Jon Scheyer says Duke will now schedule home and home series | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jon Scheyer says Duke will now schedule home and home series

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
O.K. you're wrong. How many times has UConn played Duke in the NCAA Tournament in the last 20 years? Once. Way back in 2004. The probability of them facing each other in the NCAA Tournament is pretty small. That is a lame reason not to schedule a home and home.
If you went back 25 years instead of 20, UConn beat Duke in 1999 and they were supposedly the best team ever.

Reaction Score
Don’t be too surprised if their request is Cameron for them and MSG for our home game. They are that arrogant!

Reaction Score
The banners are in Gampel. And Teds for postgame victory. Hartford.. Gimme a break. So stupid.

Reaction Score
The banners are in Gampel. And Teds for postgame victory. Hartford.. Gimme a break. So stupid.
1 good point doesn't qualify the rest of your post. You want the best possible crowd? XL by miles.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes and i think it exists, are you an economics professor?
I'm not so sure that you are right on that, particularly based upon the price increase necessary to make up the difference.

Reaction Score
as much as I would love to schedule a Home & Home with Duke, there would be nothing worse than seeing that game get played at XL instead of on campus at Gampel.
It’s not really a home game for UConn, it’s closer to a neutral court, and Scheyer knows that.

Reaction Score
As long as Duke doesn’t try and do some BS where we play @ Cameron & then they play us at MSG, I’m cool

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
DO NOT schedule Duke next year. They would beat us by 30. Schedule it for a few years out. We need to retool after this season. I predict Duke will go undefeated next season.

Reaction Score
Do it!

Cameron sucks, stupid foreign students, old NC retired dbags, and some celebrities.

Hope Gampel is different.

Ps. Cameron does have some nice Duke pictures.

Reaction Score
The game should be at XL. Why would we not schedule at a place that would allow 15k people to watch it live instead of 10k.
Because Gampel has Husky Magic, XL not so much.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Gampel couldn’t even logistically fit all of us for Northern Arizona. You think Duke will be any better?

Put the game at XL, and only sell extra seats to season ticket holders or give them to students. Make it a gameday atmosphere on Pratt St.

Reaction Score
Play the game at Toscano for our 2500 richest donors who will have to bankroll the next 5 years of NIL and coaching staff money in order to get in.
It will be like watching Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds at the oakdale.

Reaction Score
Gampel couldn’t even logistically fit all of us for Northern Arizona. You think Duke will be any better?

Put the game at XL, and only sell extra seats to season ticket holders or give them to students. Make it a gameday atmosphere on Pratt St.
The Huskies do have a competitive advantage playing at the XL Center. The UConn players are accustomed to playing with the heavy smell of fryer grease permeating the arena.

Reaction Score
Just being honest. I don’t want a home and home series with Dook. I would rather just play them in the tourney. We have their number and too many regular season match ups could eliminate that mental edge we currently have. Think about it. If you asked 1000 Dook fans who do you not want to play in the tourney or more specifically the final four, I am thinking we would be the team they would think of. I prefer keeping it that way. I forget what year it was maybe 2009 we played them in MSG some early season tourney. We competed for awhile but there were some questionable calls, and my wife had to get me out of there because when Dook started winning and talking trash it was too easy. I remember saying you guys are a lot better in a meaningless early season tourney than the final four. Because if this was the final four we would be winning and you would be traveling or getting scorched in the second half by a better team. That almost led to blows. My wife grabbed me and we left, with me hurling insults to all the Dook fans in the area. Point being we have the edge right now. Regular season games would dilute that. Now I am ready for everyone to say how wrong this thinking is.
Agreed
Keep the mystique

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Sure, and our home game will be MSG :)

Reaction Score
Dave Benedict, get on the phone and make it happen.

"This isn't going to be a one-time thing," Scheyer told CBS Sports. "I want to schedule really good teams every season, whether it be Arizona or other big-time teams in the future."

In speaking to Scheyer, he was clear: He's talking about home-and-home series with some of the biggest schools in college basketball.

Arizona's only the start of it. Perhaps home-and-homes await in the future against the likes of Kansas, or Gonzaga, or Indiana, or UCLA, or UConn, etc.?

A sign of the weakness of the ACC. It's not as if they've done terrible in the tournament traditionally, but clearly K thought the road games in the ACC were enough to prepare Duke for the difficult environments they might face.

Scheyer clearly feels that's clearly on longer the case.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
FB_IMG_1661290709526.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member