KLS does plenty of work in the gym.

I'm not sure who or what some of you think KLS is, but if you have watched her UCONN career to date, you should start to realize she is not a delicate flower.
I would not call her delicate, but she is no Lou Gehrig or Cal Ripken, either.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You could try, "sorry meyers, you're right again, as usual". I'd except that, it would warm the cockles of my heart. :cool:

Or you could bet me $100 (and never pay it like Bizarro did) that KLS doesn't play Friday. ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I would not call her delicate, but she is no Lou Gehrig or Cal Ripken, either.
True, but besides Faris and Hayes who is?

I was talking more about her toughness than her lack of injuries.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou came in to shoot free throws if ND intentionally fouled, and she would inbound the ball.

Reaction Score
You could try, "sorry meyers, you're right again, as usual". I'd except that, it would warm the cockles of my heart. :cool:

Or you could bet me $100 (and never pay it like Bizarro did) that KLS doesn't play Friday. ;)

I am not arguing whether or not Samuelson WILL play, I am arguing whether or not Samuelson SHOULD play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom