Kentucky Center Decommitts | The Boneyard

Kentucky Center Decommitts

Reaction Score
I think any 5* recruits at least deserves a call from "the bluest of the blue bloods"..... UConn.

FYI, I literally spit out my water when I heard the Squid utter those words in his goodbye video. Hilarious and dillusional. I think that lack of reality might explain his lack of success.

Reaction Score
I think any 5* recruits at least deserves a call from "the bluest of the blue bloods"..... UConn.

FYI, I literally spit out my water when I heard the Squid utter those words in his goodbye video. Hilarious and dillusional. I think that lack of reality might explain his lack of success.
No, He's right. That's exactly why they land the best recruits year after year. They are a lot like Uconn; Kentucky like Connecticut has no professional Sports of note. They've won titles with 3 coaches in the last 30 years. Their fans and Alumni love and support their program. The problem was that the Squid was not the "bluest of blue" Coaches, while Hurly has ascended into one.

Reaction Score
I just have no interest in 5* centers. They're the 1st round fantasy RBs of recruits. If it works out, they're unstoppable. But way too often they miss and then bolt to league based on potential and measurables and you're left with nothing.

Reaction Score
Cal said he focused on offense last year because his players couldn't play defense.

Contrast with Castle saying he couldn't play defense when he got to UConn because his high school coach didn't ask him to play defense. Yet somehow, in his freshman year with DH he becomes one of the best defense players in the country.

HHHmmmmmmm. Maybe the problem was Cal didn't (or couldn't) teach his players to play defense.

Reaction Score
Cal isn’t a developer he’s an agent. The whole I’ll get you 5* guys to the league shows you how ridiculous the recruits themselves are. He literally just kept them from getting drafted out if high school for a decade. What top 10 high schoolers weren’t getting drafted anyway? It was snake oil.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I just have no interest in 5* centers. They're the 1st round fantasy RBs of recruits. If it works out, they're unstoppable. But way too often they miss and then bolt to league based on potential and measurables and you're left with nothing.
I thought I would have to troll you into a post like this, but you did it all by yourself.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
ha! Give me 4* centers we can develop for 2-3 years is my ideal (or a senior transfer).

So put off winning to develop players…? Wut

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
^^This guy gets it

Reaction Score
Castle is most likely a one and done. So if the recruit does play to the style and benefits the team and not just himself, I'd say get him.

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth Quaintance reclassified and is so young that he will not be eligible to enter the draft until after his sophomore year. With that being said, I think a reclassified freshman and Johnson would present a lot of downside at the 5 compared to a stud from the portal.

Reaction Score
Sleepers media reported St. Louis, Illinois, Indiana, Duke and Uconn have been mentioned. Take that with a grain of salt.
Did they say UConn was mentioned? I thought they were just tossing out ideas. I was only half paying attention while watching my son though.

Reaction Score
So put off winning to develop players…? Wut
That's what the bench is for. It's gotta be a rotation. Donovan is a 2nd year player. Samson is a 3rd year player. Sanogo was a 3rd year player.

You don't win with most of the 5* freshmen bigs.

Here are the 247 composite 5* freshmen bigs (at least 6'10" or at least 230 lbs) for the last 3 years, their PPG, and their team's tourny seed/finish (* if they left the team after the season):
Aaron Bradshaw - 4.9ppg, 3 seed/R64*
Omaha Bilew - 2.4 ppg, 2 seed/S16*
Xavier Booker - 3.7 ppg, 9 seed/R32
Kwame Evans - 7.3 ppg, 11 seed/R32
Sean Stewart - 2.6 ppg, 4 seed/E8
Dereck Lively - 5.2 ppg, 5 seed/R32*
Kyle Filipowski - 15.1 ppg, 5 seed/R32
Kel'el Ware - 6.6 ppg, no tourny*
Adem Bona - 7.7 ppg, 2 seed/S16
Yohan Traore - 2.1 ppg, 9 seed/R32*
Vincent Iwuchukwu - 5.4 ppg, 10 seed/R64
Chet Holmgren - 14.1 ppg, 1 seed/S16*
Paolo Banchero - 17.2 ppg, 2 seed/F4*
Jalen Duren - 12 ppg, 9 seed/R32*
Jabari Smith - 16.9 ppg, 2 seed/R32*
Moussa Diabate - 9 ppg, 9 seed/S16*
Brandon Huntley-Hatfield - 3.9 ppg, 3 seed/R32*
Efton Reid - 6.3 ppg, 6 seed, R64*
Nathan Bittle - 1.7 ppg, no tourny

So 19 guys, 2 made the Elite 8 and one of those guys was a bench guy who got less than 10 minutes per game.

That's why I made the first round RB analogy. If you get a Chet/Paolo/Jabari/Filipowski, then it works out (to an extent), especially Filipowski since he came back for year 2. But there are 8 guys (and up to 10 depending on Evans and Booker) on this list that averaged less than 10 ppg and then left the team after the season. So they were mostly bad and then didn't even develop to be good later. Mostly disasters. Of the other 3 guys that came back after scoring less than 10, only Bona really made strides and lived up to his potential.

It's a more than 50% landmine rate with like a 25% hit rate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom