Justin Joly - our new weapon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Justin Joly - our new weapon

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nan, you just confused every millennial on this board.
My 28 year old son just bought a 2000 Porsche Boxter, a standard shift. He’s self-taught driving the thing but he drives it like he’s somebody’s grandfather. When we visited him, my husband drove the Porsche and redlined it - my son nearly fainted. Man, that car wanted to go, though.

As convenient as automatic transmissions are, sometimes I miss a standard shift on a high performance car.

Reaction Score
I thought Nieminski would be used more. He has been non existent.
Me too... I thought we'd run a pass play for him up the middle of the field at some point... Hopefully we utilize him in that way again soon...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My 28 year old son just bought a 2000 Porsche Boxter, a standard shift. He’s self-taught driving the thing but he drives it like he’s somebody’s grandfather. When we visited him, my husband drove the Porsche and redlined it - my son nearly fainted. Man, that car wanted to go, though.

As convenient as automatic transmissions are, sometimes I miss a standard shift on a high performance car.
I personally believe that automatic transmissions should be outlawed. The only reason I own a vehicle with an automatic transmission is that I haven't found an acceptable 4×4 pickup truck (my tailgate vehicle) with a manual transmission. My "fun" car and my daily vehicle are both five speeds.

Reaction Score
I really feel like most people must have no idea how old millennials are. 26-40ish. Among my own millennial siblings, 4 out of 5 of us can drive stick. It's not uncommon. And if your kids are millennials that can't drive stick then thats a you problem. I'll steal your car if you really want.

Reaction Score
I really feel like most people must have no idea how old millennials are. 26-40ish. Among my own millennial siblings, 4 out of 5 of us can drive stick. It's not uncommon. And if your kids are millennials that can't drive stick then thats a you problem. I'll steal your car if you really want.
M gen x and always think Millennials were all born after 2000

Reaction Score

Why pay for the entire tach if you're not going to use it?

This millennial has been driving stick for 15 years.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Back to Joly…great to see we have someone who can 1) get open 2) in the middle of the field and 3) make a catch. He also did a great job blocking on one of Huston’s bigger runs to the left. Now that he’s on film though I guarantee other teams will key on that slant route more so I hope we continue to mix it up and try some other stuff with him.

Reaction Score
My husband drove the Porsche and redlined it - my son nearly fainted. Man, that car wanted to go, though., I miss a standard shift on a high performance car.
Wow, your husband is a lucky guy. Whenever I “redline” the accelerator on the highway all I hear from my wife is slow down—now!

Reaction Score
God dang millennials have to drive automatic to buy their avocado toast!
You must not have tried avocado toast, cause if you had, you'd be zooming out in your manual to get it

Reaction Score
Looked like Rayonte Brown was in at te quite a bit. He's probably in for blocking.
Seemed to be rotating a lot of their TEs, Harris was in there early too. Didn't recall seeing Russ Dixon who made a few catches earlier in the year. Wonder if he is hurt or not the blocker and/or receiver they are now utilizing.

Reaction Score
M gen x and always think Millennials were all born after 2000
I'm a millennial, born in 1989. I also had a manual car for about 5 years. When I bought my new car (in 2016) I told the sales guy I wanted another manual to get better gas mileage. He told me the newer automatic transmissions get better mileage now. So that's the only reason I have an automatic transmission. That's really all I care about in a car. Subaru for the AWD, and good gas mileage.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

I don't want to get ahead of myself, because of the 34 yards, but Joly converted 3 3rd downs, on 3 targets. Be that as it may, being so far down the depth chart makes me think this kid has a real Marcus Easley vibe.

Reaction Score
I don't want to get ahead of myself, because of the 34 yards, but Joly converted 3 3rd downs, on 3 targets. Be that as it may, being so far down the depth chart makes me think this kid has a real Marcus Easley vibe.

… or Mora depth charts are just a guide. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom