Kenya Hunter hired as Assistant Coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kenya Hunter hired as Assistant Coach

Reaction Score
Well i am very conflicted by this news.
But.. Uconn just got one of the best recruiters in the B1G that was literally responsible for getting every good player that Nebraska has that I can remember.. Copeland, Thomas Allen, James Palmer Jr., Terran Petteway, Xavier Johnson, and many more that I am sure forgetting.

He is absolutely huge in the Maryland/Virginia area of getting players.

Reaction Score
I read last week that our staff was already set :).

Tremendous hire. Will do wonders at UConn, and his work ethic is incredible.

I have heard complimentary things from kids and other coaches.

It's a good sign when Big 10 coaches are jumping on board. Speaks to the brand of UConn.

Reaction Score
But.. Uconn just got one of the best recruiters in the B1G that was literally responsible for getting every good player that Nebraska has that I can remember.. Copeland, Thomas Allen, James Palmer Jr., Terran Petteway, Xavier Johnson, and many more that I am sure forgetting.

Not to mention, he has had some great game plans where the Huskers win a big game and then Tim Miles says, "S/O to Kenya for the great defensive scout/gameplan"..

Remember when Nebraska beat Michigan by 20 earlier this season? Kenya was in charge of the game plan

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Yeah man it sucks for UNL but let’s be honest- Miles needs to go and if this helps that happen then it’s good for the long term of Nebrasketball

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, lots of good news.

One thought, I had is this part of a master plan - to either go back to the BE for MBB or position us as an East Coast part of another conference’s footprint?

I'm quite certain Hurley didn't give that one thought when hiring his staff. Conference is out of his control, so he's not focusing on it.

He picked guys who can both coach and recruit, guys for whom the first thing out of evaluators mouths is 'hard working'.

Interesting that he went for guys with strong east coast roots, but are currently located out west and whose head coaches aren't in the most stable spot. Doubt that's a coincidence.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Really love the staff and how laser focused Dan Hurley seems to be. He seems to really know what he wants and then he goes out and gets it. Nevermind if he has to hire guys away from Big Ten schools, he goes and gets them.

Reaction Score
Yeah but as I said in another thread he’s 23 and it’s been thought for a long time he will either go pro overseas or go back to Nebraska.
I don’t see why it would matter if he transfers or not. He won’t be sitting out a year for transferring. There’s no extra incentive for returning to Nebraska than there would be for doing a grad year at a program of his choosing.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Even forgetting the Lecque pipe dream, we can still make a solid 2018 class to build on. Get Copeland, Isaiah Washington/Thomas Allen as a transfer, and one other true freshman if they’re worth it. And that’s a solid foundation to build on moving forward.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Repost: This is a pretty sweet staff. The resumes of these guys are really strong.

The emphasis on strong recruiting AND player development (actual coaching) is in stark contrast to the previous staff. And I liked those guys.

Hurley locks down the Eastern Seaboard as planned. So far, everything Hurley mentioned as a priority, things he said he would do, he's done.

Heck, we even got 'continuity' and 'family' with Tom Moore, for the guys who are into that. I do think it's a nice bridge to the past, and helps Hurley navigate the transition.
So true. Having at least one Calhoun guy was important to me and others. Happy for Moore. Looks like we have a good staff.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, lots of good news.

One thought, I had is this part of a master plan - to either go back to the BE for MBB or position us as an East Coast part of another conference’s footprint?

That is completely unfair to give us hope like that Cheif!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
So true. Having at least one Calhoun guy was important to me and others. Happy for Moore. Looks like we have a good staff.

Kfree still might be retained in some capacity. Could very well be as part of the AD, as I recall he has some interest in that area, and in turn, they were also quite high on him.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That is completely unfair to give us hope like that Cheif!

Chief out here chiefin' on that one.

peace_pipe_5692.jpg

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I don’t see why it would matter if he transfers or not. He won’t be sitting out a year for transferring. There’s no extra incentive for returning to Nebraska than there would be for doing a grad year at a program of his choosing.

i mean sure you're right but its just a matter of him being comfortable with Nebraska and his role and whatnot. The latest is that he's leaning towards going pro regardless of where that may be (which is why I keep putting his age out there).

Could he transfer? Sure. Its just not something that has been mentioned at all as it relates to him or Palmer. I think you're more likely to see one of Xavier Johnson/Thomas Allen leave for another college than Palmer or Copeland

Reaction Score
Great hire as we needed a strong recruiter in the DMV area. I'm totally psyched by the staff and can't wait to see results of this staff.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Really love the staff and how laser focused Dan Hurley seems to be. He seems to really know what he wants and then he goes out and gets it. Nevermind if he has to hire guys away from Big Ten schools, he goes and gets them.
He reminds me of the honey badger.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Just get him a designated driver and you good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom