Jaiden Delaire | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jaiden Delaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Can his name in the thread title please be changed to his actual name, Jaiden Delaire? Not at all a good look.

I had that in my post but edited it to match the thread title lol

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Duke enters the mix for four-star forward Jaiden Delaire

"The new UConn staff has impressed the Connecticut native in its first few months on the job and could be tough to beat."

Seems like Duke wants him as a plan B or C. We need to hammer home that fact that he is our plan A and we have early playing time for him. What concerns me about Duke here is that without Capel they might move back to the developmental/system model and away from the one and done model.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
K wants him now in case something else falls through?
Screw K, now I want this kid more than ever
C'mon DH sign him up

Reaction Score
That's the impression I got, K telling him to wait and all...
If he goes to Duke he’ll end up on the same path as Jordan Tucker - transfer after a semester or a year when he’s scrapping for garbage minutes and recruited over.

Reaction Score
If he goes to Duke he’ll end up on the same path as Jordan Tucker - transfer after a semester or a year when he’s scrapping for garbage minutes and recruited over.

A lot of people consider Delaire a top 50 player now. He’s going to expect to play a lot regardless of where he goes. He’s very confident and competitive. But with the way Duke recruits lately, I guess they could easily recruit over a top 50 type player.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20180624-173258001.jpg

UconnU

Reaction Score
They are going to regret it. This kid is as much as a must get as we've had since Drummond. We simply can not afford to not land him. This summer he has shown that he can be dominant against top competition. I'm increasingly believing that he is more a 5 star than a 4 star.

Reaction Score
They are going to regret it. This kid is as much as a must get as we've had since Drummond. We simply can not afford to not land him. This summer he has shown that he can be dominant against top competition. I'm increasingly believing that he is more a 5 star than a 4 star.
It seems like you are very tuned it, at least locally, so what do you think our chances are with him? Hoping getting him and Achiuwa will kick off our class.

UconnU

Reaction Score
It seems like you are very tuned it, at least locally, so what do you think our chances are with him? Hoping getting him and Achiuwa will kick off our class.
I don't have any idea. My instinct is that we are the front running so long as Duke doesn't offer and make a good pitch but my guess is as good as yours. Some kids just want to know that they are wanted before committing to where they want to go. His entire family lives in the Hartford metro area. That has to play a major part in his decision.

Reaction Score
Only shot 31% from 3 and his team went 4-4 in the UA Association.

I think he is going to be a good prospect, but needs a weight room badly.

Reaction Score
Kid has so much unrefined talent. Needs significant improvements and have my doubts that Duke is willing to let him have growing pains on the court

Reaction Score

I would disagree, and I have every reason to overrate him.

He's got the skill of a 5* but he is not strong or athletic. He will be a great college player, that, imo, will make the league if he dedicates in a good strength program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom