Jordan Hawkins in a boot? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jordan Hawkins in a boot?

Reaction Score
But he's in a boot. That's at least out 2 weeks. </s>

I was like 5th row in student section and can confirm he was not in a boot today. Walking around; no boot, no brace. Just updating everyone

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Clear as mud. Bummer about tomorrow.

My interest in attending tomorrow was primarily to see Hawkins in live action before the Bahamas.

Think I will pass then.

Reaction Score
Hawkins is a major piece for us this year shooting wise so I guess they want to make sure he gets in the games that count.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Have to admit DH is weird about information we’re used to the horde getting better answers on. He’s consistent though he’s been awful on this since day 1.
I mean he must be a great, sincere guy in real life because the family, staff and players around him are testament to that; but I get the sense that he is so afraid of letting his unfiltered self speak in public that he errs on the side of being terribly and obviously evasive instead.

A body language expert would likely nail him as untruthful because he has all the telltale signs, e.g., touching his nose, not making eye contact, eyes searching like he's trying to think of something to say, etc. Even in his press conferences he tends to talk while looking down at the stat sheet and he rarely looks up.

But everyone is different and we were spoiled by Calhoun, who looked you straight in the eyes and always gave you something to chew on. I think Hurley is really an intense introvert at heart, and he's just not very comfortable with this part of the job. Thankfully it has no bearing on the wins and losses.

Reaction Score
If you were at the game Tuesday and saw how gingerly Hawkins was moving around, you could have guessed this was coming. I’d like him to get some playing experience before Auburn, but I see no point in risking re-injury against these mega-cupcakes we scheduled.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I mean he must be a great, sincere guy in real life because the family, staff and players around him are testament to that; but I get the sense that he is so afraid of letting his unfiltered self speak in public that he errs on the side of being terribly and obviously evasive instead.

A body language expert would likely nail him as untruthful because he has all the telltale signs, e.g., touching his nose, not making eye contact, eyes searching like he's trying to think of something to say, etc. Even in his press conferences he tends to talk while looking down at the stat sheet and he rarely looks up.

But everyone is different and we were spoiled by Calhoun, who looked you straight in the eyes and always gave you something to chew on. I think Hurley is really an intense introvert at heart, and he's just not very comfortable with this part of the job. Thankfully it has no bearing on the wins and losses.
No he would look you in the eye while chewing on something and then say something really fast and unintelligible

Reaction Score
If someone never lived in Boston or was not from New England and familiar with a Boston accent, I can understand why his speaking fast could be tough to understand.

On the other hand, if a person was not paying close attention to what he said, and was not focused, it might be hard to understand what he was saying.

I mostly understood his words if I was listening carefully and was focused.

He won games and titles. Who cares how he sounded? His players must have understood him and never had trouble understanding the obscenities spoken by him to motivate them.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Katz twice called it an ankle/Achilles issue. I'm concerned based on recent history with injury communications

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

He hid a bunch with Bouk - it's his team and he can do what he wants but I don't care or appreciate his lack of transparency on some issues
To each their own...........................

Reaction Score
When he was introduced as our new coach there was a meet and greet (Happy Hour) with coach Hurley and the rest of the coaching staff along with Andy Katz as speaker at the Rent. Coach Hurley approached our group and asked us "so do you have any questions for me" I laughed and said, DO WE HAVE QUESTIONS FOR YOU! He laughed so hard, and was extremely easygoing, sincere and relaxed, he answered most of our questions that we sent his way. With very few vague answers. He does protect his team issues though. Was a great evening.

Reaction Score
Clear as mud. Bummer about tomorrow.

My interest in attending tomorrow was primarily to see Hawkins in live action before the Bahamas.

Think I will pass then.
Sounds similar to how Bouknight’s career started. Miss the first few games and then shows everyone how good he is in the Charleston classic. Let’s hope Hawkins follows suit in Atlantis.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom