Kemba on the Knicks | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kemba on the Knicks

Reaction Score
1506FEC6-5D96-41C7-9F2A-5DC6021F37C9.jpeg

Reaction Score
Kemba’s defense is terrible, if he isn’t making shots he’s useless. That was and still is the problem. He’s not clearly our(the knicks) best option at the moment as quickly, Rose, and McBride are significantly better defenders and in a nightly basis we’re pretty much on par offensively. Thibs handled it wrong with Kemba, but Kemba ain’t some martyr. He wasn’t good for the most of this season. He’s been very inconsistent. He’s probably a backup at this point.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Kemba’s defense is terrible, if he isn’t making shots he’s useless. That was and still is the problem. He’s not clearly our(the knicks) best option at the moment as quickly, Rose, and McBride are significantly better defenders and in a nightly basis we’re pretty much on par offensively. Thibs handled it wrong with Kemba, but Kemba ain’t some martyr. He wasn’t good for the most of this season. He’s been very inconsistent. He’s probably a backup at this point.
Big diff between probably a back up and not even on the bench for warmups. I was a Knick fan until the dope started owning them. Then I could careless. Then the team I could careless about added Kemba and they became interesting again. Now with Kemba on the bench I could care less. What has "Thibs" won? Nothing.

Reaction Score
Big diff between probably a back up and not even on the bench for warmups. I was a Knick fan until the dope started owning them. Then I could careless. Then the team I could careless about added Kemba and they became interesting again. Now with Kemba on the bench I could care less. What has "Thibs" won? Nothing.
He’s won more than Kemba in the NBA

Reaction Score
The Knicks defense as a whole had been pretty bad. They get beat off the dribble far too much. They made a poor offensive team in Washington look very good last night. Also saying McBride is borderline on par with Kemba is almost blasphemous. Kemba has the best PER on the team of players who play starters minutes.

Reaction Score
The Knicks defense as a whole had been pretty bad. They get beat off the dribble far too much. They made a poor offensive team in Washington look very good last night. Also saying McBride is borderline on par with Kemba is almost blasphemous. Kemba has the best PER on the team of players who play starters minutes.
I didn’t say he is. I said in terms of night to night production they’ve all been about equal offensively. Kemba has nights where he gets hot. But they aren’t consistent. +\- means damn near ZERO to me. I don’t think Kemba is the problem. But he was A problem

Reaction Score
Ahh there are those who play in the NBA and then there are those who coach in the NBA. Ya think there might be a difference?
Not when it comes to knowing what it takes to win.

Reaction Score
The question is “has he earned playing time over Rose and Quickley, or at the expense of McBride’s development?” And that answer is No. If he performs the way he has gone last 3 games, sure. But let’s not act like Rose, Quickley, and burks hadn’t been better options up until that point. This roster isn’t constructed to hide kembas deficiencies. It doesn’t mean he’s washed. It means he’s a bad fit

Reaction Score
I didn’t say he is. I said in terms of night to night production they’ve all been about equal offensively. Kemba has nights where he gets hot. But they aren’t consistent. +\- means damn near ZERO to me. I don’t think Kemba is the problem. But he was A problem
McBride has played 10 games. He has like 1 impressive game from what i’ve seen. Players go thru slumps, Kemba certainly did. Cutting his minutes/having him come off the bench would’ve sufficed. Removing him from the rotation was far too drastic, and i’m sure with the respect he has in the locker room, it affected his teammates.

Reaction Score
He’s won more than Kemba in the NBA
Thibs coached to the East Conf finals once and lost, his teams have lost in 1st round 4 times...his overall playoff record is 25-36 (.410)

Kemba made the East Conf finals once with Boston and lost...his overall playoff record is 14-17 (.452)

Thibs had some regular season success in Chicago with talented teams but when it mattered in playoffs he usually disappointed.

Kemba was stuck on a bad Charlotte team for years and dragged them to the playoffs a couple of times.

Not sure what Thibs has done to say he's won more than Kemba.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He’s probably a backup at this point.

Not sure what you're really arguing then, cuz the outrage is about his complete removal from the rotation. If they had him come off the bench no one would have questioned that. He was basically playing back up minutes when he was starting anyway, and wasn't necessarily closing games.

Reaction Score
Not sure what you're really arguing then, cuz the outrage is about his complete removal from the rotation. If they had him come off the bench no one would have questioned that. He was basically playing back up minutes when he was starting anyway, and wasn't necessarily closing games.
Okay put him on the bench. Who’s minutes does he take Rose,Quickley, or burks? None.

But I get it, expecting the boneyard to be objective about Kemba is a tall task at best.

Reaction Score
The best defense is a good offense and when Kemba is healthy and on his game, he puts the opponent back on his heels.

Reaction Score
Okay put him on the bench. Who’s minutes does he take Rose,Quickley, or burks? None.

But I get it, expecting the boneyard to be objective about Kemba is a tall task at best.
Dear lord....Rose is out 2 months, Burks is streaky and can disappear...Kemba is playing the next 2 months regardless and then see what happens.

Reaction Score

He’s literally better than all 3 of those guys lol. Rose is the only one who had a better career but then got injured and has made a nice comeback for his career but isn’t better now and hasn’t been for awhile. Those other two.. haha

Last edited:
Reaction Score

D Rose is the only one who plays primarily PG

Reaction Score
He’s literally better than all 3 of those guys lol. Rose is the only one who had a better career but then got injured and has made a nice comeback for his career but isn’t better now and hasn’t been for awhile. Those other two.. haha
All around? Hell no. It’s clear you don’t watch. Defensively those guys are significantly better than Kemba

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom