2020 Recruiting: - Kadary Richmond reopens recruitment | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Kadary Richmond reopens recruitment

Reaction Score
Kadary has such a great handle and body control. He jukes defenders out of position, just that step, and he's by you. Hope we get him. Him or Cam, we'll be stylin.

Reaction Score
You do you and I'll do me. Feel free to ignore me if you'd like, no offense taken.

Stop. You are annoying. Whether Chief has info or not is irrelevant. He has style and is entertaining. You have no information, have no style and are not entertaining. If you never posted again, no one would miss you. The same cannot be said about Chief.

Reaction Score
We played him on the adidas gauntlet. He killed us. He’s under rated. I’d LOVE to get him.

Do you think he'll be able to get into the lane at will at the d1 level like he does in hs? From what I've seen he has good patience jn the lane and makes higher level reads to pass, float, drive etc. Hard to tell how tight his footwork is right now

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I don't know how to say this without it sounding stupid... but I'm gonna try.

I feel like getting Richmond would boost our chances of winning IT ALL in the next 2-3 years because he would be a multi-year player that has the core skill set to develop into a dominant college player. Could develop into NBA talent, especially with his size and ball skills.

Getting Cam would be better for the long term of the program and help future recruiting. He sounds like he could likely be a 1 and done and would be the first of Hurley's pipeline into the NBA.

I would be ecstatic if we were able to land either.

Reaction Score

I feel like getting Richmond would boost our chances of winning IT ALL in the next 2-3 years because he would be a multi-year player that has the core skill set to develop into a dominant college player. Could develop into NBA talent, especially with his size and ball skills.

Getting Cam would be better for the long term of the program and help future recruiting. He sounds like he could likely be a 1 and done and would be the first of Hurley's pipeline into the NBA.

Not stupid on any level .I believe your analysis and conclusion are accurate and well reasoned . Give yourself more credit .You deserve it.

Reaction Score
Stop. You are annoying. Whether Chief has info or not is irrelevant. He has style and is entertaining. You have no information, have no style and are not entertaining. If you never posted again, no one would miss you. The same cannot be said about Chief.
Feel free to ignore me

Also, I was the FIRST one that had the scoop on us returning to the NBE. You were probably at one of Chief's pow wows when that happened.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Adam Finklestein suggests that UConn is out after getting Jackson...
Obviously he would know, but I thought his quote read sorta like a guess. But we'll find out.

Reaction Score
Adam Finklestein suggests that UConn is out after getting Jackson...

Makes sense, one of the remaining schollies is for a big (Cardwell/Omoruyi) and I have a feeling the other is earmarked for Thomas or they will save it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
From a pure basketball standpoint, who;s the better player? Kadary or Jackson?

I don't have an informed opinion, but my impression is that Kadary is the better player right now, whereas Jackson has the upside.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Makes sense, one of the remaining schollies is for a big (Cardwell/Omoruyi) and I have a feeling the other is earmarked for Thomas or they will save it.

Agree - think you’re right.

Reaction Score
From a pure basketball standpoint, who;s the better player? Kadary or Jackson?

I don't have an informed opinion, but my impression is that Kadary is the better player right now, whereas Jackson has the upside.
Jackson was Hurley's number one recruiting target for this class, that's all that matters.

Reaction Score
I liked Kadary a lot, I can see why the staff wants Andre more. Cuse offered Kadary, I just hope he ends up anywhere but there

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
After my applesauce post, I'm a bit reluctant to jump back in - but here goes....

Isn't Jackson a wing and Kadary a guard? Why would Jackson take us out for Kad?

I would think like either Cliff or Cardwell for center, the staff would be in on Kadary or Cam for a quality guard.

Explain to this Spaghettio eater.

Reaction Score
After my applesauce post, I'm a bit reluctant to jump back in - but here goes....

I would think like either Cliff or Cardwell for center, the staff would be in on Kadary or Cam for a quality guard.

Yeah. I'm not sure this is real insider info from finkelstein. Might be conjecture

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Jackson said he's going to compete for minutes at SG and SF. I think Thomas is different because of his talent, Hurley wouldn't be able to pass on someone like him.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

Ehhh... they overlap A LOT. Longer multiposition perimeter players. We also have JB already who fits that mold. Hurley probably wants a few of them but I don’t see us landing another in this class. A player like Thomas is a totally different type of player that doesn’t overlap. Imo.

Reaction Score
Syracuse has a gag order on UConn.... their fans can’t help trashing JB and GMac for losing Jackson to us. They keep locking threads and asking people to only discussing thread topics

Attachments

• 8FD307FD-9765-49D5-8132-2480D8EE96C6.jpeg
    8FD307FD-9765-49D5-8132-2480D8EE96C6.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 414

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Syracuse has a gag order on UConn.... their fans can’t help trashing JB and GMac for losing Jackson to us. They keep locking threads and asking people to only discussing thread topics
They can’t beat us on the court or in recruiting(theyre relegated to having to late panic offer our plan Bs), they can’t even make fun of the conference we play in anymore. It’s eating them alive inside. They’re going to be calling for Boeheims head here shortly when they under perform this season.

Reaction Score
We actually played Jackson the year before in Kansas. They could easily play together.

Kadary is a 6’5 scorer. Can handle really good offensive player can play 2/3 and a little 1. He should really blow up this year at Brewster. All the talent in the world there. Just needs to be consistent.

Andre just really looks the part. Good size and length. He wasn’t great the week I saw Him. But he can be an elite nba defender. Play 2-4. He just wasn’t a great offensive player in the half court. He was really patient didn’t force anything.

You would need some shooting at the other spots if they were ur 2 and 3.

Reaction Score
We actually played Jackson the year before in Kansas. They could easily play together.

Kadary is a 6’5 scorer. Can handle really good offensive player can play 2/3 and a little 1. He should really blow up this year at Brewster. All the talent in the world there. Just needs to be consistent.

Andre just really looks the part. Good size and length. He wasn’t great the week I saw Him. But he can be an elite nba defender. Play 2-4. He just wasn’t a great offensive player in the half court. He was really patient didn’t force anything.

You would need some shooting at the other spots if they were ur 2 and 3.
From what I’ve read and heard it seems to me that Kadary is more of a scoring 1 or 2, while Jackson is an athletic, good defender but challenged-shooting 2/3 that could even defend the 4. They sound like different players from that profile, but I haven’t seen either of them play. What I think of is one of our best teams ever started KO at point, Doron at 1/2, Ray at 3 (6’5” at best) and Donny M at 4 6’6” if he stretched). Different time and game I understand, but I think if the players are athletic enough they can make up for little lack of height.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom