2023 Recruiting: - Jayden Ross to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Jayden Ross to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I had no clue about this announcement.:cool: Welcome to UConn Jayden. I have a great feeling about this recruit. Another diamond in the ruff recruit that we will add to the UConn list if my feelings are accurate.

Reaction Score
Welcome Jayden!!

1656371448910.gif

Reaction Score
welcome Jayden! what a well spoken good kid. Looking forward to watch him grow. Just seems like we can have a good feeling about him the way this is setting up.

Reaction Score
Jayden is still adjusting to a large growth spurt during the 2020-2021 school year,” said Saint James School coach Kevin Breslin said. “He was a 6’0 dangerous spot up shooter with range and a shifty handle. Those skills gave him the foundation to be a great high school player but the added length has made him a terrific college prospect who plays above the rim. He’s humble and hardworking and has the right attitude to put it all together.”

Reaction Score
Just Wow! Not sure if he's done growing.

"Ross began his high school career as just a 5-foot-8 freshman, but has grown to 6-foot-7 in the last two-and-a-half years."

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Great interview. Speaking and physically I want to call him Little Isiah!

Reaction Score
I am maybe overly excited about this commitment, but he really seems to be a perfect commitment at this point in time for the following reasons

1) late riser, could potentially continue to climb. Late growth spurt, just got on the “scene”. 136 today, could be much higher at end of the next season
2) if he stays where he is, seems to be a great kid, who will be an excellent teammate
3) he doesn’t seem to have unrealistic expectations beyond coming in & working hard. Floor is Richie Springs (& I love him & how he comes in, works & has stuck around when he easily could have left)
4) He’s good enough to be on the roster here (even if not a significant contributor) has great connections with another player we’re heavily recruiting (Solo) & he won’t scare any other recruits away, nor does he seem the kid offended by being “recruited over” Ex: Middleton wouldn’t be scared off this commitment

That’s my Blue tinted review of this

This is the type of guy, who if he puts in the work (Like Tyrese) becomes a 2nd round pick. He has height, length, and now needs to bring the 3 point shot and some D.

Reaction Score
You mean all the explanations from your last comment didn’t make sense? What are you not getting?
Wait what did I miss? Fill me in please. I just checked the Temple and George Mason boards and they are PISSED!

Reaction Score
Welcome abroad Jayden. Sounds like a real smart and level headed kids. I wish I had a growth spurt from 5'8" to 6'7" LOL!. A little too late for that. I also loved how he acknowledge the Uconn degree means something too. Believe in Hurley!!!! So is he '22 or 23?

Reaction Score
In this era of CBB, people need to start getting excited about ~150 ranked prospects who have a 4-year outlook. This guy looks like he has a high upside. I was hoping we would sign some guys like this - great job DH and staff

They could have as many as 8 spots open for next season- probably won’t but could. You absolutely take a chance on a guy who loves UConn, who sees the big picture (future recruits see the ones who have committed and want to know how they’ll fit), and who the coaches like. There’s good and bad reasons for guys being under the radar. Jayden has all the ones you want- crazy growth spurt, bad team, injury/missed season. He’ll prep somewhere better and get feedback from his current and future coaches, and he’s a Team Melo guy. It’s not that hard to figure out, unless your trying to be a jerk. Big day for him. Now, time to go from 9 to 5 to 1.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wait what did I miss? Fill me in please. I just checked the Temple and George Mason boards and they are PISSED!

Being a in a recruits commitment thread is sad. Trust the staff in their recruiting until they give us reason not to. And how the hell do we have a Kansas fan bitching when your team had 2 3* drafted in the first round 4 days ago?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Don't even waste your time with him, he's made it very clear over the past year that he exists solely to troll and has no interest in an intelligent conversation
I remember a time when he wasn’t like that. But I guess you’re right. He woulda seen all the responses to his first comment.

Reaction Score
100%. Didn’t seem to have any unrealistic expectations or anything either. Couple things that stood out.
1) He has family up in the area & some alumni from the school
2) Late riser with a lot of untapped potential
3) part of the “lower” ranking sounds like it has to do with his highest growth spurt & being a late riser. Sub 5’10 freshmen year, pushing 6’6 ish now.
6’7 now. My guess is he will be 6’8 as a freshman

Reaction Score
Being a in a recruits commitment thread is sad. Trust the staff in their recruiting until they give us reason not to. And how the hell do we have a Kansas fan bitching when your team had 2 3* drafted in the first round 4 days ago?

Valid point on me being a . I am working on it. Also, I didnt say anything untrue, I am sure the Temple and George Mason fans are upset on losing out on Jayden. There is nothing false there.

Comparing Jayden to Ochai and Christian is tough. First Bill Self has a history of finding under the radar guys and helping them get drafted, Svi, Frank Mason, Devonte etc. Christian was a three time state champ and helped Mokan win the Peach Jam. Ochai averaged 33 a game his senior year. They had offers from Oregan, Oklahoma, Texas A&M,Creighton, Illionis, Wisconsin etc. They also committed way later in the process, so Jayden is more unknown. I truly hope it works out.

Reaction Score
I remember a time when he wasn’t like that. But I guess you’re right. He woulda seen all the responses to his first comment.

I have been sour lately. I am working on it. I just am more critical of Hurley than most on here. That is a discussion for another thread, so I wont get into here. But I appreciate that you remember some of my positive aspects. I will try and keep it to those here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom