Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award

Reaction Score
Paige.

Ashlynn had a good game overall, but oddly, not a particularly good shooting game.

Reaction Score
Ashlynn all the way. 21 points, 7 rebounds, no fouls and still 100% from the free throw line. Paige is EXPECTED to put up her numbers every game. Ashlynn and the other freshmen, not so much. So to my way of thinking , Ashlynn was way above her team numbers in all categories and there fore Game Badass.Give more credit to the players that excel above their norm and less to the high achievers that is expected to play to their customary score and play. I don't mean to lessen the credit that Paige delivers, but it was not expected of Ashlynn. The right Praise is a rward for something well done. GO ASHLYNN!!!! GO FRESHMEN!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, after praising all the things that Paige does on the court, Geno asked and answered a rhetorical question, “Is she the best player in the country? I wouldn’t trade her for anybody.” I think that covers the kid from Iowa. :cool:
Clark is the best player in the country, but Bueckers is a better player for Connecticut.

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, after praising all the things that Paige does on the court, Geno asked and answered a rhetorical question, “Is she the best player in the country? I wouldn’t trade her for anybody.” I think that covers the kid from Iowa. :cool:
Well said, Oldude,, by you and Geno... you did, however, leave out that Geno admitted any coach would say that about his or her own player.;)

Reaction Score
Lots of choices today. Ashlynn was great. Liya was a beast. NIka once again shuts down an opponent's high scorer. But Paige was ridiculously efficient, filling up the stat sheet while playing just over 20 minutes, and so the best player in WBB is my BADASS today!

How many times this year are we going to write that Paige was "ridiculously efficient?" No one dominates a game with fewer shots.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A reminder from The Man himself. Re: number 2, Kib meant that the high scorer may, or may not, necessarily be the badass

D80C29C2-1A42-4D8C-87EA-01BDC92059CD.jpeg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
How many times this year are we going to write that Paige was "ridiculously efficient?" No one dominates a game with fewer shots.
The thing that absolutely amazes me is that as good as Paige was in her freshman & sophomore seasons, she’s executing at another level of efficiency, maybe as good as any WBB player I have ever seen, and I still think she hasn’t completely knocked off all the rust from missing last year. :eek:

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
hey, it was merely what's expected of paige. routine. she was great but did nothing unusually outstanding (for her).

i mean really, she's the badass in every game she's not under the weather. thank god.

i think this recognition ought t be spread among the other players. we know nobody can compete with ms. bueckers.

gee whiz. let's make these threads interesting and give others a break, especially the newbies when they worthy.

:eek:
I've announced that I'll only be calling the game BadAss for freshmen until the BE tournament.
Nika, Aaliyah, and Paige are doing Nika, Aaliyah, and Paige things.

I may have to readjust my thinking. Amari, Inês, Q could end up being my pick before the BE tournament. So far I've seen Amari & Inês listed tonight.

I still appreciate anyone's opinion on who the games BadAss is and give em a like when they select just one.

Reaction Score
Definitely Inês, as others have said. Good minutes, good defense, put up with a couple of ridiculous whistles at her expense, like that absurd traveling call on the break, didn’t waste time complaining or making petulant faces at the refs. Just goes about her business. That’s consummate badassery.

Reaction Score
Paige for her efficiency! Honorable mentions to Ash for her persistence and Amari for stepping up her game.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nan thank you. I’m trying to keep up with my ole buddy and legend on the Boneyard. I’m doing my best. God Bless Kibitzer. I’m sure he has a better view than we do.
You know people are going to ignore it and use their own criteria anyway, right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom