Johnnie’s upsetting Creighton??!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Johnnie’s upsetting Creighton??!!

Reaction Score
Big takeaway from this game is that we need to take and be able to make those mid-range shots against Creighton if and when we face them again.
And the frustrating part is Spencer, Newton, castle, and karaban have all showed they can hit that shot

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
No "maybe" about it!
So "maybe" the staff should be proactive vs reactive?
The 2nd half, UConn should have been driving and pulling up the whole time but decided to remain as is.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
And the frustrating part is Spencer, Newton, castle, and karaban have all showed they can hit that shot

We did that in the first game against them.

Reaction Score
Welp. I’d have preferred for Creighton to remain the three seed to Marquette's two. Now we could end up facing Creighton, not Seton Hall, in the BET semis if we get there.
We need to beat Seton Hall on Sunday, and maybe hope Creighton beats Marquette.

Reaction Score
IMG_7121.jpeg

Is it just me?

Reaction Score
You're scared to face Creighton in The Garden?
I don’t if he’s scared, but obviously from a Vegas perspective our odds of winning the BET will be much better if we’re on a path where we only have to face one of Marquette/Creighton.

Of course if Seton Hall beats us Sunday then bring on Creighton haha.

Reaction Score
Of course Ashworth was 1-6 from 3 today. Couldn’t miss against us
Course. Knew these dummies would lay an egg after they killed our winning streak. I shudda bet the house on St. John’s. So obvious

Reaction Score
There are teams that always give you trouble in all sports. Creighton is that for us. I think partly the coach can get in Hurley’s head. Partly Karaban is in a slump. They shut down Spenser like nobody else has done. I would worry about meeting them innthe NEWBIE tournament. It isn’t like it matters. I want to win because I don’t like to lose, but unless you are out of yhe NCAA or a bubble team, it is probably the most meaningless event on the calendar. We win, we get a 1 seed. We lose. We get a 1 seed. And hopefully UConn doesn’t do banners for winning the thing. That sounds like something Providence or Seton Hall would do.

Reaction Score
Someone will get upset in the BET quarters. It happens every year. I wouldn’t worry about seeds because it’s rarely ever chalk.

Reaction Score
We split with Creighton this year and last. Each team won their home games both years. Not exactly the domination narrative everyone has been spewing. Before that our coach hadn't quite come around to the fact that you need shooting and a good offense to win on this level. He admits to this revelation after N.Mexico St loss. We were pretty much outgunned against Creighton before last season from an offensive standpoint over-relying on RJ the previois year and when he got hurt at MSG it was curtains. I know the games count but to me our first 3 years were part of the rebuilding and learning process. We took it on the chin for sure but now both programs have it rolling and are on equal footing.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I guess that press conference got the team motivated to play?

Ahh good ole tough love coaching.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
So "maybe" the staff should be proactive vs reactive?
The 2nd half, UConn should have been driving and pulling up the whole time but decided to remain as is.

You're complaining about a staff that's gone something like 35-5 in the last 40? And won a national championship? With the vast majority of wins by double digits?

Sometimes the other team plays better

PS: Or am I missing something?

Reaction Score
Those would be the buy games. I guarantee the BE regular season and tournament championships are meaningful to the players and coaches involved; and to most of the fans.
Like a lot of marketing. Take a meaningless “event” and convince people it is important.

I actually think the regular season should be important. Eliminating these silly conference tournaments (see I’m not only against the NBE one) and playing a couple more regular season games would be my preference. League champ gets the auto bid. If DePaul doesn’t get an extra chance to go to the dance, so be it. Play better next year Demons. Make the Regular Season great again. I know it’s about the money. But I really don’t get why Mid-majors, especially low ones, do it. For the NEWBIE and P4s it doesn’t mean anything. Most teams already have locked up bids. But for those low majors, a team that battled and won over 20 or so games risks being ousted by a less qualified one. Dumb! How many NEWBIE fans would favor the NBE tournament if only the winner went to the NCAA tournament?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!?

YOURE GOING TO BONEYARD JINX THEM WITH YOUR MAGICAL POWERS!!!

Oh wait. Never mind.
I have to admit it's vaguely entertaining watching you alternate between "there are no magic powers" and "I will lead you with my magic powers" depending on which of your personalities is in control on any given post. The best part is you seem entirely unaware that you were taking contrary positions.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You're scared to face Creighton in The Garden?
If they are shooting 57% behind the arch again? Yeah, a little, though I would say worried not scared.

Reaction Score
I have to admit it's vaguely entertaining watching you alternate between "there are no magic powers" and "I will lead you with my magic powers" depending on which of your personalities is in control on any given post. The best part is you seem entirely unaware that you were taking contrary positions.
Isn't he also the one who coined the phrase, "If you think it affects the mojo, then it affects the mojo?"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom