Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 438 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This really comes down to how tied Utah is to the California schools. If they stay, we are in. If they go, we are out.

Which California schools - Cal and Stanford? Where would they possibly going?

Reaction Score
I know a school that would be very happy if we joined the big 12…Syracuse…because then they would start winning the recruiting battles … their fans hate us in the big east
I’m not sure that would help them very much right now.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This really comes down to how tied Utah is to the California schools. If they stay, we are in. If they go, we are out.
I'm not thinking we're in until I hear an actual announcement. But I do wonder about the BYU/Utah relationship not being all that great, as Aaron Torres mentioned on his podcast.

Reaction Score
I’m not panicking with every tweet. If the B12 really has a plan in place, it probably has a need for a northeastern presence in that plan. They can enter the biggest market in the country with us. Right now, their market reach is pretty pathetic.

Reaction Score
I'm not thinking we're in until I hear an actual announcement. But I do wonder about the BYU/Utah relationship not being all that great, as Aaron Torres mentioned on his podcast.
I’ve also seen reports that the Big XII want three adds to the west (Colorado, Zona, ASU or SSSU) and one East to pair with WVU, UCF and Cincy. That’s us. There’s nobody else close to our value.

Reaction Score
I’ve also seen reports that the Big XII want three adds to the west (Colorado, Zona, ASU or SSSU) and one East to pair with WVU, UCF and Cincy. That’s us. There’s nobody else close to our value.
Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

Reaction Score
Basketball has 300+ schools; football 130. In football all you have to have is about 40 programs thinking they could be Cinderella and you have the March Madness effect given footballs limited number of games played. So, if B1G and SEC go to 20 or so schools and don't kick out their weaklings that would leave a decent number of schools in the rest of the football playing schools to think they could have a chance in a 12 or 16 team CFP. Just enough of a sniff to get/keep fanbases interested enough to keep the tv advertising dollars to keep flowing in across the entire country. Because in the final equation, tv revenue is what is the golden goose and that comes from advertisers that want to reach super regions/national audiences. Without that, the whole concept deflates.
I understand the sentiment. But it's a diffused, inconsistent "dream" for the other 60 schools. The SEC and B1G hold all the cards with the TV producers. No way FOX, CBS, ABC, ESPN, Apple, Amazon, etc. say to the SEC + B1G "well, you know...there are all these other schools that don't amount to much ad revenue, but we think for the overall health of the broader sport you should give them a seat at the table". JMO.

Reaction Score
With BYU and Arizona, it makes zero economic sense to add other schools in the same markets. Doesn't mean they will or won't, but anyone thinking they need ASU or Utah is just a status quo mouthpiece.

Reaction Score

-> Yormark does appear to be a big proponent of Connecticut, but some Big 12 decision-makers are skeptical. They acknowledge the basketball brand but point out that UConn has not invested heavily in football.

The Huskies play on state-owned Rentschler Field, a 38,000-seat stadium that opened in 2003 and is in East Hartford, 25 miles from the Storrs campus.

And UConn athletics get a big subsidy from the university.

“All it takes is one president to cut that,” said one Big 12 source. “I just don’t see it.” <-

This could be resolved w/ one face to face conversation w/ State/University leadership or one well placed Op-Ed.

Tramel is no UConn fan from way back…

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
-> Yormark does appear to be a big proponent of Connecticut, but some Big 12 decision-makers are skeptical. They acknowledge the basketball brand but point out that UConn has not invested heavily in football.

The Huskies play on state-owned Rentschler Field, a 38,000-seat stadium that opened in 2003 and is in East Hartford, 25 miles from the Storrs campus.

And UConn athletics get a big subsidy from the university.

“All it takes is one president to cut that,” said one Big 12 source. “I just don’t see it.” <-

This could be resolved w/ one face to face conversation w/ State/University leadership or one well placed Op-Ed.

Tramel is no UConn fan from way back…
Is this why Mora is on about National Championships today and that he isn't leaving?

Reaction Score
Is this why Mora is on about National Championships today and that he isn't leaving?

Could be… Tramel is carrying someone’s water w/ the football investment angle from another of his articles from few weeks ago:

>> Let me help ^^^

Note: Tramel has not been a UConn fan over the years (since Fiesta Bowl days)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
RGIII should relay his experiences with our facility to the leadership of some of these schools

Reaction Score
Danlow, how are you? I hope you are doing well and when football season comes around I'll be sure to stop by to say hello to you and the Mrs.
I’m hanging in, thanks! Trying to keep from wearing myself out over all this realignment snow! It’s been like 15 years of this and I’ve developed a tic over it, . It’s got to work out at some point, doesn’t it?? See you at the Rent!

Reaction Score
Interesting points on the Rent being state-owned and the high subsidies being a risk that go in the negative column for B12 consideration. Hopefully Yormark is a good salesman.
If Yormak has to do that much selling of us, it makes you question why we want to go there to begin with.

Reaction Score
Interesting points on the Rent being state-owned and the high subsidies being a risk that go in the negative column for B12 consideration. Hopefully Yormark is a good salesman.
"they don't invest enough. they spend too much money"

It's like some of these other schools don't comprehend that we don't have as much money to spend as they do because we're not in a power conference with a power conference payout...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom