2023 Recruiting: - Jayden Ross to UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Jayden Ross to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Sounds like the level of recruit KO was bringing in late in his run. The good news is when you bring in lower rated recruits, you don't have to worry about losing them to schools with deep NIL pockets later. Serious question, excluding transfers, who was the most successful sub-100 recruit in the program's recent history? That would be interesting to know.
Tyrese Martin just got drafted into the NBA… soooo….

Reaction Score
What he said^^^

I was drunk lol. Wish I could lock boneyard after midnight.
I wasn't even trying to bust your balls. I legit looked up if we had another lottery pick I forgot about, early in the morning so couldn't decipher what you meant.

Reaction Score
There's no way he stays a consensus 100+ rated recruit. More likely he'll land in the 50-75 range.

Reaction Score
Sounds like the level of recruit KO was bringing in late in his run. The good news is when you bring in lower rated recruits, you don't have to worry about losing them to schools with deep NIL pockets later. Serious question, excluding transfers, who was the most successful sub-100 recruit in the program's recent history? That would be interesting to know.
Christian Vital?

Hilton Armstrong?

I agree with the above though, he will end up a top 100 recruit.

Reaction Score
Christian Vital?

Hilton Armstrong?

I agree with the above though, he will end up a top 100 recruit.
Agree with these- If talking about successful in terms of production at UConn, it’s hard to top Vital. If successful means NBA career then Hilton is top of mind. I’m sure there are others I’m missing but can’t think of anyone else.

Reaction Score
Agree with these- If talking about successful in terms of production at UConn, it’s hard to top Vital. If successful means NBA career then Hilton is top of mind. I’m sure there are others I’m missing but can’t think of anyone else.
Yeah, I meant college.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Jayden is still adjusting to a large growth spurt during the 2020-2021 school year,” said Saint James School coach Kevin Breslin said. “He was a 6’0 dangerous spot up shooter with range and a shifty handle. Those skills gave him the foundation to be a great high school player but the added length has made him a terrific college prospect who plays above the rim. He’s humble and hardworking and has the right attitude to put it all together.”

I watched his highlights without even knowing this and he looked impressive.

He had a smooth jumper, plays very aggressively, and I think yeah, he’s still growing comfortable with his body. This was a great under the radar pick up for us. This kid has so much room to grow. Has the tools to be an NBA prospect IMO…

This staff continues to kill it on the recruiting trail.

Reaction Score
My notes from his EYBL game today...

Ended the game with 13/2/1. 6/10 from the field. 1/4 from 3. Should have been 14 points and 2/5 from deep... his foot wasn't on the line. Ref looked at the wrong stripe on the floor.

• Went ballistic to start the game… 7 points in the first quarter including a big slam. Then got hurt and didn’t really involve himself for a while.
  • Pretty pull up and 3 point shot.
  • Decent athleticism… long but skinny.
  • Ballhandling is lacking a bit.
  • Better passing than I expected tbh… couple good looks from the high post vs the zone. Hit a cutter… teammates were missing the shots though.
  • Looks about 6’8
  • Defensive effort was good but he couldn’t guard Mgbako so he had to sit for a long while. I think it’s more of an IQ and experience thing than an athleticism thing
  • Looks a bit uncoordinated… just less of a fluid athlete. Not a great second jumper.
  • Weak posting up and defending post
  • Hands aren’t very good
  • SnC program will solve a lot of his problem IMO.
  • He is a sniper with a smooth, quick stroke. Corner shooter especially. Dynamite from there. Hit a bunch of jumpers.
  • Good footwork on his shooting. Has a hop and a step into it.
  • I saw 1 block and 1 steal

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
My notes from his EYBL game today...

Ended the game with 13/2/1. 6/10 from the field. 1/4 from 3. Should have been 14 points and 2/5 from deep... his foot wasn't on the line. Ref looked at the wrong stripe on the floor.

• Went ballistic to start the game… 7 points in the first quarter including a big slam. Then got hurt and didn’t really involve himself for a while.
  • Pretty pull up and 3 point shot.
  • Decent athleticism… long but skinny.
  • Ballhandling is lacking a bit.
  • Better passing than I expected tbh… couple good looks from the high post vs the zone. Hit a cutter… teammates were missing the shots though.
  • Looks about 6’8
  • Defensive effort was good but he couldn’t guard Mgbako so he had to sit for a long while. I think it’s more of an IQ and experience thing than an athleticism thing
  • Looks a bit uncoordinated… just less of a fluid athlete. Not a great second jumper.
  • Weak posting up and defending post
  • Hands aren’t very good
  • SnC program will solve a lot of his problem IMO.
  • He is a sniper with a smooth, quick stroke. Corner shooter especially. Dynamite from there. Hit a bunch of jumpers.
  • Good footwork on his shooting. Has a hop and a step into it.
  • I saw 1 block and 1 steal
I would chalk up the uncoordination to his growth spurt.. will be interesting to see how he moves once he gets used to his body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom