Kevin Freeman stepping down from coaching, but will remain at UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kevin Freeman stepping down from coaching, but will remain at UConn

Reaction Score
Wife-It is what it is-Still contributing to the Program

Do what you gotta do

Reaction Score
How annoyed is Some Guy that he tweeted the news 9 minutes after Slater?
19FD9F1D-2009-4F5D-AE6A-1ADE162F4B2F.png

To the other guys credit...he did break the news about him staying with the program and his new role which was well needed if you were following the slater news in real time.

Reaction Score
Kentucky has a new job titled Special Assistant to Head Coach/Recruiting Coordinator for Jai Lucas. Wonder if it's something like that.
Aka recruit transfer transaction asst

Reaction Score
I suspect Dave would certainly take the rehab image assistant job and Dan would love it too. They seemed chummy during the BET
I don’t think It will be Leitao, I think Hurley will go another route bringing in one of “his” guys. I would not mind if he did in fact hire Leitao though. Im pretty sure it’s been brought up on here recently how some fans would like Hurley to have somebody on staff to play the George Blaney role. Leitao would be a really good fit to play that role if DH wanted to go that route.

Reaction Score
I don’t think It will be Leitao, I think Hurley will go another route bringing in one of “his” guys. I would not mind if he did in fact hire Leitao though. Im pretty sure it’s been brought up on here recently how some fans would like Hurley to have somebody on staff to play the George Blaney role. Leitao would be a really good fit to play that role if DH wanted to go that route.
Luke Murray is my betting fav at the moment. No buyout to be paid. He’s there for the taking.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So instead of traveling around recruiting all the time, he's going to make six figures to chill out and show off his national championship ring while he hangs out with rich alumni who worship him. Yeah this move is starting to make a lot of sense.
And the rich alumni happen to be many of the with whom is already friends. Geno had to press Elliot to give up the gig. She liked it and by all reports was very good at it.

Reaction Score
I think the assistant is all but hired at this point. My money is on Murray or Blaney at Providence.

Reaction Score
I don’t get the feeling here that good UConn player automatically equals good UConn coach. I will always love KFree but I’m not sure I ever saw easily visible promise in coaching or recruiting from him. You could see what Hobbs did to the guards. It was apparent. Sometimes it’s just not a fit though.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don’t get the feeling here that good UConn player automatically equals good UConn coach. I will always love KFree but I’m not sure I ever saw easily visible promise in coaching or recruiting from him. You could see what Hobbs did to the guards. It was apparent. Sometimes it’s just not a fit though.
What was KFree's role? FWIW UConn was second only to Georgetown in rebounding last year in the BE.

Reaction Score
I was shocked no one else had dunked the alley oop yet.

41 minutes had gone by.
I saw it seconds after he posted but wanted to give you a few minutes to jump on it. Then forgot

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
To be fair, even Tyrese Martin could’ve made that layup. I audibly gasped when I saw that someone took the bait.
Credit me with the assist then... I’ve been on the internet more than a hot minute lol

Reaction Score
This shows weak character on Freeman's part. Hurley and UCONN bring him in from Penn State, and then a request to be demoted after less than a year on the job while still cashing in at a made-up desk job by the program. What a deal.

Say no to Jersey.

This is why you say no to basketball mercenaries. They cheapen everything to becoming a fast food enterprise.

The NCAA needs to be revamped from top to bottom with stricter rules and regulations on both coaches and players. Destructive policies are leading to instability and chaos in college basketball.

#DaggerTreyTy

Reaction Score
This shows weak character on Freeman's part. Hurley and UCONN bring him in from Penn State, and then a request to be demoted after less than a year on the job while still cashing in at a made-up desk job by the program. What a deal.

Say no to Jersey.

This is why you say no to basketball mercenaries. They cheapen everything to becoming a fast food enterprise.

The NCAA needs to be revamped from top to bottom with stricter rules and regulations on both coaches and players. Destructive policies are leading to instability and chaos in college basketball.

#DaggerTreyTy

It is truly impressive how consistently awful your posts are.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score

Say no to Jersey.

#DaggerTreyTy

Or maybe he wanted to spend more time with his young kids. I don't think being a good dad and husband is weak.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom