OT: - Kentucky Fan on Calipari | The Boneyard

OT: Kentucky Fan on Calipari

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Dewey Good

I write fiction. I couldn't come up with that name in 10 years.
This one's coming up on its 100th anniversary...
Screenshot_20221218-155100.png

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
They somehow hate calipari more than the rest of us do. With that buyout, they must be praying for a for cause violation which just became much tougher to get with all the NIL and independent committee stuff…lol

Can’t imagine he will given all the money but would love if cal slunk off somewhere at the end of the year and we got another crack at Justin Edwards.

Reaction Score
Contrast that rant to the Butler fans. That is exactly what they were like after they lost to us in the Semi game in Houston. Unfortunately, I did not get to see their reaction in Dallas in 2014. They must have lost their collective mind!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The way Kentucky fans act like their program is sacred will always bother me. Like it’s impossible to lose games if you’re Kentucky. I hate to break it to buddy, but you’re one bad hire away from irrelevancy, just like every other one time elite program. I’d be careful sending Cal to greener pastures.

Reaction Score
The way Kentucky fans act like their program is sacred will always bother me. Like it’s impossible to lose games if you’re Kentucky. I hate to break it to buddy, but you’re one bad hire away from irrelevancy, just like every other one time elite program. I’d be careful sending Cal to greener pastures.
They don't remember how bad they were before Cal with Billy Gillespie. I think Cal is good for the game because he is at a Blueblood and he is either liked or hated. I hated him more when he was at UMass in the 90s when UConn and UMass were in the top 10. Seeing UMass get to the Final Four in 1996 after UConn got bounced in the Sweet 16 hurt. Remember, UConn never had a final four appearance in their house to that point. Also the getting Marcus Camby out of Hartford was tough. Now look at how irrelevant UMass has since Cal left.

Reaction Score
He is not and ever has been a good game coach. Never forget 2014 title game we are up 6 with about 45 seconds to go he wouldn’t foul because he said we never miss. At UMass his best offense was offensive rebounding.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Calipari is a dinosaur. All of his prior success involved cheating, hence the fact that all of his pre-Kentucky Final Fours have been vacated. No one at Kentucky or the SEC cares that he cheats, and the SEC has the muscle to protect him from the NCAA despite the fact that he is obviously paying his players. Despite these massive advantages, he has exactly ONE National Championship to show for it, and has not even made a Final Four since 2015.

But now we are in an NIL and Transfer Portal world, where every program can pay legally their players, and it is easy for players to jump to another program when they get sick of Cal's lousy coaching. Kentucky is going to fade to irrelevancy unless it finds a new coach. Auburn is going through the same process with its arch-scumbag coach, but it doesn't have Kentucky's pedigree so its descent is steeper. It couldn't happen to two nicer programs.

Reaction Score
They somehow hate calipari more than the rest of us do. With that buyout, they must be praying for a for cause violation which just became much tougher to get with all the NIL and independent committee stuff…lol

Can’t imagine he will given all the money but would love if cal slunk off somewhere at the end of the year and we got another crack at Justin Edwards.
I’d figure UK would be the model for NIL but it’s not a hustle if it’s legal(er)

Reaction Score
I’m a die hard Uconn fan. I’m from Kentucky though. I’m not surprised at all lol. A lot of people where I’m from is over Cal already. He can recruit, but he can’t coach. Women where I’m from is just as passionate about UK basketball as men are in Kentucky.

Reaction Score
I always wonder if he didn't win that one championship if he'd be gone already. UK fans do seem to be close to wanting him out.

I'll post this again that I posted a few months ago which gives some insight of where UK fans are with Calipari.

Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari woke up Thursday and decided to publicly make the case for his program to get a new practice facility. So he talked with The Athletic's Kyle Tucker, explained how he had to stop a recent workout because the roof was leaking in the 15-year-old Joe Craft Center, and eventually said the following: "This is a basketball school. It's always been that. Alabama is a football school. So is Georgia. I mean, they are. No disrespect to our football team. I hope they win 10 games and go to bowls. At the end of the day, that makes my job easier, and it makes the job of all of us easier. But this is a basketball school. And so we need to keep moving in that direction and keep doing what we're doing."

It took less than two hours for UK football coach Mark Stoops to respond.

And most UK fans seemed to side with Stoops!

Did you ever think you'd see the day?

There are a million different places I could take this column from here -- but the most interesting thing from Thursday is how it served as the latest bit of evidence of just how dramatically things have flipped on Calipari at Kentucky.

Reaction Score

Maybe an assistant coaching position at Iona will open up.

Reaction Score
He is not and ever has been a good game coach. Never forget 2014 title game we are up 6 with about 45 seconds to go he wouldn’t foul because he said we never miss. At UMass his best offense was offensive rebounding.
And he was right.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Bless the callers heart but the expression “get your butt whooped” doesn’t have the same impact in the Northeast as it does in the Midwest.

Reaction Score
Kentucky people are so stupid they forget where they were before calipari took the job. And that's where they will be when he leaves.
As much as I dislike Kentucky I have to respectfully disagree. Kentucky might have down years with a coaching change. But because they are a huge, passionate, fan base that has been that way for 70+ years they’ll always do whatever it takes to get back to prominence. They aren’t UMass.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom