Jaiden Delaire | The Boneyard

Jaiden Delaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
The insiders here are free to tell me I’m wrong, but my guess is that the presence of Achiuwa and, possibly, Samuel have him considering other options.

Or, he’s an incredibly bright/talented kid who got a meet with (arguably) the best coach in America....

Reaction Score
We've had players meet with other high profiled schools before and won out. I am not going to panic (bites nails) lol.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I think this was on a team visit with Coach K because their AAU team is in NC. Doesn't mean they're going to offer.

Reaction Score
The insiders here are free to tell me I’m wrong, but my guess is that the presence of Achiuwa and, possibly, Samuel have him considering other options.

Or, he’s an incredibly bright/talented kid who got a meet with (arguably) the best coach in America....
If he's being scared off by Achiuwa and Samuel, Duke isn't exactly the school you'd go to if you wanted to avoid competition for playing time

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Scared off? Really? If Coach K offers some face time to you, you take it. It doesn't mean that they will offer or that you will accept.

Let's be honest, we aren't competing with the Dukes and Kentuckys of college basketball right now. I hope that we will again, and soon.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I know someone who’s friends with him. We are in good standing but if Duke offers he is going to Duke.
Would you say that we are the favorite if Duke doesn't offer? I wonder how long he's willing to wait for the Duke offer.

Reaction Score
I know someone who’s friends with him. We are in good standing but if Duke offers he is going to Duke.
If I were him I'd look at kids like Jordan Tucker and Semi Ojeleye and see that Duke has not been that recently successful at DEVELOPING talent. They prepare elite players who are close to ready for the draft very well but a lot of these players that need significant improvements to their game get lost in the weeds at Duke and often ride the bench and are forced to transfer.

Reaction Score
Would you say that we are the favorite if Duke doesn't offer? I wonder how long he's willing to wait for the Duke offer.
Would you say he had a plethora of offers?

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Duke checks in with 2019 forward Jaiden Delaire | Zagsblog
Delaire is a 6-foot-9 power forward from Loomis Chaffee (CT) ranked No. 21 at his position in the Class of 2019 by 247Sports.com. He is currently in North Carolina with his NE6 AAU program, which runs on the Under Armour circuit.

“My understanding is that they’re evaluating him this summer,” Loomis Chaffee head coach Rock Battistoni said Tuesday by phone. “[Duke assistant Jon] Scheyer has been calling for a little bit. They’re going to keep an eye on him just like most staffs do with most kids.”

Reaction Score
Commits here he’ll stay the same or drop in rankings. Goes duke he’ll rise to a top 40 kid....

Reaction Score
Delaire is option C for Duke. So hopefully they hit on their top choices.​

Reaction Score
Duke checks in with 2019 forward Jaiden Delaire | Zagsblog
Delaire is a 6-foot-9 power forward from Loomis Chaffee (CT) ranked No. 21 at his position in the Class of 2019 by 247Sports.com. He is currently in North Carolina with his NE6 AAU program, which runs on the Under Armour circuit.

“My understanding is that they’re evaluating him this summer,” Loomis Chaffee head coach Rock Battistoni said Tuesday by phone. “[Duke assistant Jon] Scheyer has been calling for a little bit. They’re going to keep an eye on him just like most staffs do with most kids.”
Didn't realize Rocky Battistoni is coaching him, known Rock since we were kids.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

What presence? Nobody's committed yet. Every school recruits multiple guys.

I bet Coach K is talking to Jaden and casually dropping the name Tatum though.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If I were him I'd look at kids like Jordan Tucker and Semi Ojeleye and see that Duke has not been that recently successful at DEVELOPING talent. They prepare elite players who are close to ready for the draft very well but a lot of these players that need significant improvements to their game get lost in the weeds at Duke and often ride the bench and are forced to transfer.

Duke used to be great with these kids. Now they just get recruited over.

Although, I'm interested to see how Duke operates now that Capel is gone. He arrived in 2011, and all of a sudden, it was one and done U. Not discussing the reasons for that mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom