Kansas Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Kansas Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Hurley can’t win close games. He’s something like 2-23 now. This is a pattern and it’s not acceptable. On the bright side, if Castle had played we probably win by 10.
Totally unacceptable to recruit and build NBA talent and win a National Championship in 6 years. What a loser.

Reaction Score
Karaban 's offense is off of catch and shoot 3s, Texas game notwithstanding. Kansas's pressure and switching negated a lot of that.
Exactly. He needs to expand his game to be more impactful

Reaction Score
I should add the one thing I’m worried about is the freshmen. Solo looks unsure on offense. And Stewart and Ross weren’t able to get in the game. We’re going to need some contributions from these guys.

Once Castle gets back, we’re probably only going 8 deep - with Solo, Samson and Hassan off the bench. Would be nice to have a shooter off the bench.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
UNC is a must win. Quasi home game. Should be ready to go
A "must win"? You must have really been on the ledge with the way we started in the Big East last season. Turns out we were pretty good after all.

Reaction Score
The number vehemently disagree with you. The eye test does as well.
Share the numbers please, could be wrong, especially for the overall season. But the eye test this game showed me that Samson was better for the offense this game. And regarding numbers, Samson was +1 in his minutes today while Clingan was team worst -8.

Reaction Score
Let's not forget Samson getting tackled and the ref not calling a foul.

But we can blame the refs all we want, our leading scorer didn't deliver, we missed free throws and one of our starters followed out, I think it's safe to say that UConn lost this game but knowing Hurley he will take everything about this loss and fix it

Reaction Score
How is it Hurley’s fault? They didn’t call a timeout. Tristen decided to pass on his own. I wish he kept the ball, or passed it earlier to have a chance to get it back.

That said, also somewhat impressive that Tristen while having such a monster game has the confidence in Cam to share the ball.

For sure... Don't think we had any TOs and TN found an open guy. Just wish there was a way to get Tristan a look as Cam had no shot at hitting that with his foot. He was short on everything all game.

Reaction Score
Can’t ask for much more- wide open 3 to win from a guy shooting 50% from the three line- just short- great job UConn!
I thought UConn took too long to get that last play going. Wish we had a Hawkins this year who could get off a shot in a millisecond from anywhere. Huge game from Tristen!

Reaction Score
How is it Hurley’s fault? They didn’t call a timeout. Tristen decided to pass on his own. I wish he kept the ball, or passed it earlier to have a chance to get it back.

That said, also somewhat impressive that Tristen while having such a monster game has the confidence in Cam to share the ball.
Didn’t have a TO to call. But Tristen should have found a way to take that last shot. Cam had ZERO chance of making that shot.

Reaction Score
Backcourt is a work in the progress. This wasn't unexpected. Kansas has active, rangy wings which was going to cause problems.

Reaction Score
We really could use Stewart or Ross to gain Hurleys trust. They are both athletic and have good size. He is the HC and I trust there is a reason they are not playing, but our success long term depends on one of the wings to pick it up and play well enough in practice to earn pt.
Well that’s on them to do that and not Hurley…

Reaction Score
If he's a 1st round pick.

Has to shoot better. Especially when he is a defensive liability.

I have no idea what how I wrote relates to being a first rouns pick or not.

I don't think Alex will be drafted in the first round ever. Love the guy but not built for the league IMO.

Reaction Score
We’re not very deep. Samson and Diarra only. Ball is not close to being a starter

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Kansas is trash. All the home cooking and the slow start was too much to overcome. Some guys could also play better. Anyways, I’m drunk, signing off from the west coast. We are still top dogs
drunk saturday night live GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom