Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 782 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If you’re talking about academics,

For the 17th consecutive year, the Atlantic Coast Conference leads the way among Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) conferences in the “Best Colleges” rankings released by U.S. News & World Report.
I was planning on staying out of this, but when i see "academics" mentioned in conjuction with P4 schools, I think AAU/research $$$, not GPAs. IOW, the reason UConn would never be a B1G candidate.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I was planning on staying out of this, but when i see "academics" mentioned in conjuction with P4 schools, I think AAU/research $$$, not GPAs. IOW, the reason UConn would never be a B1G candidate.
I’m not sure how that part works in conjunction with high ranking schools. I figured they would be one and the same but could be wrong.

Just figured Duke, Michigan UNC, GTech, and Notre Dame would make for a pretty strong conference academically on paper.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Also, I felt like news like this would be welcomed on the board. If Michigan did end up making the jump to the ACC that’s now a stable conference and another option for UConn to jump too (and tbh, the most ideal for hoops and travel).

I also know next to nothing about what it would take for us to get accepted into any of these conferences so it could mean absolutely nothing too.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Go to a Michigan board. You won’t get sympathy anywhere else.

College Football has always been incredibly sleazy and Michigan is truly on the cutting edge on that front.
FIFO.

They just used to provide a veil of propriety that made self-deception easy. Not sure which model I prefer. Franky not digging he current one much though.

Reaction Score
Also, I felt like news like this would be welcomed on the board. If Michigan did end up making the jump to the ACC that’s now a stable conference and another option for UConn to jump too (and tbh, the most ideal for hoops and travel).

I also know next to nothing about what it would take for us to get accepted into any of these conferences so it could mean absolutely nothing too.

Because the board knows that it’s not happening.

Reaction Score
Colin Cowherd has no moral compass.

He’s a might makes right guy.
I will say, the network bias has never been more apparent. Any fox sports media says it's not a big deal and ESPN media is calling for heads to roll.

Of course, ESPN is right for once. But it's not because they have a moral compass, it's just better for their properties.

Reaction Score
I will say, the network bias has never been more apparent. Any fox sports media says it's not a big deal and ESPN media is calling for heads to roll.

Of course, ESPN is right for once. But it's not because they have a moral compass, it's just better for their properties.

Cowherd thinks if bigtime guys cheat then we should just get over it.

If Eastern Michigan does it then according to Cowherd they are taking shortcuts.

I’d much rather listen to Jim Rome.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

The misinformation from some on this board always amazes me sometimes.

Here’s RGIII, Jeff Saturday on ESPN saying it’s pretty much bs that sign stealing gives an advantage and the whole panel says that trying to punish Harbaugh this fast is also stupid without completing the investigation.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think there's 1% chance Michigan leaves the B1G.
I don't think the chances are anywhere near that high.

They wouldn't give up the revenues the B1G guarantees them for an outside shot at possibly making close to that elsewhere and of far more importance, they wouldn't consider ending relationships with many peers (that go back to the late 1800's), primarily the rivalry they have with Ohio St. That isn't far from asking Yale to end its rivalry with Harvard.

The odds are better for me hitting Powerball on three consecutive drawings than Michigan leaving the B1G.

Reaction Score
I don't think the chances are anywhere near that high.

They wouldn't give up the revenues the B1G guarantees them for an outside shot at possibly making close to that elsewhere and of far more importance, they wouldn't consider ending relationships with many peers (that go back to the late 1800's), primarily the rivalry they have with Ohio St. That isn't far from asking Yale to end its rivalry with Harvard.

The odds are better for me hitting Powerball on three consecutive drawings than Michigan leaving the B1G.
1700090324321.gif

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
I was at the PSU-Michigan game last weekend. I had a bunch of Michigan fans around me and one guy yelled out that they were leaving this “garbage conference” and going to the ACC… the countless hours I’ve “wasted” on the conference realignment board here finally paid off as I was able to give him chapter and verse on the idiocy of that statement. He then switched seats with his wife.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I was at the PSU-Michigan game last weekend. I had a bunch of Michigan fans around me and one guy yelled out that they were leaving this “garbage conference” and going to the ACC… the countless hours I’ve “wasted” on the conference realignment board here finally paid off as I was able to give him chapter and verse on the idiocy of that statement. He then switched seats with his wife.
I’m just not sure the logic of one of the biggest brands and a blue blood of CFB not being capable of doing a ND and taking their money and going elsewhere.

The Big Ten needs Michigan. Not vice versa. If Michigan leaves, that payout is going down on their side. Wherever Michigan goes, the payout and value will go up. They’re the cash cow here.

Reaction Score
Oregon state and Washington state just won the court case. Let’s get on the phone and beg to join for football.
Somehow even the day after I don't see Oregon State or Washington State fans doing the happy dance. There are a lot of issues to overcome. Not sure how easy they are to solve in the time frame in question.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Somehow even the day after I don't see Oregon State or Washington State fans doing the happy dance. There are a lot of issues to overcome. Not sure how easy they are to solve in the time frame in question.
I think they have the power to do the funniest thing ever and vote to keep Washington and Oregon out of the PAC 12 championship game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Haha that's great!

Respect I Salute You GIF by Scott Hoying

Reaction Score
Michigan was not a top school in recent years until the last 2 years. Michigan needs the Big 10, a conference that is about to get a lot better with the additions of Oregon/Washington/USC/UCLA. There is absolutely no way they go to the ACC no matter what. Michigan is pissed and they will get over it..

The league is so good the entire B1G will be undefeated, resulting in stacking the CFP. Remember when Nebraska football had a national following.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom