Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 687 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Could the Scheer tweet be bad info leaked purposesly to get more money for MWC/PAC merger? Clearly the beavers and the Aztecs are two of the better teams.
Bad info wars is definitely a thing - all options are possible

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the PAC 4 conference needs to be resolved by 8/15 if they want to play Football in 24/25?

Reaction Score
The Scheer info and Mhver tweets are legit. ESPN the driving force. I'm done. This sucks. ACC will be the P3 when the Big 12 implodes in 2030.
In the back of my psychotic mind: "We want to be New England's team, ESPN told us who to select..." Shades of nightmares past a.k.a. Rule No. 1

Reaction Score
Name 1 legitimate reason why the Big 12 would find the urgency to add SDSU and Oregon state right now? They add little to no value and will be available at any time in realignment. We are well pad the point of tweets that don’t even make sense.

Reaction Score
All of this insanity could have been prevented if schools and conferences felt the threat of losing tax exempt status. It would be a financial killer for all athletic departments. You can love college sports and also admit there is no justification anymore for most D1 programs to be tax exempt with almost all athletic expenditures. They are nothing more than businesses now. The education part is secondary—at best.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
UConn was team 17 when the Big 12 stopped at 16. UConn will be team 19 when they stop at 18. UConn will be team 21 when they stop at 20.

Yormark played us.
I hope not

Reaction Score
I think it’s fair to ask the UConn Administration what their roadmap looks like. Have they been told what we need to do to become viable? I’m not sure cheating works anymore due to NIL. How did Liberty turn it on?

Reaction Score
All of this insanity could have been prevented if schools and conferences felt the threat of losing tax exempt status. It would be a financial killer for all athletic departments. You can love college sports and also admit there is no justification anymore for most D1 programs to be tax exempt with almost all athletic expenditures. They are nothing more than businesses now. The education part is secondary—at best.
You say they are nothing more than businesses, except that no group of individuals (shareholders) gets to share the profits. That is more than a small difference. I’m not opposed to taxing athletic departments profits, but it’s not going to change much of anything, It just puts more pressure on big schools’ athletic department to increase profits to keep after tax expenditures high,

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I hope not
Me too. I am settled into this being about regional wants and desires and the current Big12 leadership/presidents wanted Western expansion and a competitive disruption to a rival. When in that prism Connecticut is ranked about 150th. As long as west coast expansion is the goal, teams like Oregon State and Washington State hold more value then we do. Once a conference looks East we become attractive again. Will anyone look east for expansion? Doubt it unless it's ACC.

Reaction Score
You say they are nothing more than businesses, except that no group of individuals (shareholders) gets to share the profits. That is more than a small difference. I’m not opposed to taxing athletic departments profits, but it’s not going to change much of anything, It just puts more pressure on big schools’ athletic department to increase profits to keep after tax expenditures high,

Not taxi g athletic departments but something more like revenue sharing since the conferences pick winners and bankrupt others. I have no idea how there hasn't been any lawsuits. People sue for anything and everything. There has to be a legit class action lawsuit here.

Reaction Score
If Oregon State/SDSU get added, then I'm sorry but Brett Yormack has 0 pull and its all Big12 Presidents making these moves.
That's already been obvious as soon as Colorado got the invite and we didn't. He has no say, like at all. I don't understand why these presidents who love irrelevant west coast football programs hired a NYC guy who loves basketball. It'd be like if I was on the board of American Airlines and hired a CEO who thinks the future of travel is high speed rail. It just makes zero sense

Reaction Score
And maintain their not for profit tax status? Nil can be the start. Who says the athletes don’t want to be treated like pros?

Colleges athletics is a charade that when the bubble bursts, and it will, their greed now will leave a path of destruction.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You say they are nothing more than businesses, except that no group of individuals (shareholders) gets to share the profits. That is more than a small difference. I’m not opposed to taxing athletic departments profits, but it’s not going to change much of anything, It just puts more pressure on big schools’ athletic. department to increase profits to keep after tax expenditures high,
Or to find a way to plow a larger share of general overhead allocations into athletic departments.

Reaction Score
Why though? If they make those changes will FSU and Clemson not leave at the first opportunity they have to go to one of the P2? Even with those changes they will be making less money than P2 schools.

So, if nothing the ACC can reasonably do will appease them, why take steps that will alienate the remaining schools?
I’m thinking a lot will change between now and the end of their GOR.
For the life of me I can’t understand what the Big XII is doing - seems like conference suicide. Cincinnati and UCF must have serious buyers remorse.

Even with the loss of Clemson and Florida St, the ACC would be better than the XII branding wise.
If rules change regarding basketball payouts, the ACC could reap a huge profit from that. And if they merged with the BE plus grabbed a few other choice properties they would have enough leverage from a basketball position to opt to leave the NCAA.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
And maintain their not for profit tax status? Nil can be the start. Who says the athletes don’t want to be treated like pros?

Colleges athletics is a charade that when the bubble bursts, and it will, their greed now will leave a path of destruction.
There can be taxable components of non-taxed entities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom