Kansas Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Kansas Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Kansas is not that good.. Maybe top 10.. We're at about top 5. We should not get too ahead of ourselves. Playing at the Phog was the best expreience, but we have a long way to go.

Reaction Score
Tristen made the right play at the end of the game. Got our best shooter an open corner 3. Yes, Cam had an injury plagued day, but that’s the right decision. Especially when they hedged the screen at the top of the key.
How do I dislike this?? Cam was awful tonight and never should have been the one taking the last shot. Tristen needed to create there.

Reaction Score
Didn’t have a TO to call. But Tristen should have found a way to take that last shot. Cam had ZERO chance of making that shot.
Zero chance, huh? I’m fine with the shot. Might’ve preferred we try to attack the basket but Cam was open and it’s a shot he usually hits. He gritted his way through the game, would’ve loved to see him hit it.

Reaction Score
people claiming moral victory are getting a false sense of security from a heroic performance by Newton.

without that, this was an ugly game by us.
It’s fine we’ll beat UNC by 20 apparently

Reaction Score
How do I dislike this?? Cam was awful tonight and never should have been the one taking the last shot. Tristen needed to create there.
Just hold the like button and make an angry face.

Tristen was doubled at the top of the key…would you have preferred a forced shot, or a pass to Diarra?

Reaction Score
I'm a big Hurley supporter. But his team wasn't ready to play. It happens. Hope he learned something.

Reaction Score
:
Credit to the team for getting to a 4 pt lead after being down 12 in the 1st half... Great effort... BUT, the defense on McCullough at the end was nonnexistant...Cam and AK 3-14 from 3...yikes! Who wudda thunk it?

Reaction Score
drunk saturday night live GIF
Kansas isnt trash this was their B game but its pretty clear they got our D game and still were a late Spencer 3 from losing. He hits that and its likely they lose. Im not so much bothered by the loss as i am absolutely disappointed in Clingan and Karaban moreso Karaban. Clingan is still not 100% but Karaban still cant guard a chair and was so passive and struggling with his shot. I hope this game was a wake up call for him.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I have no idea what how I wrote relates to being a first rouns pick or not.

I don't think Alex will be drafted in the first round ever. Love the guy but not built for the league IMO.
I think (and love) that we may have him for 4 years.

Reaction Score
Let’s be honest. This stings. But it’s the hardest atmosphere to play in all of college hoops under Self era. Plus it was our FIRST away game of the season.

Some of y’all need to settle f down.

This team played through adversity and it will help come conference play.

Another big one on Tuesday at MSG. That should be friendly despite the potential injuries sustained tonight.

Reaction Score
1. Too many injuries
2. Too many missed FTs
3. Just enough bad calls (I don't care if that makes me look like a bad fan)

It is impressive that we kept it close.

Reaction Score
And Karaban and Clingan no shows. Newton was incredible. One of the best single big game performances ive ever seen in a Uconn uniform.
The combo of Karaban and Clingan underperforming is a mild trend to keep an eye on. Both seem to have no idea how to creat their own shot.

I love both players been they need to add some more moves to the aresnal

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
And Karaban and Clingan no shows. Newton was incredible. One of the best single big game performances ive ever seen in a Uconn uniform.

End of the first half and the entire second half Clingan played great. They hawked Karaban which is something all teams are going to do.

We need an inside presence from the 4 or 5

Reaction Score
:
Credit to the team for getting to a 4 pt lead after being down 12 in the 1st half... Great effort... BUT, the defense on McCullough at the end was nonnexistant...Cam and AK 3-14 from 3...yikes! Who wudda thunk it?
Ive thunk it. I was on here warning people about AK but it was the "well he just had an off game". He has not looked good the last couple of games. Not just with his shot but poor decisions and bad defense which just seems to be who he is. I think he simply has trouble dealing with athleticsm and starts to rush and panic causing the poor play and fouls. Not good.

Reaction Score
9/14 from 3. The guy that was 4-16 from the line goes 6-9. McCullar less than 30% from 3, hits 3-4. Dickinson hits 3-4 from 3.

Let me know when they do that again this year.
Okay but Newton was under 30 percent and went 6-9. Big time players come to play in big games. We only had one come to play. They had 3.

Reaction Score
The combo of Karaban and Clingan underperforming is a mild trend to keep an eye on. Both seem to have no idea how to creat their own shot.

I love both players been they need to add some more moves to the aresnal
I respectfully disagree. Clingan just looks sluggish and Karaban struggles with athletes and just wasnt aggressive offensively and add that his shot just looks off and no bueno. I do admit his shot did look a bit better. Didnt have that weird wind up.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
There should be no excuses for close games when entering the big east. This game and then at Gonzaga will be great prep to close out games with leads when playing away

Reaction Score
I think it's fair to say that Tristen is our best player. Wonder if he can get close to the top 5 points scored in a season for us.
Highly doubtful. Too many options on offense. Plus we've had a bunch of guys average over 20 ppg and Newton won't do that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom