Kadary Richmond Transferring | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Kadary Richmond Transferring

Reaction Score
Yeah I think Lundy fills a lot of 3/4 minutes that we have a hole at. 60 minutes between Martin/Jackson/Lundy at the 3/4 is what I'm hoping for
the other 20 to akok?
that would roughly break down frontcourt rotation as:
SF- aj (20) martin (20)
PF- akok (20) lundy (20)
C- sanogo (30) johnson (10)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
stretch 4 potential?

almost 40% from 3 as a frosh but on low volume
32% last year but over 80% from the line
Yeah I like his stroke more than the 32% would indicate, and if you watch any tape on him, you’d see pretty quickly he has a lot more touch than our forwards showed this year (excluding Polley). He’d be a nice complimentary piece IMO.

To put it simply: He lacks what we have a lot of and has something we’re missing.

Reaction Score
I like Lundy personally and would be happy to have him.

I was pretty down on Lundy initially just because of the drop in 3P% this season, but on second look, he dropped 32 on NCAA Tourney team VCU, 31 v. Maryland, 26 v. Ohio State, and 23 v. Seton Hall and did so efficiently this season.

Only two guys on UConn this season scored that much in general (Bouk / Polley) and only one of those guys did it against a NCAA Tournament team.

From looking at each of his box scores, it looks like he was peaking in December / January and then almost fell out of favor for one reason or another in February.

There could really be something here but I am curious how his production dropped off so much that he basically became Polley by the end of the year (multiple games of 15-18 minutes and <5 points).

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
There would be a lot of great reasons to get Richmond, but the best might be that Syracuse fans said they wanted him over AJ anyways when AJ decided to come to UConn and they got Richmond as a result.

If we ultimately end up with both, it would be hilarious.

Either way, Syracuse won’t have either on their roster next season ?

Reaction Score
the other 20 to akok?
that would roughly break down frontcourt rotation as:
SF- aj (20) martin (20)
PF- akok (20) lundy (20)
C- sanogo (30) johnson (10)
I think either Hawkins will play the 3 sometimes, or we’ll be using some three-guard lineups. AJ and Martin seems almost certain to play the 4 at times.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
There would be a lot of great reasons to get Richmond, but the best might be that Syracuse fans said they wanted him over AJ anyways when AJ decided to come to UConn and they got Richmond as a result.

If we ultimately end up with both, it would be hilarious.

Either way, Syracuse won’t have either on their roster next season ?

Yeah I’m not gonna front, that is 100% a factor for me.

But then I realize he’d be the best creator on the roster as well, and he wasn’t awful from 3 last year either.

Reaction Score
Can't help but wonder if we really have a shot with Richmond since we decided we wanted someone more than him and basically stopped recruiting him. Must bruise the ego a little bit.

Reaction Score
I know it's not asking much, but if DH can pull off Richmond, Mitchell and Locke, put us down for the Final Four.
Anything less than that? He's got to go.
Why would we want Richmond? I’ve watched him... he’s got potential, but as far as point guards go he couldn’t put the ball in the hoop from point blank. We already have 3 point guards. We need a high usage shooting guard, Mitchell would be also ideal. Don’t care about the last spot as much, probably should be left open if Whaley returns. Mitchell + Locke are my only wants.

Reaction Score
Can't help but wonder if we really have a shot with Richmond since we decided we wanted someone more than him and basically stopped recruiting him. Must bruise the ego a little bit.

This just isn't true. It was Jackson or Kadary because they're both SFs. Jackson committed first. Turns out Kadary is PG than anything else, so this second time around we can recruit him for a totally different spot than we intended to.

Reaction Score
Why would we want Richmond? I’ve watched him... he’s got potential, but as far as point guards go he couldn’t put the ball in the hoop from point blank. We already have 3 point guards. We need a high usage shooting guard, Mitchell would be also ideal. Don’t care about the last spot as much, probably should be left open if Whaley returns. Mitchell + Locke are my only wants.
Who on our team can get into the paint to break down a defense? Our offense became unwatchable at time last season beacause when Bouk went out, we had no one who could consistently break his man down and get into the paint. If we don't find one of those guys next season will be hard to watch from the offensive end of the court

Reaction Score
Who on our team can get into the paint to break down a defense? Our offense became unwatchable at time last season beacause when Bouk went out, we had no one who could consistently break his man down and get into the paint. If we don't find one of those guys next season will be hard to watch from the offensive end of the court
This... if anything should be apparent from watching the tourney or basketball in general... collapsing the defense and kicking it out for 3 is a MUCH better shot than swinging it around the perimeter to find those shots

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This just isn't true. It was Jackson or Kadary because they're both SFs. Jackson committed first. Turns out Kadary is PG than anything else, so this second time around we can recruit him for a totally different spot than we intended to.
No idea if true or not. Regardless of position my thought was he might feel we slighted him first time around.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
This... if anything should be apparent from watching the tourney or basketball in general... collapsing the defense and kicking it out for 3 is a MUCH better shot than swinging it around the perimeter to find those shots

Both can work.

But the ball needs to move fast in the latter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom