Justin Joly - our new weapon | The Boneyard

Justin Joly - our new weapon

Reaction Score
He was a key target for Zion today when we desperately needed any & all receivers to step up. Had some big 3rd down catches over the middle to extend drives.

Reaction Score
Nobody has mentioned this kid…..made his debut last week….6’3”. 215 tight end converted to receiver….freshman, big target….3 big catches today…..
His presence was greatly needed in the passing game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I mentioned in the chat room the kid has some massive calves that don't resemble the legs of a WR.

Reaction Score
Yep, huge shout out to Justin, it gave Zion a down field target finally. As the offense had sputtered to the point that I thought GDL was calling the plays with 2 hand-offs and then a sideline pass for 3 yds on a third and 12. It makes a world of difference when the D has to worry about a big WR making plays over the middle.

Reaction Score
What’s been fun to witness, even amidst the ass-kicking over the past few weeks, is which of the freshmen have stepped up to accept the challenge. You’d expect a four or five star recruit to jump into an FBS roster and become a weapon from day one, but when a three star freshman excels like Joly has, it speaks more about his character than his talent. The kid is a gamer. He accepted the challenge and ran with it. I think our roster has more freshmen on it like Joly. It’s gonna be fun to watch these guys develop over the years

Reaction Score
I loved Joly’s first down reception with five minutes to go. Surprisingly agile in small space for 6’3 215.

Reaction Score
It does beg the question about our need to upgrade at tight end. They’re not injured however we don’t get much production from that spot

Reaction Score
It does beg the question about our need to upgrade at tight end. They’re not injured however we don’t get much production from that spot

Returning TE Heatherman out for year injured…

Reaction Score
I thought Nieminski would be used more. He has been non existent.
When they throw him the ball he catches it. Caught a nice touchdown this year. Also he can pick up yardage after the catch which is great.

Reaction Score
Joly made some good plays and he really helps the offense by giving Zion a big and capable target over the middle. I also like Clersius. Both his catches were good plays. On the trick play he came back for a ball that was woefully under thrown. A good pass there was 6. And on the late drive he made a tough catch with a defender right there. He has bee open a few times too when the ball wasn’t thrown his way. Nice receiver.

Reaction Score
Joly listed at 228 in the program. Solid looking player for a freshman. We had him lining up outside / not in a TE position and he was a big target. As far as handshake issue there were a number of Bulldogs that walked off the field without going out to the field at the end of the game. As the clock ticked down to zero I saw Zion waving goodbye towards their sideline. Could have been to the fans at midfield behind the bench or the team. Don't know how much trash talking went on during the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom