Jim Mora Expected to be Named HC | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora Expected to be Named HC

Reaction Score
Mora needs to stress to recruits not so much that UConn will be a power, but that if you come you have a chance at the NFL. For a team who has been as bad as UConn has been, they have an impressive number of players on NFL rosters. And seriously, why can't UConn be as competitive as, say, Temple. The program declined with the very bad head coach, Pasqualoni and the second Edsall tenure in particular, choices.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mora said he can’t contact recruits until tomorrow. Has to past a test.
Pregnancy Test Im Pregnant GIF by Shay Mitchell

Reaction Score
Aikman went to OU as a recruit. He transferred later. If it was that ez, they’d be best program in country ; they’re not best team in city.

pfft

What do you know. When Terry Donahue was the UCLA HC and Larry Smith was the USC HC ... UCLA was the far better team. In fact, there was a long period basically from OJ/John Robinson to Pete Carroll that SC sucked eggs.

Troy Aikman was a wonderful college QB at UCLA for 2 years; and his time at Oklahoma he showed promise ... but was injured. And also OK was just past the wishbone days and didn't really play a good passing attack.

Reaction Score
Fine, we’re not tiny, we’re just below average, AND overall we don’t produce many FBS-level recruits.
Now, we might not produce quality football players, however our biggest high schools are smaller than the high schools in Hillsborough County. Hillsborough County (Tampa) has some middle schools bigger than some of Connecticut's high schools. Also, until about 2005, some schools (East Granby, RHAM) didn't have football. I think Connecticut's High School football is like hockey or lacrosse in Florida (unknown, but some stats are playing). A neighbor's sons are playing for one of the best high school hockey team in the state. (Coached by an ex Lightning player).

With Mora, I think Connecticut high school football might grow, and maybe even Mass and Rhode Island, too.

I love the hire...

Reaction Score
He averaged 7-4 at UCLA. I am fairly certain that is better than his predecessor or anyone who followed him. College football is not a video game. Spouting a coach’s record is fairly meaningless without knowing what school he was at and whether the program has been better or worse, and how much with other coaches.
If we can average 7-4 with Mora, I'd take it...

Especially if we beat tOSU...;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Well, folks are talking about UConn football, and not in a totally negative way either. That kickoff TD at Clemson had the whole house cheering! Cue the meme about hope being a good thing.
The only thing that would have made the hire better is if Coach Mora pronounced the situation "doable".

Reaction Score
It disabuses the notion that UConn is looking to drop football.

anybody who said that - sportswriter or fan - is a complete Knucklehead. No institution or large org drops a several hundred million dollar investment. Of course, we had a steep climb; we understand. But this Mora hire is a Leap (as any would be); we then need to pull our panties up and try try harder. This is unacceptable.

Reaction Score
The hire is being talked about on all the biggest college football broadcasts and everything I've heard is positive. Recruiting should pick up a lot and quickly.
Recruiting will be interesting. I’ll settle for competent coaching and a game plan designed to win. We should be 4-6 right now. After crazy Bob and disinterested HCRE, I just want to see a 1A staff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom