Karaban Report Card To Date | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Karaban Report Card To Date

Reaction Score
Back when i was a freshman at Uconn I went to the field house and watched Uconn beat someone. But what I remember most about the game was this guy Nadav Henefeld. His basketball IQ was off the charts yet he was a dangerous shooter and scorer. I walked out of the gym saying that guy is our best player. When I saw Karaban early this season that is exactly the same thought. Love his overall game.

Reaction Score
Stud, could potentially be one of the best in college hoops by his Jr. year.

Reaction Score
Completely agree on all these points
It's an A. Effecient, smart, improving rapidly. It was obvious what he'd be at this level for anyone who watched him in high school.

Things I want him to work on this summer to go from very good to great, and hopefully elite by junior year:
  • S&C. He's never going to be Andre, but maximizing his speed and strength will be important. Right now, he has solid footwork on screens but just isn't fast enough to get open the way we need him to. Will help him continue to grow as an asset on defense.
  • Diversify his shot creation. Not being able to create his own shot with the dribble is limiting him. He's really good at finding space for a catch and shoot
  • Layups off 1 foot. Ideally on both sides. He gets blocked a lot because he jump-stops even before a layup in transition. He never, ever (ever) takes layups on the run. He's already good at thing rim--this will take him to great.
I've said it in other threads, but I really believe he'll be a 15/6/3 kind of player next season and make a push for an all-conference selection if he has a good off-seaso

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The best compliment you can give him, is you forget he’s a freshman during the games.

If he’s gonna make that jump to 15+ ppg scorer that people are projecting, he’s gonna need to develop the “Tyrese Martin” driving package, cause he doesn’t have the explosion or wiggle to get by his man. That’s mostly how he drove in High school. Attacking close outs will also be an interesting tool if he can add it.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
My Karaban 'Fanboy' post I quoted was from August 8th.
Those thoughts were my expectations that I'm evaluating against, and here are Karaban's measurables to see what he delivered.
952 minutes in 33 games = 28.8 minutes per game (is greater than even I expected and shows what staff thinks)
35-42 from the line for 83.3% (3-5 in 1 game but I don't recall the misses were consecutive)
58-142 from 3 for 40.8% from 3 (0-3 twice, 1-7 once vs Butler where he likely did miss 4 in a row, (forgiven))
1x 0 RB, 3x 1 RB, All other games >=3RB with 2 games of 8 RB (has delivered more than Polley on the boards)
37 total Turnovers (0 Turnovers in 8 games, 2 games with 3 turnovers, 0 games with more than 3 turnovers = good ball security)
59 total Assists is nearly 2 per game with a positive assist/TO ratio from the 4 spot
Chosen frequently to inbound the ball against end of game pressure D by opponents
Has recently started taking the ball hard to the rim a couple times per game
Has drastically improved 1x1 isolation defense in second games so we are not seeing that strategy in obvious way anymore
Clutch game winning shots in crunch time since Seton Hall
Karaban Caravan NIL products
Excellent insightful @gwhuskyfan interviews
Freshman of the week several times
Tons of Boneyard Love

Solid 'A' to 'A+'
Thank you Alex, and thanks in advance for a Natty
In three years when we are in full Karaban 3 > Olander 2 > Boeheim 1 mode, you will still have all authority to reference the original post.

That being said, find us another!

A to Alex. A+ if he got the last shot last night :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom